No announcement yet.

Thumper System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that is awesome I was thinking about doing a longer vid trying it at low lvl and midgame lvl ca. Give the folks an impression of the difficulty lvl and when it's recommended to start.

Comment

That'd be kewl! In my mind, people would build some defenses to help them succeed. This is just the level 1 thumper. i'm going to make multiple tiers of them with wider ranges of difficulty and rewards... And ill be adding in some custom traps and stuff that will help with the zombies. The main thing is the player is required to get the final blow. So that kinda puts a hard stop on things like turrets and stuff. :/

But, either way, let me know how it goes! Interested to see how early it's easily doable at.

Comment

Only traps I think is suitable would be snare/slowdown and stun/electrocute. Won't kill but give some breathing room when getting overwhelmed. Possibly that they only last like a minute so you can't place beforehand. Have to throw them out when you think you might get overrun.
        And different tiers sounds great, could base it off the hordenight tiers.
        Just some thoughts

Comment

I'm working on some entity models at home. Sketching some ideas. Trying to get better at using blender lol. So everything I add to it shall be my own models. Even if they are crappy lol. For example the level 1 thumper will have the entity I'm working on now as the main spawns. The next tier will have harder enemies that do diff things and such... of course this is all if I can get things to work correctly lol. 😀

I was having trouble making the thumper smg a launcher so I could shoot lazers... so I had to put it to the side till I can figure it all out.

Comment

This is so damn cool. My buddy and I popped two at once and proceeded to level 5 times each lol

Comment

This is amazing! We use it on our server.

We found a little issue. When entering the guest, we do not get the Thumper Caller to start. So, what i did is instead of using the quest, i made it able to craft the Thumper Caller directly. When upgrading this block the mod is working fine.

Maybe any solution for this guest issue?

Comment

You get the thumper caller later on in the quest. You loot it off the lady you kill in phase 3 i believe.

Comment

looks very nice i will test it tonight

Comment

Telric, love this mod.

Only issue is the sound level. Is there any way to lower the sound by 75%
                    Changing values in the sounds.xml doesn't appear to have any effect.

Thanks much.

Comment

Sadly no.. i attached the sound to the actual model instead of going through xml, so it would need a change through unity.

Comment

Any chance this gets updated for A18?

Also this could be used like a "request Supply drop" kinda thing where you have to fend of the waves and get a supply crate as a reward.

besides that its very nice to give some more options for quests.

Comment

I might remake it into a POI with quest lines and such. I'll have to see bout it.

Comment

Originally posted by Telric View Post
                            I might remake it into a POI with quest lines...
                            Here is your POI:
                            https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/346

see also:
                            https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...TrainingManual

CLEO supply drops(State of Decay) or orbital supply drops(ARK: Extinction), here we come!

doItNow.jpg
                            Last edited by Cernwn; 01-27-2020, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Hey all. Just coming here to let you know a brand new version of the Thumper will be releasing this Friday. It's gone through a lot of changes and works similarly but very different than the first version. I'll be putting up a post Friday about it and will need some feedback on the balance and what not. It's a full modlet, so it will not require a new save or anything funky. Just a drag and drop...

But look forward to it. I think it works and plays much smoother than the first version from a16.

Comment

Working...
                              X