What mods do you use if any?

Scyris

What mods do you use if any? I am thinking of getting into some that aren't complete overhauls, and so far I am looking into the 60 slot backpack mod, as I hate how small the inventory is with how much clutter there is.

We make all our maps with NitroGen because rwg has sucked really badly for some time and Nitro is a perfect tool that should be in game frankly.

We use modlets to make more/bigger roaming hordes and more wilderness zombies.

We don't overhaul the game, we think it's fine as is except for a few things.

The only mods I have installed are the SMX menu mods. I always found it was hard to see the time/day without looking at the ground. The white just blended in with my screen. I was considering doing the backpack mods, but I haven't yet. When you start a game, having such limited space can be a pain, but as you progress and have more storage and vehicles I find that it really isn't that much of a hindrance to me.

What are you looking for?

More challenge?

Zombie Variety?

More lively feeling world?

Bigger wandering hordes?

Spike log traps?

More wild zombie spawns?

Faster Vehicles?

Etc.

If you tell me what you're feeling, then I can point you out some modlets.

A modified version of Valmar's Door Lock Smash. To me this is a more palatable solution than a door lock-picking mod due to the limitations involved with that approach.

A personal mod reducing food poison chance of corn on the cob, corn bread and baked potato (because of their low food value & probability).

Plus Ragsy's boats and vehicle-tweaking mods, but I haven't seen them in action yet.

Big fan of mods that add more exciting/difficult combat, im working on a personal "Ruinous Wounds" mod, makes me more vulnerable as I take damage, another favorite is mods that add stuff like zombies always do 200% more damage to player, headshot mods that make body shots do next to nothing while buffing headshots to do way more.

I just use a few little UI modlets for QOL reasons.

One changes the way the compass appears a little bit to make map icons and markers a bit easier to see. My 54 year old eyes aren't what they used to be.

Another adds the number of kills next to the toolbelt.

Another one adds slot numbers to the toolbelt.

The last one makes it so you can still see the day and time when you're in a menu screen, chest, workstation or vehicle.

The only other things I use that could be considered mods are just little xml changes that I make myself.

I don't remember the exact names of the mods I use, but they are:

• A simple UI mod that adds extra info to the HUD.
  • A mod that adds "dump all to container" and "dump matching to container" buttons to the UI.
  • A mod that removes the stripper zombie from the various spawn lists.

The first two don't change the gameplay or difficulty at all; and the third barely does. All three are just for cosmetics.

no mods.

i challenge myself with different approaches/tactics/creativity... most times no perks chosen. (not stepping on toes, the question was asked).

i play nomad style at different difficulties but every game i have played for the past 4 alphas has been this way.

• A mod that adds "dump all to container" and "dump matching to container" buttons to the UI.

The first two don't change the gameplay or difficulty at all; and the third barely does. All three are just for cosmetics.

I need to get that 2nd one, the dump all and dump matching, would make the drop off after a loot run much faster.

I would kill for the dump all to container and dump matching to container... I've looked everywhere. Where are those mods?

Here are some thoughts as to mods you may like to start with first

to streamline game-play;

a good HUD/GUI ... these are hard to decide upon as they all have good features, I like simple/minimalist, so RELIX for me

(E to) Pick up Plants ... I don't think I could enjoy/play the game without this, it just makes sense

for Realism and a bit of "Oh $#!7" moments;

Tools/Weapons Break

My own personal tweaks

to make the game a little harder/real

remove grass as a bedroll ingredient (think cotton: see below)

change the bedroll crafting ingredient @ recipes.xml to resourceCloth and up it to 20

(that way you need 40 raw cotton=20 cloth or smash rotten couches, chairs and curtains)

change the bedroll repair and harvest ingredients @blocks.xml to resourceCloth -- repair 10, harvest 12

up the bedroll HP to 300 (just because it ain't grass no more)

these three, plus my bedroll XML edit, are what I always put in my game

sure the bedroll may seem hard at first but REALLY... it is your spawn point so I think you should have to work for it

otherwise we can just slap down bedrolls all over the place (with grass) and pick one up/slap it down for re spawns all over the map... cheese

cotton aint so plentiful... 'specially in burnt or wasteland (as in none)

I've gotten to midnight on day one with still no bedroll cause of my bedroll mod... its scary some nights

Thanks. I looked on Nexus but didn't find it except coupled with a bigger backpack which is just cheating. Can't wait to try it.

I'd say the 60 slot backpack is more quality of life than a straight up cheat, imo its what the default bag size would be, it'd be perfect.

I'd say the 60 slot backpack is more quality of life than a straight up cheat, imo its what the default bag size would be, it'd be perfect.

Sure... using a mod that makes the backpack larger is absolutely cheating. it's not in the game. Turrets are in the game... yet you think using Junk turrets is cheating... please.

I'm running a lot at the moment. I've got:

3 Forge Input Slots

Bigger Backpack

Bdubs Vehicles

Buncha Stuff - My private mods

DCM_Liquid_Cars

Food Safety

Grizzlys 60k Stacks - Changed to 20k since 60k resets your base

Harry's M4A1

harvestable zombies

InstantCrafting 3.0

Josh_ExtraEquipmentModSLot_A18

JRB_ZombieLootDrop_10

JunctionBox

KHA18-BackpackButtons

Shorter_Reach

SMXhud

Stamina_Regen_SexualTrex_A18

tier 6 crafting

vehicle storage mod

My private mod adds 2 treasure maps (Adam's Family and The Count of Monte Cristo), items such as cut diamonds and rubies (part of aforementioned treasure), re-added recipe for log spikes, more. I'm currently working on a separate mod for realistic calibers. Hell, I modded Harry's to be 5.56mm like an actual M4A1. Most of the mods I have are to facilitate me killing zombies and for preparing for my killing of zombies. I try not to break balancing but it happens with some of it. Got really annoyed by annoying craft times so I gave up on that one. I agree with previous posts mentioning the backpack. The vanilla backpack is stupid small. I get that you can carry 6k worth of rocks many times over but with the sheer number of items in the game it just makes sense to be a bit larger. Oh, and I got tired of every damn car being exactly the same so I grabbed two mods. Might lose the Bdubs as I believe that one only allows for them to be crafted.

Been here since the very start, and yet I don't think I've ever resorted to modding this particular game aside from experimenting once or twice with fixing the game's stutter issues (unsuccessfully too I might add). I do have hundreds of mods for several other games though. I guess I just never found enough interest in mods for this game. Doesn't help that each update probably breaks them and there's always the likely hood of modders not updating them.

I do remember making a few mod requests though... which probably never got made but at least the devs made them part of the game anyways... for the most part.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived