Help changing lockpick break chance.

Grinch843

Hi, I'am trying to reduce the chance of lock picks breaking with higher skill points. This is what I've got so far in my progression.xml, not sure if this is even the right node to change. I get no errors in the log but the changes do not take effect, so I'am not sure where the problem is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

<set xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name=perkLockPicking]/effect_group/passive_effect[@name=LockPickBreakChance][@value=.05,.25]/@value">.55,.75</set>

Thanks,

Ok, that got the overwrite to work but from what I can tell it's not affecting the lock pick break chance, at least according to the lock pick skill descriptions, it still only ranges from 5% to 25%. Should the description reflect the new changes or is it just static and will always show the same info?

The description won't be affected by an xml change. The descriptions are in the Localization.txt file. You are going to have to add a Localization file of your own to your mod, change the description keys and change the text in each description. You only really have to change the long descriptions:

perkLockPickingRank1LongDesc

perkLockPickingRank2LongDesc

perkLockPickingRank3LongDesc

perkLockPickingRank4LongDesc

perkLockPickingRank5LongDesc

Those are the ones that mention the percentages.

Archived