Mods in 7Days

Paxxis

Hey all! Ok, so I finally got a chance to get the game and play for a bit, and I am loving it so far. Like with all the games I play, however, at some point I start looking to see if there is any mod support, and what mods might be available. Surprisingly, there are a number of mods out there, some of which look incredibly interesting. So, here's my question(s)...

Someone suggested I install a second copy of the game if I wanted to play with mods. I don't have enough room for that, so I am wondering if I install and use mods for my SP/CM game, what happens when I want to join a friend's EAC-enabled server? I don't want to get banned for mods I use while on my own.

I have discovered there is a launcher in the game's main directory, and once opened, I see the option (toggleable via a check box) to run the game with or without the EAC, and it is a configuration which can be saved. However, if I go that route, what impact does it have when I try to (again) join my friend's EAC-enabled server?

Loving this game so far, and I will still play it whether I can use mods or not. But I would love to try out some of those mods, and see what I can do, so any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Mod launcher makes a copy of game. If you install vanilla with mod launcher and just use little modlets. You can easily remove then before joining friends game. Dont forget to add them back when you play your game or you might lose some stuff.

Archived