Gnamod UI

Haidrgna

GNAMOD UI

Hello everyone, you may remember me from Gnamod (A15/16/17), from mods like Horde Mode, Nomad Mode, Necropolis and Gnamod Base. I have been working hard to bring all of those mods back to A17 but also gotten into UI modding while doing so. Some of them have been in a more managed (Discord only) release for a while for people wanting to help out test or just have early access.

While creating a new UI for Gnamod I realized that most of it was backwards compatible with the vanilla game and I also was testing it in there for faster loading (no unity assets to load). So I decided to release the UI as a stand alone version as well. So here is the first publicly released version of GNAMOD UI. I hope you will enjoy using it as it cost a great deal of frustration to get every pixel right (or right enough since not all that I wanted could be done)

This is still a beta version and will be updated along the other Gnamod's so there could still be overlooked things in there. There are a bunch of windows left untouched as well, so it is not complete. This and other Gnamod's will also be released pretty soon to sphereii's Mod Launcher.

Here is a non-exhaustive list of things I done, but will also add screenshots to this thread to show how it looks.

- Changed the backpack to have more slots (11x8) and incorporate the toolbar slots on the top (so shows 12x8 slots, the total amount a person could have on him). NOTE that the item bar on the right displayed on the HUD is only there for display, items cannot be dragged there. Instead the top row is where you can drag stuff to.

- Changed the toolbar to display on the side in a new style, removed xp bar.

- Changed HP/Stamina bars to a new style, stamina is green colored.

- Changed the compass to incorporate the stealth bar, added some stats to the clock (altitude and actual biome temp). Added red marker for center of compass.

- Changed the crafting list menu to incorporate the output slots on the right, have its list presented as 2 columns so more is visible at once.

- Changed the recipe window to allow up to 10 ingredients displayed, in tw columns. Condensed the display.

- Changed the workstations windows to have up to 10 tools, 10 fuel and 10 output items. Planned is to have specialized workstations with more or less slots but with the same style.

- Changed the forge input window to allow 3 items to be smelted at once (more not possible without a dll change). Condensed the display of melted items.

- Changed the creative menu to display a lot more items (15x10). Slots are smaller and stack information removed as it is not needed.

- Changed the item information window and modify window to support 10 mod slots for items, improved the view and hide slots when description is displayed.

- Changed the character window to display bigger and keep the character visible even if stats are displayed (they are projected around him).

- Changed the buff display to tell the effects of a buff and displays 10 at once per page. Not all effects seem properly supported yet, in future will see if this can be localized to not use the incode names for effects. Might not be a thing for the vanilla version though.

- Changed the loot and vehicle storage windows to support up to 15x10 slots. This does not alter the vanilla slot size, but people could alter those to be bigger if needed within these limits.

- Changed the vehicle info display to be in line with the item info display. Vehicles also support 10 mods, once vehicle mods actually work though :).

- Note that the slot increases are not actual increases to gameplay limits for vanilla or any other mod you might add this too. They are just higher max possible, so you will need to include xpath or mods to make the slots, unlocked backpack slots, storage slots etc for things higher.

DOWNLOAD LATEST VERSION

Current latest version: 0.7.2 for A18.3 b3 (experimental version).

Want more Gnamod, find other players or know what is cooking: Join the Discord Channel!

Notes:

- The mod has only been tested with Gnamod development versions, some small modlets and the vanilla game. It could conflict with mods that change the UI such as overhauls including their own UI. If a modlet has to modify the UI to work, apply it last to see if it will work, since this significantly changes code.

- The UI has been designed with 16:9 and 16:10 ratio in mind, a wider ratio should also work, but something more compact will lead to issues where windows will overlap badly.

Installation:

The download contains a zip file that makes installation as easy as possible. All you need to do is extract the contents to the main folder of the installation of 7 days to die you want the mod to apply to. After doing so it should have a Mods in the main directory. In this folder should be a folder Called Gnamod UI (or in future versions Gnamod Core UI). Any other Gnamod mod or modlet you want to add goes here.

