How to make zombies hear and see better? Already have JaxTeller718's mod installed.

Comp625

I have JaxTeller718's Increased Zombie Sight Against Players mod installed. However, grouped zombies that are further away (but still in range for ammo damage) still don't hear gunshots nor see survivors. This makes for melodramatic battles against large zombie hordes since only a few of them will approach you at one time (allowing you to pick them off 1 by 1).

I even modified the JaxTeller718's values and further bumped the enemy's hearing and sight ranges from 10,30 to 100,100. Does anyone have any suggestions that can improve upon this?

<JaxTeller718>

<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class/property[@name=AITarget-4' and @data='class=EntityPlayer,0,0,EntityNPC,0,0]/@data">class=EntityPlayer,100,100,EntityNPC,0,0</set>

</JaxTeller718>

FWIW, playing on "Survivalist" difficulty with daytime Zombies set to "Insane."

The default zombietemplate has max sight and sound range set to 30. Might be blocking those 100 values. FYi, 0 isnt zero on that default line, its the default value, which would be 30 in this case

The default zombietemplate has max sight and sound range set to 30. Might be blocking those 100 values. FYi, 0 isnt zero on that default line, its the default value, which would be 30 in this case

Is 30 the maximum that the game engine allows? Here is JaxTeller718's original code and mod description.

This 7 Days to Die mod allows zombies hear you better. Sets zombie sight range for entity players from 0 to 30 so zombies can see you further and from 0 to 10 so they hear a bit better.

<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<JaxTeller718>

<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class/property[@name=AITarget-4' and @data='class=EntityPlayer,0,0,EntityNPC,0,0]/@data">class=EntityPlayer,10,30,EntityNPC,0,0</set>

</JaxTeller718>

Not likely. Unless something changed in A18, we used to have mods when zeds saw at least 80 blocks out. I think whoever wrote that comment didnt read the games XML comments and is misleading you: <!-- class, hear distance, see dist (checked left to right, 0 dist uses entity default) --> ) means entity default, not zero.

Not likely. Unless something changed in A18, we used to have mods when zeds saw at least 80 blocks out. I think whoever wrote that comment didnt read the games XML comments and is misleading you: <!-- class, hear distance, see dist (checked left to right, 0 dist uses entity default) --> ) means entity default, not zero.

Thank you. Can you help me edit the XML script so that the distance is 80 or 100 blocks? What values below should I change? It's frustrating when there's a horde of 50 zombies and only 2 or 3 are charging toward you, while the rest remain blind and deaf!

<JaxTeller718>

<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class/property[@name=AITarget-4' and @data='class=EntityPlayer,0,0,EntityNPC,0,0]/@data">class=EntityPlayer,10,30,EntityNPC,0,0</set>

</JaxTeller718>

Ah, I think I understand you now! It sounds like JaxTeller718's modlet isn't truly increasing the zombie's sight and hearing range.

Should I instead increase the "SightRange" and decrease the Noise and Smell Thresholds in my server's entityclasses.xml file? Presumably, I'd have to do it for every zombie class and animal class.

<!-- ZOMBIES -->

<entity_class name="zombieTemplateMale">

<!-- Stealth -->

<property name="MaxViewAngle" value="180"/>

<property name="SightRange" value="30"/> <!-- distance in m -->

<property name="SightLightThreshold" value="-2,150"/> <!-- how well lit you have to be for the zombie to see you at min,max range -->

<property name="SleeperWakeupSightDetectionMin" value="-40,5"/> <!-- Indiv.Random. sight capability - "I see you" light value at point blank -->

<property name="SleeperWakeupSightDetectionMax" value="340,480"/> <!-- Indiv.Random. "I see you" light value at "SightRange" -->

<property name="SleeperSenseSightDetectionMin" value="-10,0"/> <!-- same for groaning, not waking -->

<property name="SleeperSenseSightDetectionMax" value="200,300"/>

<property name="SleeperNoiseSenseThreshold" value="3,8"/> <!-- Indiv.Random. hearing capability - "I hear something" noise value -->

<property name="SleeperNoiseWakeThreshold" value="9,12"/>

<property name="SleeperSmellSenseThreshold" value="20,50"/> <!-- Indiv.Random. smell capability - "I smell something" player smell value -->

<property name="SoundSleeperSenseChance" value=".5"/> <!-- the chance to play "SoundSleeperSense" when "SleeperSmellSenseThreshold" is triggered -->

<property name="SleeperSmellWakeThreshold" value="40,100"/>

<property name="NoiseAlertThreshold" value="30"/> <!-- DEPRECATED; an awake zombie triggers instantly if touched by the sound range/volume -->

<property name="SmellAlertThreshold" value="40"/> <!-- for awake zombies -->

Archived