Valmars A18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE DYE STATION - DYE YOUR ARMOR

Fixed armors so now has armor rating; effective resistance; item level; etc.

Thanks to -

ScottS
    Last edited by stallionsden; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

UPDATED VALMARS ARMORY WORKBENCH

Changed weight of sewing kit to 10
      Added weight to tanning rack and Welding Torch
      Changed material type of Tanning rack to Mleather
      Changed material of Welding Torch to Msteel

Thanks to -

F4tjs

Comment

The REAL question is this: Is there anyone running a server with this? I have been a Valmod fan for ages and i really prefer playing with other people around, in one way or another

Comment

Oh and one more idea - Maybe tone down the starting equipment a bit? Starting out with purple and blue stuff really isnt great imo and takes away from the experience of finding your first non-common item, if you already got ♥♥♥♥ thats way better.

Comment

Originally posted by Winterchill View Post
            The REAL question is this: Is there anyone running a server with this? I have been a Valmod fan for ages and i really prefer playing with other people around, in one way or another
            I dont know sorry if there is a server with vals mods on it .

Comment

Oh and one more idea - Maybe tone down the starting equipment a bit? Starting out with purple and blue stuff really isnt great imo and takes away from the experience of finding your first non-common item, if you already got ♥♥♥♥ thats way better.
              Hmmmm the starter packs is like the kinda stuff you did prior to the world going to poo poo. So your very experienced in that area. so say you were a builder. your not gonna have crappy newbie stuff cause you been building for 50 years you have top notch ♥♥♥♥ lol.

If you were a military guy you would have access to the best gear when the apoc happened etc. Welcome to edit and remove items you dont feel fits your game style.

Comment

Originally posted by stallionsden View Post

Hmmmm the starter packs is like the kinda stuff you did prior to the world going to poo poo. So your very experienced in that area. so say you were a builder. your not gonna have crappy newbie stuff cause you been building for 50 years you have top notch ♥♥♥♥ lol.

If you were a military guy you would have access to the best gear when the apoc happened etc. Welcome to edit and remove items you dont feel fits your game style.
                All im saying is i think it destroys the idea of it - And it wasnt like that when Valmar did it either, only after doing class quests would you get one or two items of green quality, that was based on your class. Imo, that made it much more enjoyable and i have a feeling most people would agree with that. Whats the point in playing when you can start with top tier gear, just by picking a class at level 1? Anyway, thats my 2 cents about it and it was just a suggestion. I COULD go into why you wouldnt have access to all that stuff after the apocalypse happened if you'd like me to, but needless to say, soldiers do not have access to m60 machine guns - nor do bruisers, i believe thats one of the classes i tested.

Comment

After playing around with it a bit, i have quite a bit of ideas to how this could be improved and get closer to the original Valmod. If you are interested, drop me a PM and we can discuss it, maybe its something you'd wanna work on

Comment

All im saying is i think it destroys the idea of it - And it wasnt like that when Valmar did it either, only after doing class quests would you get one or two items of green quality, that was based on your class. Imo, that made it much more enjoyable and i have a feeling most people would agree with that. Whats the point in playing when you can start with top tier gear, just by picking a class at level 1? Anyway, thats my 2 cents about it and it was just a suggestion. I COULD go into why you wouldnt have access to all that stuff after the apocalypse happened if you'd like me to, but needless to say, soldiers do not have access to m60 machine guns - nor do bruisers, i believe thats one of the classes i tested.
                    I tried to individualize the classes so each had something unique. Happy to hear your ideas and wasnt attacking you. It also depends on at what period of the apocalypse your in so at the start your gear is gonna be top notch, remembering your not finding these starter class stuff but you have it on you at your home etc. so yes if you were a builder your gonna have great items, If you were a teacher and you tried to be a builder i guess you wouldnt. But it also depends on how your game fits. not everyone will like your way not everyone will like mine etc. So easy to just push one out and have those whom download it edit it to their own tastes.

