A question regarding Progression.xml

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question regarding Progression.xml

A quick question for some of the more advanced modders on here.

Ive been poking around in the .xmls, as one wants to do, and ended up in the progression.xml file. I started wondering how the weapon perks are directed toward the specific class of weapon to apply the EntityDamage effect. In other words, how does the game know to apply perk name="Knife Guy" to the players over all blade weapon damage?

So for instance, if I wanted to make a new perk for Archery that is in line with knife guy, Pummel Pete, etc... what additional files would I need to look into?

I know everyone's time is finite, so I dont expect a tutorial or anything in reply and I really appreciate any help on this.

I think your best bet right now is to download a mod that has added new perks and see what they have done.

Comment

Weapons are associated to skills by their action skill entry.

Comment

Knife Guy and Pummel Pete do not strictly apply the +damage just to that weapon group. They are applied to all block damage. If you want it to just apply to a specific weapon then you would need to put the bonus stats in the weapons action skill. So put that +damage code under the archery skill.

Gaz if I'm mistaken please let me know my whole new skill tree is based off that belief.

Comment

Originally posted by Spider View Post
          Knife Guy and Pummel Pete do not strictly apply the +damage just to that weapon group.
          <perk name="Pummel Pete" .......
          <requirement perk_level="1" required_skill_name="Blunt Weapons" required_skill_level="1"/>

I think it does.

Comment

Thanks for the replies folks.

Originally posted by Gazz View Post
            <requirement perk_level="1" required_skill_name="Blunt Weapons" required_skill_level="1"/>

I think it does.
            I was under the presumption that the requirement tag doesnt direct the <effect name="EntityDamage"> toward a specific weapon set.

Say for instance, I added;

<requirement perk_level="1" required_skill_name="Blade Weapons" required_skill_level="10" />

to say, the Pummel Pete perk. Wouldnt this just make the requirement for obtaining that perk be having lvl 10 in blade weapons, or are you saying that now Pummel Pete's damage bonus would apply to blade weapons?

My original question was not which weapons are effected by the damage bonus of a specific perk, but rather, how to direct a specific perk to add a damage bonus to a weapon set such as Bows and XBows.

As I read the basic lay out of a perk...

Code:
            <perk name="Pummel Pete" icon="club" description_key="pummelPeteDesc" title_key="pummelPete" max_level="5" skill_point_cost_multiplier="0" skill_point_cost_per_level="10" group="weapons">
            [icon] being the image for the perk...
            [description_key] and [title_key] being for the localization file...
            [max_level] designates the max level of the perk...
            [skill_point_cost_multiplier] and [skill_point_cost_per_level] effecting skill point cost

and

[group] would be the one in question.

I originally thought that this effects where a perk is placed in the UI perk menu, its subgroup, but now Im not sure.

Am I close or am I way off on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Gazz View Post

I think it does.
              I could be wrong(often am) but I think it has a level requirement of one because that will put the Perk under the Blunt Weapon Skill in the Skill/Perk Screen. So that is purely for organizing the layout of the skill screen.

Comment

@Lorless-
                Heres what mine looks like
                Code:
                <action_skill name="Archery" icon="archery" description_key="Keeping your distance from danger is a smart strategy in the apocalypse.  The bow and crossbow are a good way stay safe while getting your zombie killing job done.  The more skill you have in archery, the more damage and dismemberment chance you have, plus you reload faster and shoot with less arch." title_key="archery" group="weapons" skill_point_cost_per_level="1000">
                		<effect name="EntityDamage">
                		<multiply skill_level="1,10" value="1,1.02" />
                		<multiply skill_level="10,20" value="1.02,1.04" />
                		<multiply skill_level="20,30" value="1.04,1.06" />
                		<multiply skill_level="30,40" value="1.06,1.08" />
                		<multiply skill_level="40,50" value="1.08,1.1" />
                		<multiply skill_level="50,60" value="1.1,1.12" />
                		<multiply skill_level="60,70" value="1.12,1.14" />
                                <multiply skill_level="70,80" value="1.14,1.16" />
                                <multiply skill_level="80,90" value="1.16,1.18" />
                                <multiply skill_level="90,100" value="1.18,1.2" />
                	 </effect>
                         <effect name="RangedFalloff">
                		<multiply skill_level="1,10" value="1,1.02" />
                		<multiply skill_level="10,20" value="1.02,1.04" />
                		<multiply skill_level="20,30" value="1.04,1.06" />
                		<multiply skill_level="30,40" value="1.06,1.08" />
                		<multiply skill_level="40,50" value="1.08,1.1" />
                		<multiply skill_level="50,60" value="1.1,1.12" />
                		<multiply skill_level="60,70" value="1.12,1.14" />
                                <multiply skill_level="70,80" value="1.14,1.16" />
                                <multiply skill_level="80,90" value="1.16,1.18" />
                                <multiply skill_level="90,100" value="1.18,1.2" />
                	</effect>
                        <effect name="ReloadSpeed">
                		<multiply skill_level="1,10" value="1,0.99" />
                		<multiply skill_level="10,20" value="0.99,0.98" />
                		<multiply skill_level="20,30" value="0.98,0.97" />
                		<multiply skill_level="30,40" value="0.97,0.96" />
                		<multiply skill_level="40,50" value="0.96,0.95" />
                		<multiply skill_level="50,60" value="0.95,0.94" />
                		<multiply skill_level="60,70" value="0.94,0.93" />
                                <multiply skill_level="70,80" value="0.93,0.92" />
                                <multiply skill_level="80,90" value="0.92,0.91" />
                                <multiply skill_level="90,100" value="0.91,0.9" />
                	</effect>
                     </action_skill>
                Last edited by Spider; 04-30-2017, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X