Firearms 2! Fully redone

Mayic

FIREARMS 2

FirearmsBanner3.jpg.7216fcb374fe9d6754979a4f6bd30fe1.jpg

Patch 2.1

This version is VASTLY improved! Loads of new and exciting changes, including a new innovative way to handle recipes, and creating "Blueprints" for crafting! There is almost too much information to put into a single page, so over the past week I've been putting together a Wiki on Github for Firearms. I'll be expanding on that with much more detail as the summer progresses. New Wiki Source

Hopefully you all find this source very helpful with the brand new version of Firearms :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOWNLOAD:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Localization:

This mod pack now has Localization Files. This means, that there will be descriptive text in the Information Windows. What ammo goes to what, would be the most prominent feature of Localization, but this has allowed me to properly redo this ENTIRE modlet. Now, if you just drag and drop like normal, all you will see is a bunch of mayicgunMrad, mayicgunChaingun. etc.

RussianDood has created an amazing program, to take the hassle out of the complexity behind adding Localization for some of us out there. No one wants to do the leg work of copying one file, finding the original, pasting it, then updating it everytime TFP does. No, Thanks to RussianDood, we have this amazing program to do the leg work for us. Inside this Modlet, you will find a Localization.bat file. After you place the Modlet into the correct location, just simply run the bat file (double click), and hit Enter, Pick whatever option you'd like (I suggest 1), Enter, enter again, and we are DONE! Thats it. You will only need to do this again when the Modlet updates and you download a new version. Other then that, you are free to boot up completely as normal everytime! No need to constantly run the file before you boot the game.

Thankyou RussianDood!

Whats new?

New and exciting guns!

Laser Rifle, Flame Thrower, AA12, loads of guns reskinned, resighted for scopes, and more!

Picture Display Picture Display Picture Display

Picture Display

Picture Display

New Crafting System

Whole new way to craft and learn your favorite guns! No need to spend points on progression anymore!

Picture Display

New Modifications

Picture Display

Picture Display

Physical Attachments

Laser Side:

Picture Display

10% reduced noise when walking
20% increased crouch speed
40% increased crouch jump height
50% decreased weapon recoil spread when crouched
25% decreased weapon recoil spread when hip firing

Hand Grip:

Picture Display

50% decreased weapon recoil spread when walking
30% decreased weapon recoil spread when aiming

Bayonet:

Picture Display
20% increased Sprint speed
10% decreased stamina cost while sprinting

Extended Silencer:

Picture Display
Shots are complete silent. Bullet Impacts are not.

Magazine

Quick Mag:

Picture Display Reload weapons twice as fast

Banana Magazine:

Picture Display
x2 Ammunition Capacity

Drum Magazine:

Picture Display
x5 Ammunition Capacity

Special

Block Buster:

Picture Display

• Increases block damage to bullets by a vast amount. Lowers entity damage. This modification is designed for quick removal of blocks in the world.
  • x3 Block damage to Earth, Wood, Metal and Stone.

High Tech Scope:

Picture Display

New scopes

Hair Sights

x1:

Picture Display

x2:

Picture Display

x4:

Picture Display

Picture Display

Whole new UI for Workbenches and Modification Assembly
[Weapons Attachments](https://github.com/Jayick/Firearms2/wiki/Mods) UI Picture Display

Items
Firearms Workbench Picture Display Picture Display
Ammunition Workbench Picture Display Picture Display
Research Table Picture Display Picture Display
Modification and Parts Workbench Picture Display Picture Display

fullcraft.jpg.417c747abc933dea62f210df37abae22.jpg

ammoselect.jpg.1f6edabec995a78f5095267e798be39b.jpg

attributes.jpg.e9cffa5dec89b2616842a877df71bb81.jpg

Firearmsbanner.jpg.e11899eca1c2ef36da22578254a2ae54.jpg

Changes:

• Fully animated most of the weapons, every gun atleast has shell expenditure. Most have reload/recoil animations.
  • Redid all item and ammo icons, making them far easier to read
  • Added all items to Gun Workshop, and Ammo Workshop for easier crafting and sorting
  • Added Scrap Guns, to compliment Scram Ammo Concept (details below)
  • Added new sound
  • Applied ALL gun modifications to (nearly) all the guns. Items such as the Luger, and M82 50 Cal, remain the same. Everything else has been vastly expanded, and custom tuned to fit all gun mods.
  • Opened up all guns to multiple ammo types. Up to 9 ammo selections per weapons
  • Added Elemental Ammo (details below)
  • Rebalanced trader, customized trade UI window to work with mod
  • Added new ammo types

Known bugs:

• Animations run off a bool call (not using scripting). They are all on timers. Sometimes, skills such as faster reloads, might make the animation go fast or slow in accordance with hand movement. I attuned the speeds based on the guns "unlock" level. Finding a M98 early game, might show a slower animation. This will fix itself as you get near the appropriate level
  • Audio might be too high, or too low. Currently in the process of adjusting levels. Feedback would be amazing. I am hard of hearing myself, too many guns IRL :p Nothing legally disabling me. Just god awful range in volume/pitch.
  • AR15 has crappy scopes. Need to break the model apart in 3ds. Will be patched eventually
  • Explosive Ammo has no physical graphical effect

