Request: item_modification item_property_overrides applies to all item properties

Example:

<item_property_overrides name="*">
<property name="Magazine_items" value="ammo9mmBulletBall,ammo9mmBulletHP,ammo9mmBu lletAP" />
<property name="CrosshairOnAim" value="false" />
</item_property_overrides>

One of these works (CrosshairOnAim) and one does not (Magazine_items) when applied to a gun. It would be nice to have the item_property_overrides work for all properties attached to an item.

I remember trying this before, and it seems an item mod cannot change the ammo type. Not sure why that is. Might have to try and move it into the Action0 area. Not sure if that applies from an item mod though.

Tried adding an Action0 property to the item mod, and it NRE'd till I added the Ranged class to it as well. Loaded fine after that, but using it had no effect on my pistol. So not sure if it's actually possible.

Example:

<item_property_overrides name="*">
<property name="Magazine_items" value="ammo9mmBulletBall,ammo9mmBulletHP,ammo9mmBu lletAP" />
<property name="CrosshairOnAim" value="false" />
</item_property_overrides>

One of these works (CrosshairOnAim) and one does not (Magazine_items) when applied to a gun. It would be nice to have the item_property_overrides work for all properties attached to an item.

you have a gap here = " ammo9mmBu lletAP" second line should be - "ammo9mmBulletAP"

I never seen this code tho but yeh the gap wont help lol

The gap is just a copy paste error in the post, code is fine.

It seems that there is a hard codes list of properties that can be modified. Looking at scopes in the game, they modify action1 props but do not specify anything special to do that. And some props not within any container are still not changeable.

Archived