Wandering Traders DMT Mod

xyth

Wandering Traders DMT Mod

Traders.jpg.53186aaceb8087094567e2da7d97b56e.jpg

Demo YouTube Video:

Description

A mod that introduces wandering traders into the game.

This mod adds 4 new traders to the game. Unlike vanilla traders, they spawn outside of trading posts, and wander the game world. The will attack all enemies (Zombies and dangerous animals), and will attack the player if they are damaged by the player. Unlike normal traders, they can be killed and will drop a specific loot container. Unless actively alerted and approaching a target, they will stop when the player comes into range, put away their weapon and invite you to trade or do tasks. Each trader has a different inventory, configurable in XML. As setup now, one sells mostly weapons and ammo, the next sells science stuff and meds, another food, and the last sells general items.

Each has a ranged weapon with xml configurable properties. These may need adjusting, but are set at various ranges and are pretty accurate. Change the ammo speed and/or the SpreadDegrees settings in xml to adjust. Some randomly shoot more than 1 projectile per shot, which is also adjustable.

Spawning is handled by adding all 4 as a rare spawn to any "friendlyanimal" spawn group. Depending on your preferences, make them more or less rare, change where they spawn, and let me know what works well.

Installing

This mod is retired and replaced by the creaturepacks modlets

Change Log

Version 1.8 : Folder rename for compatibility, patched insta-kill from zombie inflicted bleeding

Version 1.7 : Converted to faction based targeting, improved aim

Version 1.6 : Added ModInfo.xml to work around DMT bug

Version 1.55 : Dedi animation fix

Version 1.52 : Bleeding fix

Version 1.5 : A18 version

Version 1.34 : Removed zed buffs from weapons

Version 1.33 : Added Food trader to spawn

Version 1.31 : Added dependency for Patch_Entity to fix a bug

Version 1.3 : Animation polishing pass.

Version 1.20 : Added food traderVersion 1.10 : Stable Release. Added BP Tags to hopefully remove trap errors. 7D2DLauncher test version added.

Version 1.03 : Fixed an incorrect dependency.

Version 1.02 : Added AITasks and Targets for Bandits

Version 1.01 : Added those 3 mods as dependencies in mods.xml so you can't build without those enabled.

Version 1.00 : Initial release

Known Issues

The traders ability to hit non-player entities at a distance was impacted by A18 projectile collision changes. SphereII and I will look into fixing this in a future release.

The left hand position of the Heavy Trader is off on most animations. It doesn't look too bad, and I might clean that up eventually. That's a consequence of saving time by reusing animations tuned to the weapons trader. As Guppy often says...good enough.

Some minor sliding in and out of animations might still remain, especially when doing the kneeling to fire sequence. That's a tricky combination of animations but should be good enough. I plan one more tuning pass on final release.

Credits

First, to SphereII for putting up with my annoying him to create the wandering trader class. I hope this is the first of many custom entity classes.

And a shout out to Mumpfy who edited the base meshes and retextured these 3 new entities. Chaos also made one of the backpacks, but I'm not sure which. Thanks guys!!!

Looking fantastic! Installing now. Just a quick question, what folders go into the C:/7 Days To Die/Mods folder? Or do they all go into the SDX mods folder?

There is a video on how to load and use SDX to compile and install mods. You don't have to manually drag files and folders into the games mod folder like you do with modlets.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?97663-SDX-0-7-3-Alpha-17&p=916946&viewfull=1#post916946

If placed on a dedicated server will clients need to download?

Yes. In SDX, go into the setting tab and specify the path to your dedi server game install directory, then it will build both the client and the server for you.

SDX-SettingsTab.jpg.fd33cf9da6659620196cb7c7b9cb5359.jpg

I found the weapons trader; he tried to break a door down to a cabin to get at some zeds. It was fascinating to watch. In my impatience, I ended up breaking the wood next to the door and he just stalked in lol. Strangly, the sleeping zeds only awoke when I fired at them and were not disturbed by his presence among them.

Just to let you know, he mostly favored melee, but did ocasionally fire at them.

I found the weapons trader; he tried to break a door down to a cabin to get at some zeds. It was fascinating to watch. In my impatience, I ended up breaking the wood next to the door and he just stalked in lol. Strangly, the sleeping zeds only awoke when I fired at them and were not disturbed by his presence among them.

