Tool XP Blessing Mod [XP Gains: Mining, Harvesting, Building]

Devrix

Tool-XPmod-header.png

toolxpmod-recipe-all.jpg

Tool-XPmod-description-All.png

Tool-XPmod-installation.png

This mod/modlet uses the new Alpha 17 XPath modding system, ensuring an easy and harmless installation:

1. Download: Devrix_ToolXP.zip
  2. Unzip "Devrix_ToolXP.zip" directly to your 7 Days to Die "Mods" folder (create if necessary)

• (e.g. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods")
    • Verify folder structure: "\7 Days To Die\Mods\Devrix_ToolXP"

[*]Open the new mod folder: "Devrix_ToolXP" (directory above)

[*]Run "RUN ME - Localization.bat" (automates required Localization changes)

[*]YOU'RE ALL SET! :rapture:

Manually Edit Localization (NOT Recommended)

**ONLY perform these steps if you insist on NOT running the "RUN ME - Localization.bat" (step #4 above) for whatever sadistic reason(s) some of you may have!

1. Open/edit the "Localization" file there and copy all text (CTRL+A then CTRL+C)

1. Navigate to the main game directory and locate the "Localization" file here:
    • ("\7 Days To Die\Data\Config\Localization.txt")

[*]​Open/edit the "Localization" file here, then scroll to the very bottom until there's no more text

[*]Click the very bottom of the file, below the last line of text, ensuring a new (text-free) line

[*]Paste (CTRL+V) the previously copied text (see steps #3 and #4, if needed)

[*]Save the Localization file changes (CTRL+S) and YOU'RE ALL SET!

**NOTE: As mentioned by other modders, the lengthy extra steps of having to copy/paste the "Localization.txt" text is required due to the current lack of built-in support to automate this process, as XPath already does with other file changes. Let's be thankful for what we do have atm though!

Tool-XPmod-disclaimer.png

Special care has been taken to ensure maximum compatibility with other mods. Nothing is removed or negatively altered from the game, only added. This should limit, or eliminate, any issues.

Under the circumstance that bears stop ♥♥♥♥ting in the woods or unicorns cease to exist, I will not be held responsible for any issues you may experience while using this mod/modlet. Whether it be direct/indirect result or user error, you use this and any other mods at your own risk.

- Thanks @Russiandood for the sexy Localization script, saving eons of arduous repetition and playing a crucial part in the preservation of zombie unicorns! :p

Very good!But the picture is small and it is not clear

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, this may be a problem for my network because I am from China.

Hi, what picture are you having trouble viewing?

Hey, this looks great! I added this to my new SP world. I'll let you know when I run across the mods. Quite excited to run into one of these :D

Oh, and I made you a batch file you can include in your download if you'd like. I use the same method for all of my modlets and I thought I would share :). I did get the idea from another user and credit to him is given on my Modlet post :)

[ATTACH]26964[/ATTACH]

Unzip and run inside your mod folder. If you aren't in the right place or have missing files, it will tell you :)

localization.zip

Hey, this looks great! I added this to my new SP world. I'll let you know when I run across the mods. Quite excited to run into one of these :D

Oh, and I made you a batch file you can include in your download if you'd like. I use the same method for all of my modlets and I thought I would share :)

Awesome, glad you're excited to use it! Just started my SP playthrough last night and was pumped to craft my first Common Tool Blessing (the materials and difficulty to craft it felt just right). Got lucky and found an Epic Schematic two days later while scavenging.

Thanks a ton for the sexy batch script... I'd seen fellow modders using it, but was uncertain of anti-virus false warnings/non-windows os, etc.

Regardless, it works great and saves eooooons of time so it'd be silly for people not to use it until native localization change support is implemented.

Epic-Tool-Blessing-in-Gun-Safe.jpg.1be18bb9476c7a5664aa38fc68c1ec9c.jpg

Awesome, glad you're excited to use it! Just started my SP playthrough last night and was pumped to craft my first Common Tool Blessing (the materials and difficulty to craft it felt just right). Got lucky and found an Epic Schematic two days later while scavenging.

Thanks a ton for the sexy batch script... I'd seen fellow modders using it, but was uncertain of anti-virus false warnings/non-windows os, etc.

Regardless, it works great and saves eooooons of time so it'd be silly for people not to use it until native localization change support is implemented.

Nice one! It's always freaking awesome to see your mod in the game itself. It's what motivates me to make more!

I'm glad you like it :) And thanks for the mentions :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

I would really like to use this mod on my dedicated Server, so I installed the mod there in the same folder as my other mods are. I cannot run the bat.exe so I used the way about copy and paste as written in the spoiler.

Now I can see the items in my backpack when they are built, but if I wear a axe I have nothing in my hand and cannot use it?

Actually I have no clue what the problem is, can you help me please?

Edit:

Found the solution! Have to modifiy the crafting stuff! Now it works perfektly great!!!

Hi there!

I would really like to use this mod on my dedicated Server, so I installed the mod there in the same folder as my other mods are. I cannot run the bat.exe so I used the way about copy and paste as written in the spoiler.

Now I can see the items in my backpack when they are built, but if I wear a axe I have nothing in my hand and cannot use it?

Actually I have no clue what the problem is, can you help me please?

Edit:

Found the solution! Have to modifiy the crafting stuff! Now it works perfektly great!!!

Happy to hear it's working out for you... enjoy!

Archived