molotov glass sound

Umbrella

Hello,

I would like to remove the "broken glass sound" when a thrown molotov hits the ground.

In he xml, I tried to remove property Action0/Sound_start, or to add SoundTick, but the sound is still there.

Do you know how to change/remove it ?

Thank you !

Hi

I am not sure how to remove just the broken glass sound and keep the other sound. All the molotov sound files has the broken glass sound in it.

To completely remove the molotov sound, but I guess that is not the answer you seek.

<set xpath="/Sounds/SoundDataNode[@name=molotov_explosion]/MaxVoices/@value">0</set>

In my mod I just changed the molotov sound completely and forwarded it to my custom sound files to get rid of the glass shattering. I did it because some of my zombies use the explosion.particleindex "10" which is the molotov.

For example:

<set xpath="/Sounds/SoundDataNode[@name=molotov_explosion]/AudioClip/@ClipName">#@modfolder:Resources/explosions.unity3d?molotov_explode1</set>

<set xpath="/Sounds/SoundDataNode[@name=molotov_explosion]/AudioClip/@ClipName">#@modfolder:Resources/explosions.unity3d?molotov_explode2</set>

<set xpath="/Sounds/SoundDataNode[@name=molotov_explosion]/AudioClip/@ClipName">#@modfolder:Resources/explosions.unity3d?molotov_explode3</set>

Or if you do not want to use custom sounds, you could remove the original molotov_explode1, 2 and 3 with xpath and then set it to some other matching sounds within the game.

Thanks a lot Robeloto !

you could remove the original molotov_explode1, 2 and 3 with xpath and then set it to some other matching sounds

How does the game connects the molotov item with the SoudDataNode ? Is it through some hard-coded connection from the explosion.particleindex to the sound node, or is there a xml property somewhere ? I ask because I would like to change the sound of a custom molotov item, not the base one.

All the molotov sound files has the broken glass sound in it

Do you mean it exists in all "/molotov_exploden" (n=1,2,3) ? Removing molotov_explode1 is not enough ?

Thanks a lot Robeloto !

How does the game connects the molotov item with the SoudDataNode ? Is it through some hard-coded connection from the explosion.particleindex to the sound node, or is there a xml property somewhere ? I ask because I would like to change the sound of a custom molotov item, not the base one.

Do you mean it exists in all "/molotov_exploden" (n=1,2,3) ? Removing molotov_explode1 is not enough ?

Yes, I am sure the particleindex is hardcoded.

The glass sound is in molotov_explode1, 2 and 3.

The sound is indeed based on explosion.particleindex, so no easy way for me to keep the initial molotov unaltered. It seems that removing molotov_explode2 is enough.

I do not think you can keep the original file unaltered. If you remove only molotov_explode2, you still have 1 and 3 which has glass sound in it. Maybe you can set your custom molotov item to another explosion particleindex?

This is all the different particleindex. I was initially going to make a video or gifs with all the different Explosion.ParticleIndex. But atm, I only have a text telling what the different explosions do.

<property name="Explosion.ParticleIndex" value="0"/> = No explosion

<property name="Explosion.ParticleIndex" value="1"/> = Explosion

<property name="Explosion.ParticleIndex" value="2"/> = Several explosions

<property name="Explosion.ParticleIndex" value="3"/> = Explosion with black smoke

<property name="Explosion.ParticleIndex" value="4"/> = Rocket launcher explosion

<property name="Explosion.ParticleIndex" value="5"/> = Several noisy explosions with sparks and black smoke

<property name="Explosion.ParticleIndex" value="6"/> = Several explosions with black smoke

<property name="Explosion.ParticleIndex" value="7"/> = FatCop Puke vomit

<property name="Explosion.ParticleIndex" value="8"/> = FatCop Explosion

<property name="Explosion.ParticleIndex" value="9"/> = Molotov explosion with glass shatter

<property name="Explosion.ParticleIndex" value="10"/> = Molotov bottle explode with fire on ground

<property name="Explosion.ParticleIndex" value="11"/> = Explosions with sparks

<property name="Explosion.ParticleIndex" value="12"/> = AmmoPipeBomb - TimedCharge - Explosions with sparks

<property name="Explosion.ParticleIndex" value="13"/> = ContactGrenade - Dynamite - Several explosions

<property name="Explosion.ParticleIndex" value="14"/> = Burning Barrels explosion

<property name="Explosion.ParticleIndex" value="15"/> = Burning Barrels explosion, more barrels

<property name="Explosion.ParticleIndex" value="16"/> = Burning Barrels explosion, even more barrels

<property name="Explosion.ParticleIndex" value="17"/> = Burning Barrels explosion, even more barrels

<property name="Explosion.ParticleIndex" value="18"/> = Burning Barrels explosion, fast barrel explosions

<property name="Explosion.ParticleIndex" value="19"/> = Explosions with sparks - different?

<property name="Explosion.ParticleIndex" value="20"/> = Burning Barrels explosion, even more barrels

Archived