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to install

• Navagate to your 7 Days to Die Directory (default: C:/ProgramFiles86/Steam/Steamapps/Common/7DaystoDie)
  • Right click anywhere in your MAIN directory (not Data/Configs, not 7DaysToDie_Data), and create New Folder
  • Name New Folder: Mods Our directory should look similar to something like this
  • Download entire mod pack via GitHub or other Trusted source (I only share via Discord, and GitHub. For my personal mods, do not trust any other source unless verified by me)
  • Drag and Drop Firearms modlet into 7 Days To Die/Mods folder. Our modlet named "Firearms" should show up under the mods directory like so
  • To confirm proper boot, upon loading into a map/server, press F1, and you should see our mod load with the following line:
    `2018-12-28T22:36:15 2.709 INF [MODS] Trying to load from Firearms`
    `2018-12-28T22:36:15 2.709 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: Firearms (1.0)`

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For more information, or general help:

- - - Updated - - -

A special thankyou!

A special thankyou to the following people, without their help, advice, and guidance this work would not be possible. These people are the backbone to our community, lending their skills to us all so we can complete amazing pieces of art for everyone to enjoy! Very much respect and admiration for these creators!

My amazing Testers. A few in particular. CJ and Galaktus for providing me with such amazing feedback, and often. These two have tested extensively for me, and gave me some of the best bug reports I've ever had. Thankyou both very much for all your help!

All assets are paid/licensed for free use/royalty free.

Well I'll be, had no idea Mayic is a fellow grunt.

Pity he chose the wrong military branch. :glee:

Army Airborne, no legs allowed! All kidding aside, anyone who chooses to serve has earned my respect, and gratitude. You guys made a damn fine mod, and I can't play the game without my trusty M1.

Agreed Stasis, the Spas12 with Dragonsbreath rounds is a proper hoot, that thing is straight out of "The Expendables" with Terry Crews and his AA12 hammering rounds downrange bellowing "Remember this ^%$# at Christmas!" Can't help it, I've said that line more than a few times after surviving a bumrush of gomers coming at me out of a dark house in the game. LOL

Agreed Stasis, the Spas12 with Dragonsbreath rounds is a proper hoot, that thing is straight out of "The Expendables" with Terry Crews and his AA12 hammering rounds downrange bellowing "Remember this ^%$# at Christmas!" Can't help it, I've said that line more than a few times after surviving a bumrush of gomers coming at me out of a dark house in the game. LOL

Oh just wait till I get explosive rounds working proper. That one is going to be FUNNNN. Sadly, the particle triggers like every .1 seconds, and I can't quite seem to figure out how to remove it... I tried EVERYTHING I could personally think of. In Melee, I just animated all the particles to near perfection on my buff timers to display what I wanted it to. That project was really fun. But with explosive ammo, I don't exactly want it to be a "one shot kill" ammo. I'd like to honestly replicate how Rust does its explosive ammo, and push for a small burst of AOE damage on impact (1 radius), and repeat on every hit.

Oh just wait till I get explosive rounds working proper. That one is going to be FUNNNN. Sadly, the particle triggers like every .1 seconds, and I can't quite seem to figure out how to remove it... I tried EVERYTHING I could personally think of. In Melee, I just animated all the particles to near perfection on my buff timers to display what I wanted it to. That project was really fun. But with explosive ammo, I don't exactly want it to be a "one shot kill" ammo. I'd like to honestly replicate how Rust does its explosive ammo, and push for a small burst of AOE damage on impact (1 radius), and repeat on every hit.

Thanks for the H&K. It was sorely missed in your massive collection.

However I’m still pissed you didn’t label it with ♥♥♥♥♥ 9mm

:)

Hotfix 1.04 4/6/2019:

• Fixed:
  • Fixed Localization Quest.txt and Localization.bat. Quests should now display proper text
  • Fixed new Challenge Books to traders and loot groups

Update 1.03 4/4/19:

• Added:
  • Added RGB Holo variance
  • Added Quest Challenges! Now complete various kill tasks to receive more skill points. They require the correct class of weapon (Handguns,
  • SMG, Shotguns, Rifles, Snipers, and Chainguns)
  • Added original ammo and weapon types to Ammo/Firearms scrapping

Changed:
  • Changed various audios, most notibly RCP90
  • Adjusted Progression. Holos now unlocked at level 4. All skills now only cost 1 point, still gated by levels (sorry, no chainguns for level 10's)
  • Incendiary Rounds now ignite other enemies close by on impact
  • Incendiary Rounds now do more damage over time on burns

