[REQUEST] Items quality degradation (Server Side)

Arthur_MP

Hi,

I would like to implement some kind of item quality degradation in my server. Each time that a tool is repaired, it should lose one quality level until it disappears when the quality level 1 is depleted. Is it possible with server-side xml modification?

Thank you so much!

I don't really know anything, this is just a wild guess: Since vanilla has never used item degradation I suspect there is no code that handles what happens if an item with filled mod slots loses one because quality goes down.

So probably some additional library code is neccessary. Hopefully someone can supply some real knowledge, would like to know as well.

So far, I know that is possible to directly let the items disappear if you didn't fix it before the hitpoints reach 0. With this property in items.xml

<property name="DegradationBreaksAfter" value="true"/>

At least, I will apply this if I can't get the other approach.

Thank you for your response, Meganoth!

• 2 weeks later...

Vanilla used to have item degradation back when the quality was 3 digits. This is a feature I seriously miss. There are just no item stakes anymore. Now once you get a high quality item, you never need to craft another one or work on the skills to craft one. (Hint - Put your points into lucky looter Level 5 - Not the ability to craft better things)

I miss the days when I used to have to decide "Hrm is damage to my level 540 pickaxe worth it just to bust down that door since I'm a long way from crafting 500 quality items? Is there a window I can go through?"

I also miss the days when the items durability bar was down 50% the item did less damage...

I'd be just fine with keeping the mod slots.. once you have 4 slots, always have 4 slots. but as the quality decreases so does the base damage that the mods multiply.

I made a mod for my server to randomize the modslots anyway. You might find a level 1 pickaxe with 6 slots, or a level 6 pickaxe with 1 slot or anything in between. more combos , more variety.

Archived