🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)

Devrix

sorcery-a21-header-bkgd-clr.png

sorcery-v1-arcane-trader.jpg

sorc-v13-trees-blocks-chests.jpg

sorcery-a20-public.jpg

FEATURES

Play 7 Days to Die as a balanced post apocalyptic zombie vanquishing Sorcerer. Through training and discovery, you'll learn how to deport the undead straight back to hell by casting elemental spells of Fire, Ice and Lightning.
• Vanilla game 100% untouched, add-only policy!
• Balanced around vanilla gameplay, you must train to gain and sustain your power!
• Unique animations, art, effects and sounds for spells and items
New Spells: Craft, Master and Upgrade 5 Spells per element!
New Enemies: Touched, Fallen (Champion), Awakened (Boss), Ancient (Raid)
New Attributes: Sorcery, Fire, Ice, Lightning
New Resource: Spirit (mana required to perform all Sorcery)
New Dual Skill Tree and Perks: Arcane, Fire, Ice, Lightning
New Crafting: Armor, Weapons, Mods, Spells, Potions, Scrolls, Stations, Blocks, Resources
New Armor Sets: Arcane, Fire, Ice, Lightning
New Masteries: Alchemy, Runesmithing, Spirit, Essence, Arcane, Fire, Ice, Lightning
Play-style: Sorcerer (Spellcaster)
Play-style: Alchemist (Potions, Bombs)
Play-style: Archer Mage (Spell Arrows) 
Play-style: Gun Mage (Spell Ammo)
Play-style: Melee Mage (Spell Weapons)
Weapon Abilities: Primary, Secondary, Passive and Charge abilities
Rune Mods: Harness the power of Runes to augment your weapons, armor and gear!
Alchemy: Craft Potions, Elixirs and Bombs
Sexy Loot: Item Sets, Armor, Weapons, Mods, Spells, Potions, Scrolls and more!

sorcery-custom-ui.png

sorcery-a21-familars.png

sorcery-v194-public-cover.jpg

SORCERY A21.2+ STABLE (v1.94)

Sorcery A21.2 is public LIVE and STABLE! In addition to ensuring full stable compatibility with A21.2, many extras were added alongside a list of optimizations, balances and tweaks:

• Event: Holiday Spirit - Santa Hats and Presents!
  • Major Feature: Gambling - Spend Soul Currency for amazing Sorcery Loot!
  • Major Feature: Elemental Keys - Sorcery POIs have a chance to contain an Elemental Key in their loot room! These Keys can open Secret Doors and Boss Chambers, throughout mid-high Tier POIs, leading to great treasure!
  • Added: Key Pedestal Blocks for each Element - Punch to collect a Key!
  • Added: Soul Gates - Impenetrable door requiring a "Soul" to unlock.
  • Added: Soul Caches - Sacrifice a "Soul" to gamble great loot!
  • Added: Secret Passages throughout all Sorc POIs - Use a matching Elemental Key to gain access!
  • (Passages contain Soul Caches, Soul Gates, Champion/Boss encounters among other secrets.)
  • Added: Enemy - Revived Skeletons (Fire, Ice, Lightning, Unholy)
  • Added: Enemy - Unholy Fallen, Leader of the Fallen (Caster Summoner, heavy Life Leech).
  • Added: POI - Lightning Cenote (T2)
  • Added: Randomized Dungeon Components - Each Sorcery POI experience will be unique!
  • Added: Ritual Circles - Found within Soul Passages, player must stand within to perform Rituals.
  • Added: Rune Fragments - Craft Runes using unwanted Runes.
  • Added: Omni & Unholy Crystal Clusters.
  • Added: Shadow Bolt - Unholy Fallen projectile, inflicts Corruption and Life Leech.
  • Added: Dark Touched - Entities can become Unholy Touched (leeching and Corruption).
  • Added: Player Dark Touched - Strong buff with a Curse.
  • Added: Runes (Common, Weapons) - Enchant Fire, Ice, Lightning, Unholy - Add Base Elemental Damage + XP.
  • Added: Scroll (Rare) - Holy Growth, Instantly grow all nearby. 
  • Added: Scroll (Legendary) - Nighttime, Manipulate time to night. 
  • Added: Scroll (Legendary) - Daytime, Manipulate time to day. 
  • Added: Scroll (Legendary) - Bloodmoon Ritual, Invoke Hoard Night. 
  • Added: Scroll (Legendary) - Dark Ritual, Summon a Fallen Champion. 
  • Added: Unholy Ritual Tome - Summon: Champion.
  • Added: Shrine (Rare) - Champion, Fallen, Wealth, Mystery Shrines.
  • Balanced: Enchanting Station craftable at Sorcery Level 20 Initiate (down from 40 Novice).
  • Balanced: Even more RWG Sorc POIs and further incentivized. 
  • Balanced: Kill Fallen Quests less guaranteed reward(s). Do POIs!
  • Balanced: T4 Quests adjusted. POIs incentivized.
  • Balanced: Fallen ranged attack delay increased.
  • Balanced: Fallen were double-dipping damage from "Touched" status of their own Element.
  • Changed: Worship Site POI improved.
  • Changed: Faster scrap times for nearly all sorcery items.
  • ALL Additions, Changes & Fixes: You can follow this, and all #changelogs, within: Discord #Changelog

sorcery-ui-v2.png

YOU AGREE TO THE FULL TERMS OF USE AND DISCLAIMER HEREIN BY DOWNLOADING AND USING THE SORCERY MOD:

