MeanCloud's Cannabis A20

psouza4

spacer.png

INTRO & CREDIT:

Everyone needs a little downtime, right? Find, grow, and smoke your own cannabis. Sure, it'll make you a little hungry, but you sure take some punishment when you're high. This modlet adds seeds, plants, schematics, progression, buffs, and usable items.

DOWNLOAD & INSTALL:

Alpha 18: MeanCloud__Cannabis_v1.01.zip (version 1.01, 2020-03-20)

Alpha 19: MeanCloud__Cannabis_v1.02.zip (version 1.02, 2021-07-22)

Alpha 20: MeanCloud__Cannabis_v1.03.zip (version 1.03, 2022-01-02)

Download and extract this modlet to your 7 Days to Die Mods folder.

For Steam users, that's <steamdir>\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods (create 'Mods' if it doesn't exist).

USING THIS MOD:

To get started, start looting around until you find some cannabis seeds or (cannabis buds and the perk or recipe to craft seeds from it). Plant the seeds as you would any other and wait for your cannabis to grow.

spacer.png

Cannabis can be rolled into joints or smoked in bongs that you can craft or find.

spacer.png

Smoking cannabis joints will give you damage protection and a bit of fortitude for a few minutes. It'll also heal you (like weak painkillers), but you'll lose some perception and a bit of max stamina (got the munchies?) in exchange. The perception, fortitude, and damage protection effects are temporary. Smoking cannabis in a bong will give you a more potent effect.

spacer.png

NOTE FOR MULTIPLAYER:

The current version of Alpha 20 does not push localization data to users. If you are playing multiplayer (either hosting or via dedicated server), each player will need to install the cannabis mod themselves to get the proper descriptions of items, buffs, perks, etc. that this mod changes.

SUPPORT ME:

PayPal Donation if you enjoyed my work and want to encourage me to do more.

All of my modlets for 7 Days to Die.

Edited by psouza4
Updated to A20 (see edit history)

The plant models in the container you have pictured really need some work ;)

Other than that, you get an upvote from me!

It's because I'm not a graphic artist, haha! The 3D model assets are The Fun Pimps' models for hops (to make your own beer). I thought they looked a bit like a cannabis plant and ran with it.

Biggest issue with video and its sound it the version of Unity used for a18 is bugged as it relates to decreasing sound volume with distance. Thats why I have not released the TV mod for A18 yet.
I've noticed that... it's peculiar. If I turn my head to the right, it's almost inaudible, but I can walk straight back for quite some time before the volume fades. Ultimately, not the end of the world as far as an entertainment piece goes, but if this were combat or otherwise priority for the player to hear positionally, it'd be an issue :bi_polo:

It's because I'm not a graphic artist, haha! The 3D model assets are The Fun Pimps' models for hops (to make your own beer). I thought they looked a bit like a cannabis plant and ran with it.

There are some cool Marijuana plant assets on the unity store.. Was going to make a mod like this myself, but haven't ventured into that whole realm of modding in textures, models etc. Only XML modifications so far.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really like this mod you made.But MAX Stamina -10 and MAX Stamina -15 do not work.Item description should be Perception-1 and Perception-2.can you help me change the effects of CANNABIS JOINT and Bong according to my requirements? I researched but I failed.How to change the Health.please help me

Edited by Posionkiller (see edit history)

Ended up halving the probabilities of all the loot drops, since it was a bit much. BIOMES.XML for random world generation?

<configs>
<!-- Add wild taters, cannabis and hops to Pine Forest biome only -->
<append xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name='pine_forest']/decorations">
<decoration type="block" blockname="plantedPotato3Harvest" prob="0.0002"/>
<decoration type="block" blockname="plantedCannabis3Harvest" prob="0.0002"/>
<decoration type="block" blockname="plantedHop3Harvest" prob="0.0002"/>
</append>
</configs>

Hoping you get some free Unity models to hook up soon. That hops plant is no bueno, even with the tint change.

Edited by Cernwn (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There are some cool Marijuana plant assets on the unity store.. Was going to make a mod like this myself, but haven't ventured into that whole realm of modding in textures, models etc. Only XML modifications so far.

I'm working on it -- I am not familiar with Unity or working with or creating models, but I've got the basics down I think.

Here's an updated model I'm using in a debug version of the mod:

BQdpFGO.png.a46a71517773c198d02ab7e27ad4d192.png

I'm working on it -- I am not familiar with Unity or working with or creating models, but I've got the basics down I think.

Here's an updated model I'm using in a debug version of the mod:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"New Cannabis Plant Model in 7DtD","title":"New Cannabis Plant Model in 7DtD","data-attachmentid":"1721634","data-align":"none","data-size":"full"}[/ATTACH]

Hi psouza4

Nice model,Great job, keep it up

regards

Gouki

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/9/2020 at 4:44 PM, Gouki said:

The mod works fine for me with A19.2 stable, only some yellow warnings, but no errors.
But if you get to update the mod, it is better.

Regards

Yeah, it shouldn't take much. its like 3 warnings for some missing loot groups I think.

I've attempted contact on MeanCloud's Discord.  If they're ok with it (or I don't hear back for awhile) I might be able to tackle a few of these mods as they're not super old yet, so its easier to to update them before they get a few versions behind.

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Update: I haven't been able to make contact yet in these forums or in MeanCloud's Discord.  If anyone knows MeanCloud either personally or has another channel for communication, if you could let them know to send me a "ok/not ok" reply that would be welcomed :). I would really rather the author give the "ok" if I can get it.

I'm currently reorganizing my mods, and Khelldon's old ones, to make them work well with the 7D2D mod launcher and plan to get them on there. I do have a lot of little things of my own mods to work on, but if I don't hear back from MeanCloud in a while I'll try to take a stab at some converting some of his (that I can) to the latest a19 version (that have not been converted and posted above), or at least have an obvious place on Github that people can post/patch/download updated versions.  There are a few of these I'd like to play in my personal games so I do have an interest in updating some (but not all) of them.

(re-posting the standard response I have been using for several modlet threads)

FYI: I will be attempting to update MeanClouds modlets for a19+ (I have MeanClouds blessing :)).

They will be located here on GitHub

If anyone needs any a19+ updates for bug fixes for this modlet:

Desired: Please tag/message me in this thread, which I will be subscribed to catch new posts.

Optional: Post on my modlet page: Doughs Modlets

If you have created a bug fix and want to help keep the mods updated:

Desired: If you have a Github account: Submit the issue/bugfix/pull request on Github

Optional: If you do not have a Github account: Submit the files/xml to the places above

• psouza4 changed the title to MeanCloud's Cannabis A20