You are also able to edit it for your game play to your liking as well. I not gonna release multiple versions of the same thing to make everyone happy lol just release a base one then each person can edit it to suit their game play as well.

But yeh feel free to remove the grade a loot which will make it basic stuff if thats how you like it etc :-)

Comment

deleted

Comment

Also this isnt valmod these are his individual modlets. When valmar returns he will regain this thread and his modlets and he can make the overhauls. I simply had his permission to update them and post them.

Comment

Also this isnt valmod these are his individual modlets. When valmar returns he will regain this thread and his modlets and he can make the overhauls. I simply had his permission to update them and post them.
                          I fully get that, thats why i was thinking that you try to make it more in line with how VAlmod actually used to be. I have absolutely no idea how to edit that stuff, but i will figure it out if required. My idea is tho downscale the tiers and make them a bit more, sensible, for lack of a better word. Like, a builder starts with basic clothing, a ♥♥♥♥ty shotgun and no shells, a junky pickaxe and a forge and other stuff,. where a bruiser starts with a full set of blue/purple armor, blue steel sledgehammer and a M60 machine gun. Im not sure how the new skill system and all that works, but back then, when you read your class paper (Contain in the class suitcase), it provided skill points in relevant skills - Like for a rifleman, you got 30 into rifles and a headshot perk and some other stuff, a builder got 30 construction tools etc. Thats how your past life reflected, not by having top tier gear. Further more, there was also a class quest for each class, i believe in 3 steps, each rewarding more bullets or new tools etc. Hell you still need to do the starter quests, something that was also edited in valmod, so you skipped the parts like making clothing and a bow, since you were provided weapons and armor. I just think there is a lot of room for improvement and i'd be happy to help out, in any way that i am able

Comment

I fully get that, thats why i was thinking that you try to make it more in line with how VAlmod actually used to be. I have absolutely no idea how to edit that stuff, but i will figure it out if required. My idea is tho downscale the tiers and make them a bit more, sensible, for lack of a better word. Like, a builder starts with basic clothing, a ♥♥♥♥ty shotgun and no shells, a junky pickaxe and a forge and other stuff,. where a bruiser starts with a full set of blue/purple armor, blue steel sledgehammer and a M60 machine gun. Im not sure how the new skill system and all that works, but back then, when you read your class paper (Contain in the class suitcase), it provided skill points in relevant skills - Like for a rifleman, you got 30 into rifles and a headshot perk and some other stuff, a builder got 30 construction tools etc. Thats how your past life reflected, not by having top tier gear. Further more, there was also a class quest for each class, i believe in 3 steps, each rewarding more bullets or new tools etc. Hell you still need to do the starter quests, something that was also edited in valmod, so you skipped the parts like making clothing and a bow, since you were provided weapons and armor. I just think there is a lot of room for improvement and i'd be happy to help out, in any way that i am able
                            Taken on board. I am currently going thru going to make a few new classes also to add onto this so more areas to do.

IF you make all classess diff like one has the better gear the other everyone will pick that one instead

Comment

Taken on board. I am currently going thru going to make a few new classes also to add onto this so more areas to do.

IF you make all classess diff like one has the better gear the other everyone will pick that one instead
                              Indeed, thats why when they used skills points and things belng locked further in, thus you had to be level 20 to get the ability to make a Forge or Wood Frames, unless you were a Miner to get the forge unlocked at level 1 and the builder had wood frames unlocked at level one - Thats when things were locked by a certain amount of skill points, like 20 in construction and 20 in Mining Tools. That made all classes useful, in their own way for a good amount of time - How hard would it be to implement skill ranks again, like Mining Tools, Construction Tools, Rifles, Blades 0-100 etc and have things locked behind those ranks? I know Ravenhearst uses those ranks, but they are passive there, so you cant level them with exp, only by using the skill

Comment

I just think that, right now, there is zero reason to pick the builder to get a free forge, when any class can pretty much just spend their exp to unlock it at level 1 and then Waltz around in full blue/purple stuff, by picking the Bruiser class instead

Comment

Working...
                                X