DOWNLOAD SORCERY

1. IMPORTANT: You must disable Antivirus Software!
  2. DOWNLOAD: SorceryMod-Setup_Public.zip (latest version)
    1. Alternative Manual Download Link: 
      Spoiler

The following link is a direct download with no up-to-date instructions. Using the primary Download Link is recommended (http://download.sorcerymod.com), as it sends you to the Sorcery Discord Download Channel with the most update instructions, changelog and information.

Manual Download, No Instructions:

http://public.sorcerymod.com

Recommended Discord Download, Full Instructions & Changelog:

http://download.sorcerymod.com

ℹ️Link takes you to the Sorcery Discord Channel #download-public with elaborate instructions and up-to-date info.

3. EXTRACT: Right-Click "SorceryMod_A21-Setup_Public.zip" (Extract All | Unzip)
  4. RUN SETUP: Open "SorceryMod-Setup.exe" (Allow Admin permissions)
  5. INSTALL: When finished, you can launch "Sorcery Mod" directly from your Desktop!

NEED HELP?

Full Instructions, Troubleshooting and Help can be found within the Sorcery Mod Discord: http://discord.sorcerymod.com

sorcery-discord-logo.png

CREDIT

TFP for creating and improving this ridiculously awesome game, while also providing the ability to making this type of modding available. Patreon Supporters for making the ongoing development of Sorcery possible!

sorcery-portals-v099.png

Edited by Devrix
🧙Sorcery A21 Stable is LIVE for A21.2 (see edit history)

YOU AGREE TO THE FULL TERMS OF USE AND DISCLAIMER HEREIN BY DOWNLOADING AND USING THE SORCERY MOD.

TERMS OF USE

NOTICE:  All digital assets and ideas contained herein, and made possible by the "Sorcery Mod", is the sole digital proprietary property of mod Author Devrix. Ownership and equal rights are hereby, irrefutably and solely, extended and granted to The Fun Pimps legal entity in good faith. 

USAGE:  The Sorcery Mod may be downloaded and used by players of the 7 Days to Die community, with no required royalties. Other than the XML Code itself, digital assets and works of the Sorcery Mod may not be used outside of the Sorcery Mod. By downloading and using the Sorcery Mod, users of the mod understand and accept full and sole responsibility and liability of using the mod. Author, nor The Fun Pimps, shall be held responsible or liable for any possible conflict(s) as a direct or indirect result of using this mod.

REDISTRIBUTION: The XML code of the Sorcery Mod may solely be redistributed within the 7 Days to Die community. Conditions of redistribution require this notice to remain in full, unmodified, and a direct link, with credit stated, to the original Mod and Author. You may not redistribute the digital Assets or works, aside from XML Code, of the Sorcery Mod. The Sorcery Mod itself should not be redistributed outside of its original distribution channels.

CREDIT: This mod is made possible through the framework provided by The Fun Pimps. It is their hard work and ongoing dedication to building and improving an awesome game that fuels the passion and drives the creation of this mod. Supporters of the Sorcery Mod make ongoing development possible. Without their support, it is not possible to put in the enormous amount of time required to create the plethora of unique assets that make Sorcery.

MODIFICATION: The Terms of Use and Disclaimer herein are subject to ongoing changes and modifications.

DISCLAIMER

The Sorcery Mod is, and will always be, 100% FREE. When you choose to Support Development, you are supporting the unique individual work I (Devrix) personally do outside of the game, as a content creator: The creation of unique VFX, SFX, Art, Time creating content and the services/interaction I provide here, Discord and other places. You are not supporting "derivative work of 7 Days to Die" (AKA modding code/changing skins/etc). That is against TFP policy.

Support Not Required: Those unwilling, or unable, to support development can obtain in-game items 100% FREE. You are not required to support in order to obtain in-game items. Non-supporters are able to obtain any "In-Game Supporter Exclusives" 100% FREE, without supporting development. The free Supporter Key item can be obtained through Loot and Quest Rewards. However, I cannot continue development of Sorcery at this level without Ongoing Support. If support drops below a threshold, development halts. The large amount of time allotted to development is made possible through the generous support given by our Patreon Supporters.
--All rights reserved.
--Disclaimer subject to ongoing changes.

YOU AGREE TO THE FULL TERMS OF USE AND DISCLAIMER HEREIN BY DOWNLOADING AND USING THE SORCERY MOD.

Edited by Devrix
Terms of Use / Disclaimer Updated (see edit history)

Feedback, Ideas, Bug Reporting

Constructive feedback is welcome and encouraged. Specifically, it's very helpful to hear from those wanting and willing to play a cheat-free normal playthrough. If you cheat everything in, you aren't getting the experience or progression intended... nor will you properly understand the perks, skills and functions unless you learn and grow into them while playing.

