Need help with custom trading post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with custom trading post

I am making a custom trading post. I wanted it to have a booth for each of the game's traders, but the only block I can find that spawns a trader ALWAYS spawns Trader Joel. Does anyone know how to create a spawn for the other traders? Thanks

I think you have to change the meta value of the spawnTrader block....

Comment

Originally posted by Pille View Post
      I think you have to change the meta value of the spawnTrader block....
      Thanks for responding. I will try that and report back.

Comment

It worked! Here are what the values mean incase anyone else is trying something similar:

0 = Joel
        1 = Rekt
        2 = Hugh
        3 = Bob
        4 = Jimmy
        5 was Joel again. I didn't keep going after that.

Comment

Originally posted by dhlmaster View Post
          It worked! Here are what the values mean incase anyone else is trying something similar:

0 = Joel
          1 = Rekt
          2 = Hugh
          3 = Bob
          4 = Jimmy
          thx for the info dude

Comment

Originally posted by Magoli View Post
            thx for the info dude
            Not a problem. This is my first time doing anything other than xml edits, and I wouldn't have gotten anywhere without all of the helpful discussions I have found in the forums here (and the editors that others have taken the time to build and share). The least I can do is contribute what I am learning myself. By the way Magoli, CompoPack is a staple on my server. Good job to you and all of the contributors!

Comment

0 = Joel
              1 = Rekt
              2 = Hugh
              3 = Bob
              4 = Jimmy
              How do change the meta data or where ? ive looked into blocks.xml but the above makes no sense as theirs no where to change 0-5 please help

Comment

Originally posted by sparrow8332 View Post
                How do change the meta data or where ? ive looked into blocks.xml but the above makes no sense as theirs no where to change 0-5 please help
                I was using a prefab editor at the time. It presented the POI as a database / 3D grid. You could choose an individual block and change its metadata values in the editor.

Edit: I was using Pille's prefab editor. It can be found here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...Editor-(Alpha)
                Last edited by dhlmaster; 01-30-2020, 08:35 AM.

Comment

I was using a prefab editor at the time. It presented the POI as a database / 3D grid. You could choose an individual block and change its metadata values in the editor.

Edit: I was using Pille's prefab editor. It can be found here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...Editor-(Alpha)
                  your a life saver mate :-) ive got them all to show up now in playtest but a couple still vanish when RWG makes new world ..

Comment

0 = Joel
                    1 = Rekt
                    2 = Hugh
                    3 = Bob
                    4 = Jimmy
                    Your missing jen lol

Comment

Originally posted by stallionsden View Post
                      Your missing jen lol
                      That's because this post is from the alpha 16 days. Trader Jen wasn't a thing. She replaced one of the other traders.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by sparrow8332 View Post
                      your a life saver mate :-) ive got them all to show up now in playtest but a couple still vanish when RWG makes new world ..
                      I'm glad it worked for you. Hopefully you can figure out the issues with them disappearing in the game.

Comment

That's because this post is from the alpha 16 days. Trader Jen wasn't a thing. She replaced one of the other traders.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm glad it worked for you. Hopefully you can figure out the issues with them disappearing in the game.
                        Oh haha lol didnt notice the dates

Comment

Working...
                        X