Thumper System

Telric

Hello! This is the first mod I'm sharing with the public since A17. I started it in A16, but was able to bring it to life with the new quest system in A17. This is not fully complete as I need to complete other mods in order to finish this one. But feel free to test it out!

WARNING: This is a mid to late game mod. Attempt at your own risk! I have not personally tested in a legit game, so balance may be an issue. Only way to fix that is get help testing it. :) I also recommend lowering your in game volume a bit as this mod is a bit on the loud side. :)

If you want to be fully surprised, just skip to the last line. It will have the download file.

What does this mod do: It adds a craftable quest. (Search for Thumper in recipes. Also, my items will all have [T] in the xml name, so searching for [T] in creative will show all my items.) The quest will have you travel to find the last location of Susan (name WIP). Susan was an engineer that developed a GPS device that could call alien ships down from the sky. She named the ships "Thumpers". These are extremely loud when they land and will get a lot of attention from the infected. You must defend the Thumper. If it is destroyed, the quest will be unable to be completed.

The zombies must be killed by your character. Traps can be used, but you must get the final blow. Each wave will spawn 25 zombies. You must kill 15 per wave, so there is room for error.

After you have cleared the zombie waves, you'll be instructed to upgrade a block. This block will appear where the Thumper was, after a certain amount of time. If you complete the quests before this timer, you're able to upgrade the Thumper into the block. The hit boxes can be reached on the legs of the Thumper. It will take a few hits.

Upgrading this final block is the end of the quest (for now). You may return to a trader to get additional rewards.

As of right now the rewards include a new ranged weapon, jump pads, and a new weapon modification. This will be expanded as I make new items.

Let me know what you guys think!

Here are some pics of it.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1588139431

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1588139442

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1588139449

Thumper Demo: (sorry for the abrupt cut off.. fraps is only 30 sec for the free version)

[video=youtube_share;J3XzM7orgd4]

Jump Pad Demo: (will be part of the thumper rewards)

[video=youtube;ruOZH-wgOnw]

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dhhjg7vy378ynwn/Telrics%20Thumper%20Mod.zip?dl=0

Thank you.

Is there any way to know what loot we'll get for completing the quest? in general? I don't know before downloading this if I'm in for gold, money, ammo, weapons, blocks, wood... etc. It'd be nice to know what I'm fighting for. Please and thank you.

As of right now you'll get a treasure chest if you defend the thumper for the entire duration if the zombies manage to break it, no chest. You'll also get a final part of the quest to return to a trader. You'll get the basic rewards. 1000 xp and some coins. The main reward is defending the thumper. It's still a wip. I'm going to add my own loot to the treasure chest eventually.

In unity yes. I'm working on adding some more stuff to this mod, so ill be sure to reduce the volume when i upload again.

Looking forward to it. Ive posted a quick video for people who wish to see it in action. I fail of course lol. This is one of my new favorite things ever. I hope you make other ones or expand upon it more. Looking forward to what you can cook up in that evil mind.

Thanks jax! :D yes i'm going to add in some new stuff and expand it. Probably looking at differnt levels of difficulty. Might see about adding custom enemies, maybe bosses that spawn on the final wave or something.. Yeah. lots of ideas going on. Will let you know when i update it!

Ive gotten some jump pads going on. probably use them as a reward for lower level thumps. They give a good boost to moving. Can scale high buildings and all.

Added a couple vids to demo the new stuffs :)

- - - Updated - - -

And yes.. sadly i've heard from a friend that macs give some issues. Unfortunately i'm not sure what to do about that since i have no mac. lol.. sorry.. :/

Well.. once i figure out how to do more modding, ill be making a prefab that has a special trader in it that sells it or gives it as a quest. Gotta work on it piece by piece :p

Also adding a new demo vid of the new weapon you can get and modifier.

- - - Updated - - -

Well apparently only 2 vids can be posted.. So.. here is the newest.

Thumper SMG and Electric Barrel mod:

[video=youtube_share;EJxL0_8LjR0]

That'd be kewl! In my mind, people would build some defenses to help them succeed. This is just the level 1 thumper. i'm going to make multiple tiers of them with wider ranges of difficulty and rewards... And ill be adding in some custom traps and stuff that will help with the zombies. The main thing is the player is required to get the final blow. So that kinda puts a hard stop on things like turrets and stuff. :/

But, either way, let me know how it goes! Interested to see how early it's easily doable at.

Only traps I think is suitable would be snare/slowdown and stun/electrocute. Won't kill but give some breathing room when getting overwhelmed. Possibly that they only last like a minute so you can't place beforehand. Have to throw them out when you think you might get overrun.

And different tiers sounds great, could base it off the hordenight tiers.

Just some thoughts :)

I'm working on some entity models at home. Sketching some ideas. Trying to get better at using blender lol. So everything I add to it shall be my own models. Even if they are crappy lol. For example the level 1 thumper will have the entity I'm working on now as the main spawns. The next tier will have harder enemies that do diff things and such... of course this is all if I can get things to work correctly lol. 😀

I was having trouble making the thumper smg a launcher so I could shoot lazers... so I had to put it to the side till I can figure it all out.

• 2 weeks later...

This is amazing! We use it on our server.

We found a little issue. When entering the guest, we do not get the Thumper Caller to start. So, what i did is instead of using the quest, i made it able to craft the Thumper Caller directly. When upgrading this block the mod is working fine.

Maybe any solution for this guest issue?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived