Farming Expansion 1.1

Mayic

Farming Modlet

Hey all! I just put out my expansion to my modlet that so many of you loved :) Thankyou all for the amazing support on these projects. It's been exciting to be able to discover new and awesome things, and share them all with you! Well, this past week I worked on this expansion. Though the content isn't a lot, there is some heavy work behind it :) I fully animated the Cows, Pigs, and Chickens to move around their "area". Hopefully this will add plenty of life to your farmlands! :D

I would also like to thank Stasis personally, the creator of Farmlife Mod. When we both got started on our projects, we had no idea the other was existing. If only we met a month before :( But, we both spent a lot of time, and rewrote a good portion of our modlets, so that they may work together :D They do not "use" each other, but the naming and icon pathing has all been readjusted to allow our amazing fans to play both projects, and enjoy them to their fullest!

Hope you all enjoy!

__________________________________________________ ______________________

Expansion 1.1:

Change log:

• Animals now fully animated and move around in small animation patterns

Added:

• Lettuce Crops
  • New food items (Chips, Cupcake, Donut, Tonic, Beefcake Workout Supplement, Soup, Canned Food, Pancakes)
  • 2 new Storage Containers (Barrel, and Wine Crate)
  • Updated block bounds on animals (cows=7x7, pigs=5x5, chickens=3x3)

Fixed:

• Fixed grapes being endless farming when first stage growth is damaged
  • Fixed XUi server side issues
  • Fixed name pathing to improve compatibility with FarmLife Mod (Thankyou Stasis!)
  • Fixed food and water displays

Known Bugs:

• Animals sync to same animation loop when loading world chunk/logging in. They're training for synchronized swimming in the Olympics, leave them alone.

Other mods may have conflicting name pathing. Might cause some assets to not appear/fail to load. Please contact w/name of mods running and which item is not working. I can not help if you provide vague answers or are running every single mod out there for download. Be selective with mods. Don't just spam click them all and expect it to work.

[video=youtube;eS-GQ2W-Nxk]

Download Links:

NEXUS

GITHUB

Im an idiot and put those in wrong. My apologies! Fixed now.

Stasis's amazing piece of work, Farmlife, is now fully compatible!: Hihhttps://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?104474-FarmLifeMod

Huge thanks to Jayic for working on this mod to make it compatible with Farm Life. I’m not going to hijack his thread to talk about my mod, you can find it on the forums. But several people wanted these mods to be compatible and they are now!

Please, post your work! I'd love it if you edited it into your first comment for visibility! :) A lot of people are super pumped now that these modlets work together. Anything more we can do to spread the word the better :D

I appreciate all your work the other day with me, figuring this all out, and making it perfect for everyone. Truly, I, and we, are very lucky to have such an amazing community willing to support each other :D Thats what I love so much about modding. It's truly art, and everyone is going to have their own unique interpretation of it.

Good to see you over here! BTW, have you tried it with today's update?

I know right? Took me long enough! :p I actually had to recover an old email to pull this account out :D So much to do, so many platforms! I felt bad even getting my work out to Sphereii super late for Mod Launcher D:

And yes!

Modlet is now hotfixed for 17.2 patch. Just uploaded the changes now to git and nexus. Apparently TFP took away my bartering line :( I'll have to look into what they changed to bring it back.

Beefcake Workout Supplement...Beefcake, BEEFCAKE! ;) Awesome work!

Oh it's much better then that! A hat tip to the beefcake himself mole_powder.jpg.0bb1e128e50cc22bea83255ae0282078.jpg

(funny enough, I just got the South Park reference. It honestly didn't even cross my mind till I reread your comment in a Cartman voice hahaha)

- - - Updated - - -

Can we kill and eat animals? If I kill animal,do I get a meat from it?

Yes you can :D And they are delicious.

Lol! Thats great, and this mod is too. I hadn't got the chance to say, it is SO GREAT that you and Stasis are working together.

I saw JaWoodles video on this mod and thought it was Stasis's only because I hadn't seen/heard a thing about your coming out.

When I found out there were two mods, my first thought was "Oh no, how am I gonna get the mods to work together?"

Cause of all the games I've ever played & modded, I don't think I've been witness to a community as quick to work together and help one another as 7D2D. You guys are fantastic. :D

Z4uFtUK.jpg.af0c9b3eb1a2315f7519c687ec8620ba.jpg

Cool it would be if you could catch the animals in the wild as in the starvation

Sadly entities need scripts to operate property (I'm sure I could half-ass an animation, but it wouldn't be the same). Sadly modlets don't support that right now :( nor do they read .txt localization files.

I'm mostly doing all my work in modlet format, because I share/do a lot of this for the 7 Days to Die reddit community. They are not to keen on SDX, and when your most common solution to "I can't get your mod running" is "did you unzip the file?", I have to think in the simplest terms possible. Not taking a shot at them or anything :p Just a lot of mom n' pop tier tech knowledge, and they're finally opening up to modding in general :D Can't scare them away just yet!

