Construction Tower

three08

Can dig can place floors and walls as it goes!

• Rig must be placed in the inside corner of the tracks.
  • Dig depth can be adjusted with + and - on the numpad, hold shift to go up or down 10 at a time. Can dig all the way to bed rock.
  • Fuel must be in the 3rd, 4th or 5th last slots of the container. Fuel item and cost can be adjusted in xml.
  • It can place floors and walls as it goes. This can be disabled in xml.
  • To place block put a stack of the blocks you want to place in the last slot for floors and the 2nd last for walls.
  • It will take the blocks from other slots first if you have more than 1 stack but there must be atleast 1 block in that last slot or it will stop placing the block but continue digging.
  • Dig delay and place delay can be changed in xml
  • To open the loot container while the rig is shutdow hold shift while activating.
  • To shutdown the rig hold shift while activating.
  • If debug is on placement and break rules will be ignored.

Known issues:
  • If you change the models rotation it will not follow the correct path. I'll do an patch for that as soon as its sorted.
  • If you set the delays too low in xml blocks will not be placed sometimes. I'll hard code the min values once I have them worked out.
  • It can only do basic shapes, but you can get it to do some corners if you get creative.

Download Link

Demo:

[video=youtube_share;ja8zEHjo-jQ]

Hi :) This looks great but what 'tracks' do i use? I tried different Blocks but none work. I can't place it anywhere atm. I searched the C-menu but no tracks there either. In your video you already have the tracks placed which you btw can pickup later.

Some other questions... i am building a wall but it is not in a straight line (diamond shape because the landscape gave me no other option), does it work on that aswell or just in a straight line and do i have to build the tracks all the way before i can start with the Construction Tower meaning building the whole wall with one Block / Track ?

I want to build a double wall how would i go about it or is it not possible (would i have to build another track for the second wall)?

greets cheeky2

Hi :) This looks great but what 'tracks' do i use? I tried different Blocks but none work. I can't place it anywhere atm. I searched the C-menu but no tracks there either. In your video you already have the tracks placed which you btw can pickup later.

Some other questions... i am building a wall but it is not in a straight line (diamond shape because the landscape gave me no other option), does it work on that aswell or just in a straight line and do i have to build the tracks all the way before i can start with the Construction Tower meaning building the whole wall with one Block / Track ?

I want to build a double wall how would i go about it or is it not possible (would i have to build another track for the second wall)?

greets cheeky2

Use the block called "RigBase" for the track. It cant turn corners so you would need to relocate it when it gets to the end. You can start it without it being finished but it will just keep going if it doesn't hit the tracks so I don't recommend it. If by double wall you mean 2 blocks wide, you just put the tracks down with a 2 block gap in between.

Can it place ladders?

I haven't tried ladders but it will be able to place them. The issue will be their rotation as there's no way to adjust it.

Use the block called "RigBase" for the track. It cant turn corners so you would need to relocate it when it gets to the end. You can start it without it being finished but it will just keep going if it doesn't hit the tracks so I don't recommend it. If by double wall you mean 2 blocks wide, you just put the tracks down with a 2 block gap in between.

I haven't tried ladders but it will be able to place them. The issue will be their rotation as there's no way to adjust it.

how to install the mod i tried extracting it in my 7 days to die mods folder and is not working help please

• 9 months later...
is this going to be updatet for a18 if not can some one else do it i realy need this in a18.

and if ur making it for a18 can u see why the game crashes evri time when i put tthe rig to dig out a house

I've just done a quick test of this on A18 using the version from this thread and it seems to work fine without any changes, you'll need to use DMT Modding Tool instead of SDX. I dont think I ever tried to knock down a house with it but I'll take a look when I get a chance.

• 5 months later...
Tested and works in 18.4 multiplayer. three08, I've fixed the files to make the icon display properly and added recipes for both items as well as made the tower drop on destroy since the pickup option doesnt seem to be working. If you are not opposed I will share those files.

From three08's profile:

Last Activity: 11-03-2019, 03:58 PM

It may take a while until he responds.

• 1 month later...

Archived