MeanCloud's Mining modlet (A18) with copper, zinc, and excavators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grolbu View Post
    Edit : having played a bit more trying stuff out it seems that all of those other blocks can be tossed into the forge where they'll turn into something useful - is that correct ? Cheers.
    Everything except for asphalt, which is only useful as a building tool for paving. If you don't want to build with it, you can just toss it away.

Comment

So I have a player on our server who is insisting that he cannot find the nodes for coal and is instead getting zinc, he is convinced that coal has been replaced. So where are the prime spots to find each node/vein in the game?

Comment

Hey my friends and I installed the mod no issue but we're trying to figure out why we can't find coal nodes/veins anymore, we can only find zinc no matter how hard we look. If I were to just be lazy and apply a blue filter over say copper's deco.jpg, would that change it in the game? I know I'd need to give them each the edited .jpg if it does but we're looking to have an easy time, appearance doesn't matter to us.

Also some instructions on the mod on how to use the excavator would be appreciated. We're not sure how it works, we've left it out on the ground on all sorts of places and it doesn't generate anything.

Comment

Sweet, thank you Is there a capacity limit for materials in the forge or can I keep throwing things in there basically forever ?

Comment

Originally posted by Grolbu View Post
            Sweet, thank you Is there a capacity limit for materials in the forge or can I keep throwing things in there basically forever ?
            The game limit is 30,000. I have a modlet that expands it to 1,000,000 (works for copper and zinc as well).

Comment

Awesome

Comment

hello, so when I use this I get some wrn, will this hurt the game or is it ok?

2019-11-03T23:28:22 253.057 WRN XML patch for "biomes.xml" from mod "MeanCloud's Mining for A18" did not apply: <append xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name='snow']/layers/layer[@depth='10']"
                2019-11-03T23:28:22 253.057 WRN XML patch for "biomes.xml" from mod "MeanCloud's Mining for A18" did not apply: <append xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name='snow']/subbiome/layers/layer[@depth='10']"
                2019-11-03T23:28:22 253.057 WRN XML patch for "biomes.xml" from mod "MeanCloud's Mining for A18" did not apply: <append xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name='pine_forest']/layers/layer[@depth='10']"
                2019-11-03T23:28:22 253.058 WRN XML patch for "biomes.xml" from mod "MeanCloud's Mining for A18" did not apply: <append xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name='pine_forest']/subbiome/layers/layer[@depth='10']"
                2019-11-03T23:28:22 253.058 WRN XML patch for "biomes.xml" from mod "MeanCloud's Mining for A18" did not apply: <append xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name='wasteland']/layers/layer[@depth='1']"
                2019-11-03T23:28:22 253.058 WRN XML patch for "biomes.xml" from mod "MeanCloud's Mining for A18" did not apply: <append xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name='wasteland']/layers/layer[@depth='10']"
                2019-11-03T23:28:22 253.058 WRN XML patch for "biomes.xml" from mod "MeanCloud's Mining for A18" did not apply: <append xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name='wasteland']/subbiome/layers/layer[@depth='10']"
                2019-11-03T23:28:22 253.058 WRN XML patch for "biomes.xml" from mod "MeanCloud's Mining for A18" did not apply: <append xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name='burnt_forest']/layers/layer[@depth='10']"
                2019-11-03T23:28:22 253.058 WRN XML patch for "biomes.xml" from mod "MeanCloud's Mining for A18" did not apply: <append xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name='city']/layers/layer[@depth='10']"

Comment

It means, the ores will not be generated underground. Did you start a new map? Do you use any other mods which affect the biome creation?

I use this modlet without any issues, no errors or warnings at world creation.

Comment

Ok I’ll take a look

Comment

Did you skip the Prefabs step?

Comment

no, I found the problem it the smxhud modlet im using your mod loads fine but when I add the smxhud I get the wrn, I was wondering if they could be made compatible, what would I have to change or could I add the smxhud files to your files?

----Up Date----
                        I tried to combined them but it didn't work. but for some reason the biomes will not load with or with out modlets in, I do have the prefabs in and I start a new game every time I try.
                        Last edited by dragonslayer770; 11-04-2019, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Maybe you could provide a full outputlog.txt? I don't see a reason why a hud modlet should affect the biomes creation.

Comment

Ok at work know will put them up when I get home

Comment

I'm sure further up the log you'll find conflicts with the forge -- I'm guessing the HUD mod is changing the forge inputs (there needs to be 8, not 6).

Comment

Originally posted by RinVindor View Post
                                Hey my friends and I installed the mod no issue but we're trying to figure out why we can't find coal nodes/veins anymore, we can only find zinc no matter how hard we look. If I were to just be lazy and apply a blue filter over say copper's deco.jpg, would that change it in the game? I know I'd need to give them each the edited .jpg if it does but we're looking to have an easy time, appearance doesn't matter to us.

Also some instructions on the mod on how to use the excavator would be appreciated. We're not sure how it works, we've left it out on the ground on all sorts of places and it doesn't generate anything.
                                You can't apply a filter to a mesh texture. The images are just for admins to know what 3D entity they're placing and are not indicative of the color of the texture. I tested it thoroughly and did get multiple nodes (coal vs copper, zinc vs. pot. nitrate).

The excavators are automatic. You should notice them do something after 5-10 minutes of gameplay if you're in the area. 15+ minutes if you're unlucky. If they aren't, you should post your log.

Comment

Working...
                                X