No announcement yet.

bdubyah's modlets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bdubyah Cruiser gorgeous. I did not like the helicopter, twitching and uncomfortable control. Work Truck good, I use to transport loot, he would have the sound of an engine like a dodge

Comment

First of all I really love this Modlet. These vehicles are totally awesome!
      There is only one thing that really bugs me. Is there any to change the MD-500 controlls?
      I would prefer changing the hight with "Space" and "C" and tilting with "W" and "S". Is there any way to change this in the XML files?

Cheers!
      Berytak

Comment

Um, I'm not sure if you could make that work or not. It might be possible. You could open the vehicles.xml and find the MD500. Look for the section with the motor0 and motor1, along with the forces. You could try changing the values for the forces.

Force4 and force5 are the tilting forward and backward. Force 2 is technically the "up" vertical force, and I believe S just makes this a negative amount.

Comment

Originally posted by bdubyah View Post
          Um, I'm not sure if you could make that work or not. It might be possible. You could open the vehicles.xml and find the MD500. Look for the section with the motor0 and motor1, along with the forces. You could try changing the values for the forces.

Force4 and force5 are the tilting forward and backward. Force 2 is technically the "up" vertical force, and I believe S just makes this a negative amount.
          That was a good hint. Now I got stuck with these settings...

Code:
          			<property class="force0">
          				<property name="trigger" value="motor0"/>
          				<property name="type" value="relative"/>
          				<property name="force" value="0, .196, 0"/>
          				<property name="ceiling" value="200, 280"/>
          			</property>

<property class="force1">
          				<property name="trigger" value="motor1"/>
          				<property name="force" value="0, 0,.01"/>
          			</property>

<property class="force2">
          				<property name="trigger" value="inputUp"/>
          				<property name="force" value="0, 0.03,0 "/>
          			</property>

<property class="force3">
          				<property name="trigger" value="inputStrafe"/>
          				<property name="type" value="relativeTorque"/>
          				<property name="force" value="0, .02, 0"/>
          			</property>

<property class="force4">
          				<property name="trigger" value="inputForward"/>
          				<property name="force" value=".01, 0, 0"/>
          			</property>

<!-- <property class="force5">
          			</property> -->
          It works very well so far, but I have no way to lower the altitude. So, "C" doesn't bring it down.
          Got any idea how to bring this baby back down?

Cheers!
          Berytak

Comment

help installing bdubs vehicles, Is there a specific way to install this mod? there were no instructions on how this should be done. I have run mods in the past but I can't seem to get this mod going. I am running the current version of 7 days.

Comment

Install into the Mods folder like most mods do.

What issues are you having?

Comment

Originally posted by Berytak View Post
                That was a good hint. Now I got stuck with these settings...

Code:
                			<property class="force0">
                				<property name="trigger" value="motor0"/>
                				<property name="force" value="0, .196, 0"/>
                				<property name="ceiling" value="200, 280"/>
                			</property>

<property class="force1">
                				<property name="trigger" value="motor1"/>
                				<property name="force" value="0, 0,.01"/>
                			</property>

<property class="force2">
                				<property name="trigger" value="inputUp"/>
                				<property name="force" value="0, 0.03,0 "/>
                			</property>

<property class="force3">
                				<property name="trigger" value="inputStrafe"/>
                				<property name="force" value="0, .02, 0"/>
                			</property>

<property class="force4">
                			</property>

<!-- <property class="force5">
                			</property> -->
                It works very well so far, but I have no way to lower the altitude. So, "C" doesn't bring it down.
                Got any idea how to bring this baby back down?

Cheers!
                Berytak

Try adding this : you are missing this force . This allows 'C' to push the heli back down .

Code:
                <property class="force5">
                				<property name="trigger" value="inputDown"/>
                				<property name="force" value="0, -0.03,0 "/>
                			</property>

Edit: After having the gyro controls and getting used to them after so long a time i found it very hard to fly lol ... automatically reverting in my mind to the c and spacebar being tilt .

Ragsy !!
                Last edited by Ragsy 2145; 02-03-2020, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragsy 2145 View Post
                  Try adding this : you are missing this force . This allows 'C' to push the heli back down .

Code:
                  <property class="force5">
                  				<property name="trigger" value="inputDown"/>
                  				<property name="force" value="0, -0.03,0 "/>
                  			</property>

Edit: After having the gyro controls and getting used to them after so long a time i found it very hard to fly lol ... automatically reverting in my mind to the c and spacebar being tilt .

Ragsy !!
                  Awesome dude! This woked like a charm. I apprechate your help, thanks a lot.

Cheers!
                  Berytak

Comment

Ah, good eye Ragsy.

I might give this setup a whirl and see how it feels. I got pretty used to flying it while I was testing it, but I've had a few mentions about the controls. Guess I could see if this feels better.

Comment

Ah, good eye Ragsy.

I might give this setup a whirl and see how it feels. I got pretty used to flying it while I was testing it, but I've had a few mentions about the controls. Guess I could see if this feels better.

Personally, I think the MD500 flies fine, It makes sense that it should fly a little different than a gyrocopter.

Comment

Eh, if anything, I'd just add it in another file that could be swapped out if people wanted to use it. I'm not gonna change the defaults.

Comment

I'll be honest. You made a pretty huge collection of various vehicles. I kinda wish there was a mod that would throw them here and there randomly all around the world, some driveable, some broken, but still lootable or useable for resources. Well, I guess this is what Guppy's mod was trying to do, but that fun ended in A17.4...

Comment

If it becomes doable without DMT, I'll certainly look into it. Without DMT I believe you still have the issue of the vehicle respawning a new one as soon as you move it.

I think Dust might be working on something similar, not sure.

Other thing I could think of is making them into deco blocks like the vanilla sedans and such and give one version of each of them a tiny chance of being one you could take by hitting it or something.

Comment

If it becomes doable without DMT, I'll certainly look into it. Without DMT I believe you still have the issue of the vehicle respawning a new one as soon as you move it.

I think Dust might be working on something similar, not sure.

Other thing I could think of is making them into deco blocks like the vanilla sedans and such and give one version of each of them a tiny chance of being one you could take by hitting it or something.
                              Imagine something like this: You find a useless car that has to be repaired, you have to find wheels, engine, and other important parts and once you collect them all, you can use them to craft a car repairing pack that will be used to "hit" the broken car and you get a working car in return. Fill it with gas and it's ready to drive.

Another way (assuming something like that would be possible): A broken car that has an inventory and when you put the "missing" car parts inside the inventory, it will change into a working car.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.devolver View Post
                                I'll be honest. You made a pretty huge collection of various vehicles. I kinda wish there was a mod that would throw them here and there randomly all around the world, some driveable, some broken, but still lootable or useable for resources. Well, I guess this is what Guppy's mod was trying to do, but that fun ended in A17.4...
                                Hi

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by mr.devolver View Post
                                Imagine something like this: You find a useless car that has to be repaired, you have to find wheels, engine, and other important parts and once you collect them all, you can use them to craft a car repairing pack that will be used to "hit" the broken car and you get a working car in return. Fill it with gas and it's ready to drive.

Another way (assuming something like that would be possible): A broken car that has an inventory and when you put the "missing" car parts inside the inventory, it will change into a working car.
                                Hi Hi you spying on me?

Comment

Working...
                                X