CCTVs - A21.2 Vanilla version

xyth

CCTVs:   Works on A21.2/A20/A19

Adds 8 panning security cameras and 2 CCTV wall monitors. Each comes in a large and small size. Monitors do not require power but must be wired, but can then be unwired. Cameras require the same wiring/unwiring if you want them to pan. The cameras will either pan or aim forward based on pressing E. I cannot make them pause in mid-pan, as I'm not using code for any of this.

Monitors will rotate to the next camera image every 5 seconds unless you press E to pause it. The 5th screen shows all 4 cameras at once and you can also pause there. Monitor 1 shows cams 0-3, monitor 2 shows cams 4-7.

You may use multiple copies and/or sizes of the monitors, but you can only have 1 of each camera number active. For example, if you place two camera zero's, only the last one placed will show on the monitor. Don't do this as each camera uses FPS.

CCTVs.thumb.jpg.059a699b58a2882d7bc70eb6061544a4.jpg

See it in action:

Download it here: https://github.com/7D2D/A20Mods/blob/main/CCTV.zip

Dedi Installation: Modlet needs to be loaded on both the dedicated server and each client.

Comments:

I added a bigger screen and smaller cameras. Let me know what else would be useful.

Should look bright in daylight or in a darkened room now.

Warning: Each camera used lowers FPS slightly so don't use more than your rig can handle 🙂 ... Be sure to have VSync "Off" as that seems to hurt FPS badly.

Also, I noticed at long distances, in my case cameras on a tall pole above ground and a monitor at bedrock, the cameras occasionally lose sync and transmission is intermittent. Moving the monitor closer to the cameras resolves this.

You MUST turn off Occlusion in the Video Quality settings or the camera will cull (make invisible) somethings when indoors

* Credit to Eihwaz for cleaning up and improving the xml in this mod, and for providing localization for our German speaking friends.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

WOW. Love this! Pushing it to our server right now :D

I tested it on my dedi and it worked as expected but let me know if you discover any problems. I expect if you place the consoles across Chunk borders there may be issues but as long as the cameras are in the same general location as the monitors things should be fine.

Would be awesome if you had a nightvision toggle similar to A16 view and stlye for them dark nights when you are tucked up reading books in your base if thats even possible but then I thought a modet cctv system was not possible.

Still absolutely love this modlet to bits :)

Using cameras in 7 days is hampered by the biome effects they layer over everything. Everything is darker unless your in the forest biome. I recommend Dust2Deaths graphics mod that mostly fixes that. If TFP fixes nightvision I might look into that, but for now, I figured users would add spotlights. I could add small spotlights to some of the next batch of cameras.

Using cameras in 7 days is hampered by the biome effects they layer over everything. Everything is darker unless your in the forest biome. I recommend Dust2Deaths graphics mod that mostly fixes that. If TFP fixes nightvision I might look into that, but for now, I figured users would add spotlights. I could add small spotlights to some of the next batch of cameras.

Hopefully they will fix nightvision one day but yeah spotlights built in is a good option, keep up the good work .

I have an error with the file recipe.xml, it tells me that it does not exist and that it can not be loaded

Probably because I changed all the block names and forgot to change the recipe names... Thanks for catching. pushing a new version shortly.

Version 1.11 pushed with recipe fixes.

BTW, I setup the recipes generically, no progression checks etc as I don't want to dictate how people play and xml editing doesn't interest me :-) If anyone comes up with a nice recipe xml, and a localization file, I'd be happy to add and credit the author.

--updated--

Fixed the problems with the latest update :)

Works great! But a FPS eater xD

I will push a fix for the heavy FPS use shortly. I noticed im rendering out 1000 blocks on each camera....yikes! lol. I will reduce the culling to about 100 blocks, and we can adjust more or less based on feedback.

Ok, version 1.12 pushed, culling distance at 100. Feedback please. I can make a potato version if needed.

Can I get some feedback on the FPS impact on the latest version with rendering distance reduced to 100? I can make it any number, but I only have 1080/i7 and a 1050TI/i3 machines to test on. The FPS impact of 4 cameras on the smaller one was minimal at 100.

• xyth changed the title to CCTVs - A21.2 Vanilla version