Telrics Modlets

Telric

Here is a collection of some of my mods. For all my mods, if you simply type [T] into the crafting or creative search boxes, all of my items will show up. They all have a [T] tag for easy finding. :)

Feel free to visit my youtube channel to see all my vids (since you can only post a certain amount on forums.)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD5z75Bv5Q-ayWqeazshY9g?view_as=subscriber

Telrics Archaeology:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ey5ebmy3dhsku9q/Telric%20Archaeology.zip?dl=0

[video=youtube;WEgx-EF5OdE]

This modlet adds fossils to harvests of underground stone. Also adds a rare drop from mining stone as well that will lead the player on an Archaeological survey of the land to find extremely valuable fossils. Find valuable fossils while mining!
Traders can carry a quest item (purchasable) that rewards you for completing a quest to obtain some fossils. 
Quest localization is not included, however once the quest is accepted, you can open your log and read the quest text there. All quests can be completed by talking to any trader after completing all objectives (example: finding the Pristine Fossil).
Adds fossils as a harvest from underground stone.
Adds a quest item to all traders.
Adds a Pristine Fossil quest and item from underground stone. Can be completed for a lot of exp and coins. (way more than other quests to balance the rarity.)

Telrics Decorations:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a90inl25zwvftdf/Telrics%20Decorations.zip?dl=0

Videos:

This mod will have my decoration models in it. I will update this when I add more.
-Adds a Modern Windmill.
-Adds a Medieval style Lamp post.
-Adds a Medieval Windmill. Generates less power than a solar bank, but is much cheaper to make. Also has a variant with no extra house connected.
-Adds a Medieval Well. Used to get water from.
-Adds a Food Cart. Acts as a food vendor. Can carry all kinds of foods.

Telrics Thumper System:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?99228-Thumper-System&highlight=thumper

Added a new model! A windmill. Generates less power than a solar panel, but is cheaper to make. Let me know what you think!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26872[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26873[/ATTACH]

Love this. Any chance there could be a version with just the windmill without the structure next to it?

Love the houseless windmill!

Can a more modern looking version of it be added?

Also, why is coal added to it? If its wind powered it shouldn't need fuel, right? Does the coal "burn" or is that just a requirement of the coding? I love primitive power ideas like this!

Well the windmill uses solar panel code, which can't run without something in its inventory. So i just chose coal cuz you normally have that on hand... And what kind of modern version? Like one of those giant white ones?

The coal just replaces the required solar cells that the solar panel uses.

Why not use a chunk of raw iron ore?

I figure that a case could be made for that as the turning blades cause a changing magnetic field that induces a current in the raw iron ore that is then sent out via wires to whatever. That makes a little more logical sense than coal and raw iron ore is easily gotten by breaking up boulders.

If that is too much you could even use some scrap iron instead which is even easier to come by and I usually have over a thousand of it within a couple of days of the start of the game.

I can change it to whatever I want. Could even create a new item called wind and make it tractable. The thing is it requires something in those slots. I just chose coal as a first item lol. I'm down to change it to whatever. I might tinker with making a wind object or something. Who knows. Lol

The contents don't really matter since its just to accommodate the system in place... since its converting wind to power, maybe electrical parts make the most sense? (a battery would be good as well, but early game car batteries or harder to acquire than electrical parts.

By modern, I was thinking maybe a old farmer's windmill, not a high tech modern version. keep the rustic scrap metal type of look (like something cobbled up after reading up on the subject) but more modern build looking than medieval. Say something from the last century?

The older ones in this link is what we see in rural america around here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=farmer+windmill&num=20&rlz=1C2CHZL_enUS814US814&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiM_5fS3NnfAhVRL6wKHatxDG0Q_AUIDigB&biw=1920&bih=978

The recipe could require a lot of pipe instead of cobblestone.

Yeah i could probably pull that off somehow. And yeah, the idea for the windmill was a cheap early game version of power. Ill check out a more modern windmill for sure. :) Wonder if some of the c# modders could link a windmill to the actual wind in game.. Who knows. Ill have to ask them. lol.

Yeah i could probably pull that off somehow. And yeah, the idea for the windmill was a cheap early game version of power. Ill check out a more modern windmill for sure. :) Wonder if some of the c# modders could link a windmill to the actual wind in game.. Who knows. Ill have to ask them. lol.

I was kind of curious about that as well. If wind has a direction, the top of the windmill might even rotate to follow it, but thats far beyond my understanding of modding.

Hey all! Just updated my Archaeology mod. Now instead of having a low finite amount of spawns of fossils, they are set to be harvest and drop events from underground stone. Fossils are valuable to sell to traders and there is a small chance for you to find an Odd Looking Bone. This will start an actual Archaeological Survey quest. Leading you to survey the land to find very rare and valuable fossils.

This should not require a new game to start since it just adds to stone blocks. My first iteration did require a restart. So this is better i think.

Let me konw what you think! And let me know about the balancing. I did some testing and got a decent ratio for how many stone blocks there are in the world...

Also... If you dont actually use the mod, DO THE Odd Looking Bone QUEST! I think it turned out pretty well. :)

Archived