Although there's A LOT more planned for Sorcery, further ideas and suggestions are always welcome in the Sorcery Discord!

sorcery-discord-logo.png

Compatible Mods

Darkness Falls

Undead Legacy

Edited by Devrix
Full compatibility with mods will be added at a later time for Sorcery A19. (see edit history)

This is incredible to see in 7 days. When I first started playing many years ago, what really drew me into the game, was the subtle supernatural feel I got from It. It felt unique; with it's creepy ambient music, slow shambling zombies, their night filled rage, and the terrifying emergence of bloodmoon asaults.

I was inspired to begin writing a back story for it. However, while it has improved dramatically from those first fledgling versions, I feel it has lost it's way, in becoming all things that encompass it in the periphery, instead of staying true to itself; building, upon what made it such a best seller.

This mod has giving me hope of a ressurection of that initial ambience. And while I won't be playing with it just yet, I will definatly set up a second install to experience it the way you present it. It looks awesome thus far.

What is the performance impact of those particles? It will be interesting to see how you impliment these spells, and perhaps you may inspire others.

Best of luck to you and thank you for presenting it to the community. You modders rock!

Wonderful mod. I'm looking forward to it.

If I may give some critique: the current location of the hand is in the way a bit. I wouldn't want to walk around with my spell out all the time if my fist was taking up the screen. Especially when holding the fire tornado on top of it.

This is incredible to see in 7 days. When I first started playing many years ago, what really drew me into the game, was the subtle supernatural feel I got from It. It felt unique; with it's creepy ambient music, slow shambling zombies, their night filled rage, and the terrifying emergence of bloodmoon asaults.

I was inspired to begin writing a back story for it. However, while it has improved dramatically from those first fledgling versions, I feel it has lost it's way, in becoming all things that encompass it in the periphery, instead of staying true to itself; building, upon what made it such a best seller.

This mod has giving me hope of a ressurection of that initial ambience. And while I won't be playing with it just yet, I will definatly set up a second install to experience it the way you present it. It looks awesome thus far.

What is the performance impact of those particles? It will be interesting to see how you impliment these spells, and perhaps you may inspire others.

Best of luck to you and thank you for presenting it to the community. You modders rock!

Thanks for the feedback and sharing your story. I've detailed, and will be keeping in, many code comments to help guide others as to what's going on behind the scenes to make this all possible. It'd be my pleasure to help anyone interested in learning.

To answer the particle performance question, it's very good so far with no noticeable issues.

I've kept the particle emission count low to help with this. If it becomes an issues, we can always lower particle count further and/or come up with a "low quality" option. I think casting Firenado on a group of 10 zombs caused an interesting effect, however LOL.

Keeping your Shader quality lower will help a lot too if it becomes an issue. Though, I've been able to use Ultra+ with a base 2080 and older i7 processor.

Awe man! I saw this and thought SWEET MAGIC, then I see its still a WIP :/

Can't wait for this to come out and to see how much you do with this.

Oh, and let me know if you want me to make another Batch script for you ;P

Nice work so far! Looks Amazing! :)

haha sorry to disappoint! ...soon my friend, soon!

I know it's unlikely to happen right this moment, but I'm hoooooooping by a miracle that TFP blesses us with allowing for Localization.txt modifications through xpath (would have to convert and all that). Sorcery has a loooooooot of text that needs to be added there.

I'd also like to tap into the quest localization, which would make that a millenia easier.

Anyway, until then, yes... a batch would be much appreciated, for all our sake! :rapture:

Edited by Devrix (see edit history)

play=1

Extracting / harvesting Ice Essence and "The Ice Transmutation Ritual".

One of the most challenging, and funnest (I hope), aspects of playing as a Sorcerer will be attaining and obtaining Essence to craft your Spells and perform Sorceries.

I would love your feedback on how YOU would like to attain and obtain Essence, beyond what's demonstrated in this demo vid.

Currently, you obtain Essence the following ways:

[TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD]Essence[/TD]

[TD]Tree[/TD]

[TD]Boulder[/TD]

[TD]Ore[/TD]

[TD]Transmutation[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Fire[/TD]

[TD]Burnt, Oak[/TD]

[TD]All[/TD]

[TD]Coal, Oil Shale[/TD]

[TD]Fire Ritual[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Ice[/TD]

[TD]Winter[/TD]

[TD]All[/TD]

[TD]Potassium Nitrate[/TD]

[TD]Ice Ritual[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Lightning[/TD]

[TD]Forest, Oak[/TD]

[TD]All[/TD]

[TD]Lead[/TD]

[TD]Lightning Ritual[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

** All natural sources have a chance for Core Essence

** Planted trees must be fully grown, much rarer to drop essence and they currently cannot drop Core Essence.

** May implement ability to plant and grow essence directly (yay nay?)

Edited by Devrix
Added Essence Chart (see edit history)

So when it comes to harvesting of the essence, is the essence mastery the only thing that effects gathering rate? I like the idea of mining to get the resources, but if I am playing with a group I am not fond of the idea that I would want to max strength as well just so I don't waste the ore I am gathering just so I can do magic.

• Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)
  • Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - Massive Update v1.42 PUBLIC!