Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MeanCloud's Mining modlet (A18) with copper, zinc, and excavators

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    Originally posted by Asderia View Post
    I installed the Mod 1.02 on A18.1 B6 and i finde the ores, but there are no icons in the inventory, it only shows the number and when I do a mouseover it shows resourceZink or resourceCopper
    Sounds like you didn't install the mod locally, you only installed it on the server. Scroll to the main post and read it again.

    Comment


      #62
      Originally posted by psouza4 View Post
      Sounds like you didn't install the mod locally, you only installed it on the server. Scroll to the main post and read it again.
      Installed it the wrong way, now it works. Thanks

      Comment


        #63
        Our group has been using this mod and honestly we can't live without it now so thanks! Though I do have ONE request, can we have a new tool or something (maybe the Rock Crusher) that can break down all the blocks of land that we get like stone and fertile soil? It'd be a nice little way to score some sand.

        Comment


          #64
          Originally posted by RinVindor View Post
          Our group has been using this mod and honestly we can't live without it now so thanks!
          Awesome, glad to hear!


          Originally posted by RinVindor View Post
          Though I do have ONE request, can we have a new tool or something (maybe the Rock Crusher) that can break down all the blocks of land that we get like stone and fertile soil? It'd be a nice little way to score some sand.
          With the sole exception of Asphalt, all of the blocks produced by the excavators can already be broken down in either the rock crusher or smelted in the forge.

          Comment


            #65
            Originally posted by stallionsden View Post
            put this in your prefablist.txt in the reource folder of nitrogen -

            //deco_copper_vein,BIOMEONLY,2,-10,1,11,1,
            //deco_zinc_vein,BIOMEONLY,2,-10,1,11,1,
            For this custom POI to load, it would need to be more like that: (custom zones in the newest version of NitroGen)

            deco_copper_vein,BIOMEONLY,2,-10,1,11,1,custom_outback_size_3
            deco_zinc_vein,BIOMEONLY,2,-10,1,11,1,custom_outback_size_3

            To increase its amount, you can do something like this: (duplicate the lines, to increase the chance to show up)

            deco_copper_vein,BIOMEONLY,2,-10,1,11,1,custom_outback_size_3
            deco_copper_vein,BIOMEONLY,2,-10,1,11,1,custom_outback_size_3
            deco_copper_vein,BIOMEONLY,2,-10,1,11,1,custom_outback_size_3
            deco_copper_vein,BIOMEONLY,2,-10,1,11,1,custom_outback_size_3
            deco_zinc_vein,BIOMEONLY,2,-10,1,11,1,custom_outback_size_3
            deco_zinc_vein,BIOMEONLY,2,-10,1,11,1,custom_outback_size_3
            deco_zinc_vein,BIOMEONLY,2,-10,1,11,1,custom_outback_size_3
            deco_zinc_vein,BIOMEONLY,2,-10,1,11,1,custom_outback_size_3


            The last entry is a zone, you could also add this to another zone like:

            deco_copper_vein,BIOMEONLY,2,-10,1,11,1,custom_outback_size_3;downtown

            to show up inside of cities
            Last edited by Damocles; 11-12-2019, 04:28 AM.

            Comment


              #66
              Originally posted by Damocles View Post
              For this custom POI to load, it would need to be more like that: (custom zones in the newest version of NitroGen)

              deco_copper_vein,BIOMEONLY,2,-10,1,11,1,custom_outback_size_3
              deco_zinc_vein,BIOMEONLY,2,-10,1,11,1,custom_outback_size_3

              To increase its amount, you can do something like this: (duplicate the lines, to increase the chance to show up)

              deco_copper_vein,BIOMEONLY,2,-10,1,11,1,custom_outback_size_3
              deco_copper_vein,BIOMEONLY,2,-10,1,11,1,custom_outback_size_3
              deco_copper_vein,BIOMEONLY,2,-10,1,11,1,custom_outback_size_3
              deco_copper_vein,BIOMEONLY,2,-10,1,11,1,custom_outback_size_3
              deco_zinc_vein,BIOMEONLY,2,-10,1,11,1,custom_outback_size_3
              deco_zinc_vein,BIOMEONLY,2,-10,1,11,1,custom_outback_size_3
              deco_zinc_vein,BIOMEONLY,2,-10,1,11,1,custom_outback_size_3
              deco_zinc_vein,BIOMEONLY,2,-10,1,11,1,custom_outback_size_3


              The last entry is a zone, you could also add this to another zone like:

              deco_copper_vein,BIOMEONLY,2,-10,1,11,1,custom_outback_size_3;downtown

              to show up inside of cities
              Hmmm this worked for me lol. In previous versions of nitrogen. But ok thanks for the correction. I found zinc veins and all. But I have to say last play thru on latest nitrogen I haven't seen any
              Last edited by stallionsden; 11-12-2019, 05:31 AM.

              Comment


                #67
                Never Mind fixed it lol
                Last edited by stallionsden; 11-14-2019, 02:00 AM.

                Comment


                  #68
                  Originally posted by psouza4 View Post
                  Updated mod to v1.02.