I'd like to make a hunting SDX mod though, and tie it heavily into Farming so they can be used hand and hand. I was exploring options on how to "get" the animals originally. I debated everything from POI edits (putting them on the farms), to making a few "wilds" spawn in the world. If you have any concepts or suggestions, I'd love to hear them

Lol! Thats great, and this mod is too. I hadn't got the chance to say, it is SO GREAT that you and Stasis are working together.

I saw JaWoodles video on this mod and thought it was Stasis's only because I hadn't seen/heard a thing about your coming out.

When I found out there were two mods, my first thought was "Oh no, how am I gonna get the mods to work together?"

Cause of all the games I've ever played & modded, I don't think I've been witness to a community as quick to work together and help one another as 7D2D. You guys are fantastic. :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27565[/ATTACH]

Thankyou very much! :D Sadly, I didn't frequent here before just the other day. With so many platforms to cover, and being moderator on reddit, I kinda stayed in that general neck of the woods for a while, spitting out guides and helping people learn the game. It wasn't until right after I published it on Nexus, and got my first bug report, that I realized Stasis made his amazing mod :( I felt like a ♥♥♥♥ honestly, like I was trying to butt in on his concept with a classic ego trip most modders/modding communities have. I can't be more grateful for how receptive the community was towards both our modlets, and the desire to run them both. It was the least I could do :)

And thankfully, we both discussed our plans for the future, traded some vital information to prevent future updates from conflicting, and I think our mod work will end up complimenting each other VERY well in the long run :) Might be a little confusing for people at first, with both of us having a solid cover of basic cooking/food items (Butters, Milks, etc), but we both did an amazing job of really keeping our modlets contained to our respective crafting benches.

I honestly can't wait to see Stasis crack into assets :)

hi i am getting this erro

2019-02-09T20:10:52 27.992 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'buffs.xml' failed

2019-02-09T20:10:52 27.992 EXC The requested value 'Bartering' was not found.

ArgumentException: The requested value 'Bartering' was not found.

at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value, Boolean ignoreCase) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EnumUtils+EnumInfoCache`1[PassiveEffects].Parse (System.String _name, Boolean _ignoreCase) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EnumUtils.Parse[PassiveEffects] (System.String _name, Boolean _ignoreCase) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PassiveEffect.ParsePassiveEffect (System.Xml.XmlElement _element) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MinEffectGroup.ParseXml (System.Xml.XmlElement _element) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MinEffectController.ParseXml (System.Xml.XmlElement _element, .MinEffectController effectControllerToExtend, SourceParentType _type, System.Object _parentPointer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BuffsFromXml.ParseBuff (System.Xml.XmlElement _element) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BuffsFromXml.ParseNode (System.Xml.XmlNode root) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BuffsFromXml.CreateBuffs (.XmlFile xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldStaticData+<loadSingleXml>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)

Logger:masterLogException(Exception)

Logger:Exception(Exception)

Log:Exception(Exception)

<loadSingleXml>c__Iterator1:MoveNext()

UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

(Filename: Line: -1)

hi i am getting this erro

2019-02-09T20:10:52 27.992 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'buffs.xml' failed

2019-02-09T20:10:52 27.992 EXC The requested value 'Bartering' was not found.

ArgumentException: The requested value 'Bartering' was not found.

at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value, Boolean ignoreCase) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EnumUtils+EnumInfoCache`1[PassiveEffects].Parse (System.String _name, Boolean _ignoreCase) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EnumUtils.Parse[PassiveEffects] (System.String _name, Boolean _ignoreCase) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PassiveEffect.ParsePassiveEffect (System.Xml.XmlElement _element) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MinEffectGroup.ParseXml (System.Xml.XmlElement _element) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MinEffectController.ParseXml (System.Xml.XmlElement _element, .MinEffectController effectControllerToExtend, SourceParentType _type, System.Object _parentPointer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BuffsFromXml.ParseBuff (System.Xml.XmlElement _element) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BuffsFromXml.ParseNode (System.Xml.XmlNode root) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BuffsFromXml.CreateBuffs (.XmlFile xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldStaticData+<loadSingleXml>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)

Logger:masterLogException(Exception)

Logger:Exception(Exception)

Log:Exception(Exception)

<loadSingleXml>c__Iterator1:MoveNext()

UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

(Filename: Line: -1)

Hiya, this was removed last night with 17.2. A hotfix was put out last night :) The latest patch should help you with this error.

- - - Updated - - -

Heya Mayic! Just a quick question: the version of your modlet that can be found on the Mod Launcher is currently listed as version 1.0. Does that mean right now one should get the files from Github instead?

Whoops! Thats probably something on my end I'm failing to update for Sphereii :p Sorry, still new to his platform.

I do believe it should link you directly to the github, which is fully updated. So you should be all set to snag the latest even though it says 1.0. But I am not 100% sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Mayic you could add them to biome spawns and have a can pickup true line to imitate you leading them to your base/farm.

This is an insanely good idea! I already have Wilds inside my XML, giving them pickup properties and setting them to spawn in biomes would be an easy addition :D

Thankyou for this awesome concept. I'll be sure to credit you!

Archived