Fixed:
  • Adjusted audio volumes. DE, 1911 now louder, others softer. Adjustments will be made in the future to more.
  • Fixed Explosive Rounds. Still no effect. Now does higher AOE damage. Careful, this will hurt you as well. Not suggest for point blank fire.
  • Blueprint Icons for scopes (thanks Drconfused)
  • Fixed weapons "starter" ammo types. Firearms will now start off with correct ammo caliber type

Update: 4/7/19

Updates:

• Big change to how guns are learned for further crafting
  • Firearms can now be found in Schematic Books, which can be used to learn how to craft each individual weapon. This bypasses Progression Level requirements for individual weapons.
  • Ammo can now be found in Schematic Books as well. Ammo and Firearms are NOT unlocked together, like they are in progression.
  • Progression is still existing. This method is used to unlock full groups of weapons, and their respective ammo type.
  • Schematics can also be crafted at the new Research Table Image
  • Guns will require: One Firearm, 10-200 Scrap Firearms, and 10 Paper.
  • Ammo will require: One Round of specific ammo, 10-200 Scrap Ammo, 10 Paper.
  • After learning the blueprint, you may craft the item at the correct Workbench. Workbenches still require point investment to unlock. New Research table is level 3. Scope Mods still require investment.

Update: 1.06 4/9/19

•  
    Updates:

• Added Scrap Schematics. Break down unused/unwanted Schematics into Scrap Schematics for independent Crafting Research (Guns will now cost Scrap Schematics to research them for further crafting)

Changed:

• Removed Schematics from being SELLABLE to traders. You can still buy them, but price is now increased to appropriate costs.

Fixed:

• Balanced a few guns. AR15 is now single shot fire by default (full auto with mod)
  • Balanced shotgun ammo recipe costs. Now take Buckshot instead of bullet tips.

• 2 weeks later...
Update: 1.06 4/9/19

•  
    Updates:

• Added Scrap Schematics. Break down unused/unwanted Schematics into Scrap Schematics for independent Crafting Research (Guns will now cost Scrap Schematics to research them for further crafting)

Changed:

• Removed Schematics from being SELLABLE to traders. You can still buy them, but price is now increased to appropriate costs.

Fixed:

• Balanced a few guns. AR15 is now single shot fire by default (full auto with mod)
  • Balanced shotgun ammo recipe costs. Now take Buckshot instead of bullet tips.

Are the ACOG scopes fixed? Out of the whole pack, those are the ones i can never get any kind of real visual off of.

Hi there,

is this mod compatible with other mods, such as Darkness falls? (or others)

It should be good to go! I think my other project might conflict with Darkness Falls, but I personally reached out to Khaine to make my mod somewhat compatible. I have not personally tested this myself yet, but so far I haven't heard of any errors. After the next update when I get rid my of my progression tree, there shouldn't even be another issue :D

It should be good to go! I think my other project might conflict with Darkness Falls, but I personally reached out to Khaine to make my mod somewhat compatible. I have not personally tested this myself yet, but so far I haven't heard of any errors. After the next update when I get rid my of my progression tree, there shouldn't even be another issue :D

Where's the latest updates located? Lol, i've learned to ask this due to some modders having multiple spots like github, gitlab, and then the various storage sites.

Hi Mayic,

I've tried your modlet when playing Darkness Falls and it works perfectly! I've been finding some of your weapons and some of your ammo in weapon bags and safes. i've tried different guns (thompson, glock, a couple of automatics, etc) and they all work perfectly. I must add that I've tried different mods which (allegedly) are focused on new weapons and they all tend to be just re-skinnings with minor changes in fire rate or fire power, which in the end you feel you are playing with the same weapons as before, just a different skin. But your modlet is nothing like this; your weapons all feel, look and sound (and I love this part because sound is often neglectd) very, very differnt. Thank you so much for this mod, for it is something quite awesome!

Any chance an AA12, fully 3d modeled w accurate sound, will appear in the mod?

Also, would it be possible to make the 9mm, 10mm, 44mag weapons compatible with in-game ammo like the shotguns? I ask this because it makes it a little harder to find ammo than usual plus it's a little less load on the system to deal with in-house ammo.

• 1 month later...

Damn... nice mod.

I know that Fun Pimps is intending to add the M-60 to A18, but why re-invent the wheel??!!

If I was the project lead for 7D2D, I wouldn't waste time making new assets, I would just take this mod and work with Mayic to incorporate it into the official release of A18.

Seriously Fun Pimps, your mod community are highly talented and motivated, why not harness their work to save time and improve the games content and quality.

MASSIVE changes everyone! Sorry I haven't been around. Summer months have started, work is picking up, and Mayic is still sick as a dog :( Putting the end of this update together was very slow because of that, took me a while to write the directions up.

I went ahead and made a wiki through Github, since the mod now has quite a bit to it, and requires a lot more detail then just a few pages of jumbled information.

Forgive my horrid formatting here. Still new to these forums, so trying to figure out everything still.

Archived