Couple of modding questions

Iceburg71

Not sure if this should go here or in discussions section. But here goes.

1. is it possible to "tint" a current block in the game. Say I wanted to change the color of the dart trap? is that possible with just an xpath commnd?

2. Is it possible to randomize a color? I see where color = " 100,140,225" (or similar) is an option for some things. Is it possible to randomize that?

3. Also, is it possible to randomize a number to include decmal points? like I would like a random number from .75 to 1.25. Possible?

Thanks for any feed back.

1. is it possible to "tint" a current block in the game. Say I wanted to change the color of the dart trap? is that possible with just an xpath commnd?
No, 3D model assets, textures, etc. cannot be tinted via modlets (xpath mods).

2. Is it possible to randomize a color? I see where color = " 100,140,225" (or similar) is an option for some things. Is it possible to randomize that?
Also, no.

3. Also, is it possible to randomize a number to include decmal points? like I would like a random number from .75 to 1.25. Possible?
Depends on use. When calculating buffs and other persistent effects, you can generate random numbers and these numbers can include decimal precision, IIRC.

Archived