12664E7054E103B0A28DE06B4C2E9019E8670F5D

A7600212746275C6A5CE7C4F29865CDF4D58FFBA

E425ECCA9DCCF56BFCAE8A419FC7F44F6E7FB9B9

83FBED1D0395B82163CFB4456AB33908D92619C3

B96284C2E9E75495FBD0F2F8CD98B5615827DD57

DOWNLOAD OLDER VERSIONS

This looks freaking awesome. I'm defiantly gonna try this.

Horde Mode, Nomad Mode, Necropolis and Gnamod Base. I have been working hard to bring all of those mods back to A17

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28697[/ATTACH]The Fonz approves, and I can't wait for Necropolis... gigitty-gigitty

thefonz.jpg.52f2816b7181baf71ab3808f1c5571b6.jpg

This looks freaking awesome. I'm defiantly gonna try this.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28697[/ATTACH]The Fonz approves, and I can't wait for Necropolis... gigitty-gigitty

Necropolis is in a very early prototype stage still, judging by how far A18 is along the dev track I forsee it sadly not making it to A17. Mostly because a lot of stuff I intend to overhaul that is being redone in A18 it is clearly a waste of time to do it now. But it will surely make a return. The one that might be hardest to bring back is Nomad Mode though, the maps currently supported are just to small and not interesting like A16 maps were for that concept.

OMG. The top of invedrtory ROW (1 row) is the hotbar... WHY? Why not separate other color, or other way?

This is on purpose, the toolbar on the side of the screen is only there to display what you have equipped, The top row of the inventory are the slots of the toolbar. This might take a bit to adjust to, but it actually is faster since it is closer to your inventory, well unless you fill out the bottom rows only, but that would be deliberately making it harder on yourself.

But I will see if an indicator for the toolbar will be good, I like the clean look of the hotbar slots being part of your inventory. I do not view the inventory as a backpack, but rather as a collection of all the pockets and packs your character has on his person, so including the belt and what not.

Hi, I have a problem, I can't take what the merchant gives me after I complete the mission, it overlaps with the player's console

Hmm I did not touch that window and thus there could be an issue, I will investigate and see if I can fix it. Thanks for pointing this out.

Release 0.4.1

I just released a version 0.4.1 on the Mod Launcher and to the download, moved the old version to History.

- Fixed: Quest reward window was showing up behind the player inventory window and lacked a header. Now has a proper header, and windows are in line with the rest of the UI style. Added 2 extra potential reward slots (not activated unless max rewards from perk is increased).

- Fixed: Logo doubling in certain resolutions.

- Changed: UI Logo now has a 3d effect on the letters UI so it looks better in the menu.

0FF29D9FE4B6CD73B981AB39780484591B3702BB

Great work HaidrGna :)

I am now utterley lost without this UI in my game ............ For testing I have to take it out but when i go play for fun I have to quickly put it back on.

Regards

Ragsy !!

Thanks buddy, appreciated :)

I.m liking the mod mate. Makes life easy and well designed.

Thank you for the kind words :)

Gnamod Core UI 0.4.2 is out and stable (updated download and Mod Launcher).

====================Version 0.4.2====================

- Changed the Power/Solar/Generator Bank window to be in line with the rest. Added space for potential future slots (currently no more possible without dupe bugs appearing).

- Changed Ranged Traps window to be in line with the rest. Added space for potential future slots (currently no more possible without dupe bugs appearing).

- Changed the Trigger/Camera window to be in line with the rest. Increased size of the camara preview and text size of it.

- Changed the Tip and Offer windows to be in line with the rest. These now have a header similar to the rest and bigger buttons.

- Changed the size of the Radial menu items. More size for the icons and the text is now below and has a bigger font and more space to show. Makes the radial menu easier to operate.

0505682B4509E112E3A2DF43813FF0063C367D81

588B3222B781FA93CC41D5A7B7B014AF90CC1928

E42C58E44C9231CC4D9E9153FD92BC40212C6F4E

A1FA63459CB93FE8A6F8CDFBBA3D504AEFA54623

AA4FA88AE81D48CA09AF40B92D46BE453A6ED1C3

7A56678CDBDC81DEE0F55CC951465F8BB06AD231

Archived