Just to let you know, he mostly favored melee, but did ocasionally fire at them.

That is fun to watch. At this point we have little control over the AI, so they will relentlessly close the distance into melee range. Perhaps the range property can be adjusted. On the sleeper issue, perhaps I need to add some sound to the traders if they are not detected by sleepers on sight?

That is fun to watch. At this point we have little control over the AI, so they will relentlessly close the distance into melee range. Perhaps the range property can be adjusted. On the sleeper issue, perhaps I need to add some sound to the traders if they are not detected by sleepers on sight?

That sounds like a good idea. I think it would be awesome to walk into an area and hear a commotion coming from one of the houses as these guys lay down some pain. Might be good for role play too, in that you could say, this is how they acquire their wares. Nomadic trader/warrior types who live on the road and their wits.

Some, might consider this behavior intrusive to their game play, because these guys may break things in POI's, including loot boxes. I'd like it and welcome it. Some might not. Ultimately, it depends on what you want to achieve in the end.

I have buffed the health of these guys considerably. Up to 1000, and 1200. I don't want to kill them because they add to the immersion and it feels good to know I have someone in the world who is not trying to eat me. Can you give them a slight regen buff? Might serve to keep them around longer. And can you make their inventories change daily? Or maybe that's a silly question because these guys might despawn every day?

Anyways, best of luck to you. I'll be watching this mod with great interest. It is exactly what I have wanted for a long time.

That sounds like a good idea. I think it would be awesome to walk into an area and hear a commotion coming from one of the houses as these guys lay down some pain. Might be good for role play too, in that you could say, this is how they acquire their wares. Nomadic trader/warrior types who live on the road and their wits.

Some, might consider this behavior intrusive to their game play, because these guys may break things in POI's, including loot boxes. I'd like it and welcome it. Some might not. Ultimately, it depends on what you want to achieve in the end.

I have buffed the health of these guys considerably. Up to 1000, and 1200. I don't want to kill them because they add to the immersion and it feels good to know I have someone in the world who is not trying to eat me. Can you give them a slight regen buff? Might serve to keep them around longer. And can you make their inventories change daily? Or maybe that's a silly question because these guys might despawn every day?

Anyways, best of luck to you. I'll be watching this mod with great interest. It is exactly what I have wanted for a long time.

Glad you having fun with it. Since I don't have a mod of my own, I try to configure these new feature mods generically and let folks change them as they prefer. There are several ways to make the traders more resilient You can bump up the hitpoints like you did. Another way is to give them more healing over time and more armor by increasing the values on these two properties under base effects: <passive_effect name="HealthChangeOT" operation="base_set" value="1.1"/> <passive_effect name="PhysicalDamageResist" operation="base_set" value="20" />

You could also add a healing buff like the radiated zombies have. Lots of ways to do what you want.

Inventories refresh in set for 3 days but you can change that in xml easily. Edit the trader.xml and change the reset interval to a smaller number.

I just finished up the companion mod to this one, Bandits, and these two groups will battle it out when they encounter each other. Bandits are weaker than traders so unless a trader comes onto a group it should be ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Do we need newer/different versions of the sdx dependent files for your mod?

And when updating, do I need to delete anything in the mods folder that has been compiled or when I compile with the new folder in the SDX/mods location be enough?

I'm not sure exactly what your asking. SDX will remove changed versions of mods and replace them with the newer versions, but will not remove other mods in that folder.

Thanks! Sorry if I was being confusing. But you got what I meant. ;) REALLY looking forward to the bandits!

So, I just tried to compile after adding and tweakin some other mods. SDX is popping up with a warning saying I need SphereII Entity Classes installed and enabled. But I can't find that mod in any of the zips that are linked on the first page. And a google search is coming up empty.

Error.thumb.jpg.51dcfaebaf650434d2502c0ee8649d25.jpg

I'm pretty sure, that the third dependency in the mod.xml file is suppose to be SphereII Wandering Traders, not, SphereII Entity Classes. But I don't want to change anything and mess something up.

Your correct. He renamed that mod and I had a prototype version. It's the same thing, just different name. Its fixed now in version 1.03.

Thanks for helping debug this.

Archived