Backpack Buttons A18! (Stash All, Stash Stack, Stash Stack Smart)

KhaineGB

Remember the backpack buttons mod I did for A17?

Well this is the A18 version. :) Functionality has changed since TFP actually included the buttons already in the DLL, but they are disabled. So, you now have Stash All (does what it says), Stack All (only moves items to fill stacks) and Stash Smart (moves items to a container if that container already has a stack or partial stack of that item. Will make new stacks). There is also a box with numbers in it. This box LOCKS the amount of slots shown (default 0) so they are not affected when you click any of the buttons. It caps at 45, which is the entire, vanilla-sized backpack.

Since the code is already present in the DLL, this is just an XML mod + some new button icons so you can clearly see what they are. No SDX needed. I have also tested it with my 60/96 slot bigger backpack mods and it's working fine.

Download link is here and I will talk to SphereII to see about making it available on the launcher for ease of install.

Enjoy! :)

Running a dedicated server.

Not sure if I am "installing" it right.

I put the KHA18-BackpackButtons folder and all sub folders in the MODS folder. - is that correct?

At present the buttons do not show for any of the clients. No errors have been generated by server.

FYI installed the KHPickupPlants MOD same way and is working fine.

Thanks

Buttons only show when a container is OPEN.

ALso, because the buttons are using new images, the CLIENT needs it installed. Servers dont push images.

Ahh then that is it. I did not have it installed on the client.

Thanks for the insight, and appreciate your work.

I am seeing the buttons to lock slots from being moved with the stash buttons, but I am not seeing the stash buttons themselves? Now, I am a dumbass, so i am probably just staring right at them, but missing them, somehow? I am using b139. I am not using any other storage/backpack mods.

I am seeing the buttons to lock slots from being moved with the stash buttons, but I am not seeing the stash buttons themselves? Now, I am a dumbass, so i am probably just staring right at them, but missing them, somehow? I am using b139. I am not using any other storage/backpack mods.

Is this on a server? if so you have to install the mod on your client as well because the button images won't auto download to your PC. At least that's what they said to me. I haven't been able to check it out yet since I am at work.

Oh... the buttons are there, for me, just the same color as the windows title background, so you can't see them until you mouse-over the invisible buttons.

- - - Updated - - -

I am using these on a server, so I will install on my client. So, it won't hurt anything to have this on the server, but if people want to see the buttons, they will need to have this installed on their client. Got it!

I honestly wouldn't be able to play without this mod anymore after using it. Probably one of the most useful QoL mods around

Yeah, I do agree. Wish that the icons would auto download to clients of the server, but that's not on the MOD but how the game handles them.

I mean, I could change it to use icons already present in the game if folks have suggestions for appropriate icons. :)

Honestly I love your icons... they are very intuitive, and I wouldn't know what other icons to suggest since I don't know of a list of icons in game. Kind of you to think about making a change.

Hi!

I liked more the old mod (which I believe is the one included in Ravenhearst).

Any chance that the "smart stack" dumps into the chest matching items, even if the stacks in the chest are complete? That feature was amazing, and now it is not included :(.

EDIT: Sorry, it is included, but now separated in 2 buttons instead of one.

As far as I know, the one Jax has in RH is custom code made by one of his devs.

This one is code already included in the game. I just turned it on and gave it custom icons.

But... why wasn't it active in A18 from the start o_o....

Thank you very much for making a modlet to enable it, but having the function and not enabling it by default is hurting my head.

Archived