Creating new zombie skins

EzzyRox

Hi everyone,

I would like to create new zombie skins so I can offer a PG rated game experience. I've searched through google, and these forums and have found the fabulous Christmas mod, but no instructions how to make the skin changes. Can someone could please direct me to a suitable tutorial?

Thank you so much,

Ezzy.

Step 1: Rip the current zombie textures from the game. Step 2: edit those textures in something like paint.net or other graphics app. Step 3, import those new textures into Unity 2019.1.x and create a new material for each set of textures (Albedo, normal, etc.) then export that material or groups of materials as a .unity3d bundle. Step 4: reference these new materials in xml like we did in the Winterproject. Feel free to reuse that xml. Enjoy!

Thank you, are you able to tell me where the zombie textures are? I couldn't figure it out with all my searching and haven't done any modding before, hence why I requested a tutorial because I'll need step by step instructions. I've clocked hundreds of hours on 7 days since Alpha 12 so am familiar with the game, just not the modding. I'll google Unity 2019 and Winterproject to try and understand the process there though any shortcuts are appreciated.

Archived