No Sleeper Respawn

FiftyTifty

You finished? Damn dude, that was quick! Nice work.

It wasn't complex at all to do, fortunately. It only took us a while because none of us knew how to work with Harmony, as there's no documentation on it. Just had to remove the instructions that called Reset() within SleeperVolume's UpdatePlayerTouched() function, and re-use a label. Simple, easy, and it works.

Best part? It's completely compatible with quests, as their calls to reset a sleeper volume within a POI are untouched.

So that was your practice project, what's your real one? :)

I've several ideas in mind:

1. Expose the variables related to light distance, fall-of, sunlight intensity, ambient lighting intensity, etc., to a user-editable file.

2. Completely remove the levelling system. Perhaps have the players' levels be dictated by the current day. So players will be given a level every half a day at first, then progressively increasing the amount of time to wait before the next level is granted.

3. Have hordes continuously move, over time increasing the number of zombies in the horde. My current plan for this is to have a unique screamer that seeks out the player, no matter how far away they are. The more time that passes, the more zombies that will be attracted by the Screamer.

Greetings FiftyTifty :D

Really like what you've done here and it's about time we had the option to remove sleeper respawning completely, great work dude! I also thought that it made zero sense how a house you cleared out becomes full of sleepers a few days later on, unless you're playing on a large MP server with a smaller map. Once they're gone, they should stay gone for good unless new ones walk in whilst you're there :)

I was wondering, could I get your permission to use this modlet as part of the Dead Rising modpack? I will of course give credit where it is due on the main forum thread and in anywhere else I use it. If I have permission I will get this rolled out in the next update :D

Greetings FiftyTifty :D

Really like what you've done here and it's about time we had the option to remove sleeper respawning completely, great work dude! I also thought that it made zero sense how a house you cleared out becomes full of sleepers a few days later on, unless you're playing on a large MP server with a smaller map. Once they're gone, they should stay gone for good unless new ones walk in whilst you're there :)

I was wondering, could I get your permission to use this modlet as part of the Dead Rising modpack? I will of course give credit where it is due on the main forum thread and in anywhere else I use it. If I have permission I will get this rolled out in the next update :D

Ya ya, do whatever you want with the mod. It's all good.

Very nice mod, thanks for sharing :)

one request, is it possible to make it so it only delay respawn with something like 24 hour, not completely disable it?

The original respawn time is either 4, or 5 days. If you wanted it to be 1 day, you'd have to change the if check somehow, whereas I just removed the instructions.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi!

I cannot get this to work. I am getting this error in the DMT tool. Please help! :)

j: \ SteamLibrary \ SteamApps \ common \ 7 Days To Die \ 7DaysToDie_Data \ Managed \ Assembly-CSharp.dll: error CS1704: A composition with the same simple name Assembly-CSharp, Version = 0.0.0.0, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = null has already been imported. Try removing one of the references or signing them to allow for side-by-side driving.
Failed to compile Harmony dll Harmony-No Sleeper Respawn.dll
Build failed

process exited with error code -1

• 4 weeks later...
It doesn't work for 18.3, but the mod author has gone back to 17.4, so I wouldn't expect an update anytime soon.

Yes, I read that yesterday. :( I am not familiar with harmony script so no clue at all how it works. And I do not even know what has changed with the sleepers between 18.2 and 18.3. I thought they were untouched.

Oh no, this isn't working? It was one of my favorite mods. I always have this included and loot respawn off. It doesn't make sense to go through the same poi over and over, when there's so many other pois left on the map in single player.

TY for the information, Tristam.

Oh no, this isn't working? It was one of my favorite mods. I always have this included and loot respawn off. It doesn't make sense to go through the same poi over and over, when there's so many other pois left on the map in single player.

TY for the information, Tristam.

Hey, as this is not being maintained, I've made a working version here:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?160069-StayClear-(No-Sleeper-Respawn)-18-3-tested

Archived