                  A18.1 changed some of the probabilities of sub-biomes, which threw some warnings. While these warnings would not prevent the mod from working, it was causing the probability of copper and zinc ore to not spawn as frequently as it should.

                  Generate a new RWG game using v1.02 for a better distribution of ore. Keep in mind that zinc ore looks like potassium nitrate (they share appearance) and copper ore looks like lead ore (they also share appearance), since I'm not a 3D video game artist.

                  Fully tested with game version A18.1 b6.
                  My friend and I who normally drop in on each other's local games have just reverted to A18.0 stable (b155) because we got sick of the terrain resetting and taking our bases out that is happening with 18.1 stable - my local game is on a map that was generated with your mod v1.02, I presume I need to be running v 1.01 of the mod with a18b155 - will I need to generate a new map or will the map generated with 1.02 work with 1.01 ?

                  Cheers

                  Comment


                    #69
                    wich files nitrogen reads... .xml, csv, or wich and how to convert the list?

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Added the models for Copper and Zinc. The code for Blocks.xml is as follows.

                      <block name="oreCopperBoulder">
                      <property name="Extends" value="oreBoulderMaster"/>
                      <property name="Material" value="MoreMetal"/>
                      <property name="Model" value="#@modfolder:Resources/Metals.unity3d?Copper.prefab"/>
                      <!-- <property name="Model" value="Entities/Resources/oreLeadBoulderPrefab"/> it'd be nice if we had a custom mesh and texture for copper boulders... they look like lead boulders right now -->
                      <drop event="Harvest" name="resourceCopper" count="50" tag="oreWoodHarvest"/>
                      </block>

                      <block name="oreZincBoulder">
                      <property name="Extends" value="oreBoulderMaster"/>
                      <property name="Model" value="#@modfolder:Resources/Metals.unity3d?Zinc.prefab"/>
                      <!-- <property name="Model" value="Entities/Resources/oreNitrateBoulderPrefab"/> it'd be nice if we had a custom mesh and texture for zinc boulders... they look like nitrate powder boulders right now -->
                      <drop event="Harvest" name="resourceZinc" count="50" tag="oreWoodHarvest"/>
                      </block>

                      The link to the "Resources/Metals.unity3d" file is here

                      https://github.com/DelStryker/Delmod...anCloud_Mining

                      Peace.

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Updated many of my mods to A18

                        https://github.com/DelStryker/Delmod

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Originally posted by Del_Stryker View Post
                          Added the models for Copper and Zinc. The code for Blocks.xml is as follows.

                          <block name="oreCopperBoulder">
                          <property name="Extends" value="oreBoulderMaster"/>
                          <property name="Material" value="MoreMetal"/>
                          <property name="Model" value="#@modfolder:Resources/Metals.unity3d?Copper.prefab"/>
                          <!-- <property name="Model" value="Entities/Resources/oreLeadBoulderPrefab"/> it'd be nice if we had a custom mesh and texture for copper boulders... they look like lead boulders right now -->
                          <drop event="Harvest" name="resourceCopper" count="50" tag="oreWoodHarvest"/>
                          </block>

                          <block name="oreZincBoulder">
                          <property name="Extends" value="oreBoulderMaster"/>
                          <property name="Model" value="#@modfolder:Resources/Metals.unity3d?Zinc.prefab"/>
                          <!-- <property name="Model" value="Entities/Resources/oreNitrateBoulderPrefab"/> it'd be nice if we had a custom mesh and texture for zinc boulders... they look like nitrate powder boulders right now -->
                          <drop event="Harvest" name="resourceZinc" count="50" tag="oreWoodHarvest"/>
                          </block>

                          The link to the "Resources/Metals.unity3d" file is here

                          https://github.com/DelStryker/Delmod...anCloud_Mining

                          Peace.
                          I'll take a look at your models, thanks!

                          Are they custom-designed by you or are they licensed? How can they be legally redistributed?

                          (It looks like they may be from this: https://assetstore.unity.com/package...ee-rocks-13568 ?)
                          Last edited by psouza4; 11-26-2019, 07:07 PM.

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Originally posted by psouza4 View Post
                            I'll take a look at your models, thanks!

                            Are they custom-designed by you or are they licensed? How can they be legally redistributed?

                            (It looks like they may be from this: https://assetstore.unity.com/package...ee-rocks-13568 ?)
                            Yes, they are from Yughues, I just re-textured them to look more like Copper and Zinc. They are free and can freely be used.

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Updated mod to v1.03, which increases generation rate of copper and zinc boulders and uses Del_Stryker's models for copper and zinc. They look good, thanks Del_Stryker!

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Originally posted by psouza4 View Post
                                Updated mod to v1.03, which increases generation rate of copper and zinc boulders and uses Del_Stryker's models for copper and zinc. They look good, thanks Del_Stryker!
                                Right on, no worries. I just dig your mod alot and I find it super useful, and indispensable at this point. I just wanted to be able to see the different nodes as I drove around so I threw them together. Feel free to use them however you want.

                                Cheers,
                                Del

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X