POI Light Enabler - Real Time

FastBurst

This does not need electric to function. Great tool for to light up areas you wish or Street Lights in real time.

What this does is allow you to Turn ON/OFF any POI lighting in game in real time without using the world editor.

Works on SP and MP and works on Dedicated Servers. I use it all the time to turn on POI Lights in my Dedicated server.

NOTE: If you decide to play on other peoples dedicated server, there is no guarantee you will not be banned. I personally have played on a few servers for a few hours with no issues. You must have EAC Disabled. Player uses at their own risk. Highly suggest only playing on your own dedicated server, or on SP.

HOW TO USE:

1. Just go up to ANY POI Lighting even POI Lights you place and Press E to Turn ON/OFF

20181220000112_1.thumb.jpg.757c0c867d9d368aabbb1f8fcfa1317d.jpg

2. Hold E to Enable Editing of the POI Lighting Source itself.

20181220000121_1.thumb.jpg.bfbbf7fc4d20e5d7ff4f889eaeecceed.jpg

20181220000137_1.thumb.jpg.6ad39fa62ac52cc4cb1042e19bbca8bd.jpg

Here is the updated Stand Alone Assembly-CSharp.dll that removes the _world.IsEditor() check so you can use the menu in the normal game mode:

Alpha 17 B231 Updated

Alpha 17 B238 Updated

Alpha 17 B240 Updated

Alpha 17 B240 SDX COMPATIBLE VERSION

A17 B240 Dedicated Server Version

A17 B240 Dedicated Server SDX Compatible Version

HOW TO INSTALL: Download and replace the original Assembly-CSharp.dll (be sure to create a backup of original first, just in case.)

Originally Created by P_E_T_E updated and maintained by myself (because I love it so much)

Edited by FastBurst (see edit history)

FYI NOTE: This does work on any server you join as well that has EAC disabled. Just an FYI.

NOTE: If you decide to play on other peoples dedicated server, there is no guarantee you will not be banned. I personally have played on a few servers for a few hours with no issues. You must have EAC Disabled. Player uses at their own risk. Highly suggest only playing on your own dedicated server, or on SP.

Edited by FastBurst (see edit history)

Search BlockLight

Look in the window for _world.iseditor () and change it to true

Did you modify it that way

if (true)

if (true)

if (true && this.updateLightState(_world, _cIdx, _blockPos, _blockValue, true, false))

this.cmds[0].enabled = (true || this.bRuntimeSwitch);

this.cmds[1].enabled = (true && flag);

Edited by 451443625 (see edit history)

However, P_E_T_E's mode.dll cannot be directly turned on/off any POI lighting in the game in real time without using the world editor, as stated by FastBurst. POI lights can only be created to realize this. The world's own lights cannot be turned on/off in real time

However, P_E_T_E's mode.dll cannot be directly turned on/off any POI lighting in the game in real time without using the world editor, as stated by FastBurst. POI lights can only be created to realize this. The world's own lights cannot be turned on/off in real time

I haven't had a chance to play around with P_E_T_E's mod.ll do you have link to it so I can see. There may be a way to hook into it. To make it function like the Assembly-CSharp.dll

- - - Updated - - -

that be awesome if we can do it without having to exchange assemblies

As far as SDX or No, if it is done correctly it won't need it. Think about example Alloc's Server Fixes or Bad Company. They all have DLL's that can fire off. So with that in mind in theory we should be able to do the same.

- - - Updated - - -

It's also crazy to see that it works on the dedicated servers the way it does. I actually wasn't expecting it to work like that if you didn't own the server or an admin of the server. I literally Joined a few Random Servers that had EAC off, even protected by Bots and was still able to walk around and turned lights on.

Kinda freaked out a player that saw me LOL

If you want to do the lights on dedicated only then an api mod can do it without the dll hack.

You just need to use world.setBlockRPC and change the meta1 value to 2 on any light blocks. it does require using a console command rather than the 'E' interface though

If you want to do the lights on dedicated only then an api mod can do it without the dll hack.

You just need to use world.setBlockRPC and change the meta1 value to 2 on any light blocks. it does require using a console command rather than the 'E' interface though

I have done that before in the past and it was very helpful. This was just a quick dirty hack to do it faster in certain areas with just walking up to them.

Also I posted on your forum about the issue I found @StompyNZ not sure if its the BC Mod or if its a TFP Issue.

Wow, this is pretty cool! Is it possible to make those lights pick uppable, or craftable?

You have to create a modlet for it. I have that way in the Mod I am working on already.

To pick up an item or block just simply add this to the block <property name="CanPickup" value="true"/>

To make it craftable just create a recipe for it.