Blocks variety

Tahaan

Is there a mod that provides more block shapes?

I'm looking for more variety particularly to build at angles, and also to make arches with radius other than just 1 block. These can be multiple blocks that needs to be used together. I also am looking for blocks that will provide smaller steps, basically a 20%, 40%, etc in stead of just having the half block and full block.

Use imgur for images.

blocks (for builds, for paint) - are not a usual 3d-model.

They consist of several planes that are processed separately. And they are processed according to their own rules - unlike how it is done in regular games.

So to create them, we need to know some things that we don't know. You can 't model them in the editor just by drawing a form.

If you dig into the resources of the game, you will find models of animals, tools, trees, table lamps, doors... and so on.

But not a single block that can be repainted in the game with a PaintTool(brush).

He's saying adding a new shape type that can be painted like vanilla blocks hasn't happened yet. As it stands, you'd have to add a version of each shape that's already textured for each material. So you'd have to craft the specific kind you want. As you could imagine, with how many paints there are in the game, that would be a lot.

Figuring out how to paint modded blocks is still not a reality just yet.

He's saying adding a new shape type that can be painted like vanilla blocks hasn't happened yet. As it stands, you'd have to add a version of each shape that's already textured for each material. So you'd have to craft the specific kind you want. As you could imagine, with how many paints there are in the game, that would be a lot.

Figuring out how to paint modded blocks is still not a reality just yet.

I see. That is both a surprise and a disappointment!

Archived