Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rabbit Of Caerbannog

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Mumpfy View Post
    well i sent soemthnig to Mjoelnir.hh so hope to see this evolving, keep it up.
    Thanks! Mjoelnir.hh provided the .unity.3d file to me and I've updated the mod on github. Check it out and let me know if it needs any tweaking!

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Mumpfy View Post
      ...well i sent soemthnig to Mjoelnir.hh so hope to see this evolving, keep it up.
      Originally posted by Mjoelnir.hh View Post
      ...I uploaded an updated version of your mod to one of my Google-Drives and sent you the link in a PM. Let me know what you think.
      Originally posted by doughphunghus View Post
      ...Mjoelnir.hh provided the .unity.3d file to me and I've updated the mod on github. Check it out and let me know if it needs any tweaking!

      Comment


        #18
        it does not attack in 18.3 exp .

        Comment


          #19
          That's weird. I'll look into it. Thanks for the info!

          Since it was originally supposed to be "guarding" a cave it has a pretty small "sense radius", and it *should* attack you if you attack it.

          Also: I was also thinking of updating it and adding the Holy Hand Grenade (it already exists in another modlet). Thinking if you can kill the rabbit once you can loot it for something unique to the modlet like "Caerbannog Blood" or heart/eye or something unique. Then you can craft 1 Holy Hand Grenade from that special part so when you find another rabbit you can use the grenade.
          Last edited by doughphunghus; 01-21-2020, 01:16 AM.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by doughphunghus View Post
            That's weird. I'll look into it. Thanks for the info!

            Since it was originally supposed to be "guarding" a cave it has a pretty small "sense radius", and it *should* attack you if you attack it.

            Also: I was also thinking of updating it and adding the Holy Hand Grenade (it already exists in another modlet). Thinking if you can kill the rabbit once you can loot it for something unique to the modlet like "Caerbannog Blood" or heart/eye or something unique. Then you can craft 1 Holy Hand Grenade from that special part so when you find another rabbit you can use the grenade.
            Cooll, thx, it makes sounds and come to me, but dont bite or attack. and yes cool idea. i have the holy working in my mod too .

            Comment


              #21
              I added the Holy grenade last night (made some small changes to it, made it only craft-able using flesh from a Caerbannog rabbit and other stuff so you kill one, you can craft one or two more, etc.), and tried getting the rabbit to attack and nothing I tried worked! Something weird and unknown to me has changed in the latest version of the game. I'm going to overhaul the rabbit XML (better document how I make it) and do more testing tonight. Hopefully I can get a working version out this weekend.

              FYI: I'm making the Holy Hand Grenade item in my mod "unique" so if you have another Holy Hand Grenade mod loaded (that can be looted, etc) they can both co-exist. It might be a bit weird that they both may behave differently (I dropped the explosion radius by 10 blocks due to it freezing the game for a a few seconds on explosion. I'll put it back if it feels too "weak")
              Last edited by doughphunghus; 01-25-2020, 10:57 PM.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by doughphunghus View Post
                I added the Holy grenade last night (made some small changes to it, made it only craft-able using flesh from a Caerbannog rabbit and other stuff so you kill one, you can craft one or two more, etc.), and tried getting the rabbit to attack and nothing I tried worked! Something weird and unknown to me has changed in the latest version of the game. I'm going to overhaul the rabbit XML (better document how I make it) and do more testing tonight. Hopefully I can get a working version out this weekend.

                FYI: I'm making the Holy Hand Grenade item in my mod "unique" so if you have another Holy Hand Grenade mod loaded (that can be looted, etc) they can both co-exist. It might be a bit weird that they both may behave differently (I dropped the explosion radius by 10 blocks due to it freezing the game for a a few seconds on explosion. I'll put it back if it feels too "weak")
                will wait for it

                Comment


                  #23
                  You're just in time. I just updated it. It should work now!

                  I believe that the issue is that the way "timid" animals and "hostile" animals was changed slightly. For some reason if I made it the proper "rabbit" class it stopped attacking. Changed it to a generic class, and kinda also gave it an overhaul. It now jumps (like a spider zombie), but sometimes it looks a little weird as the rabbit model was not really made for jumping like that. It looked "right" about 1/2 of the time it jumped. the other 1/2 it jumped while it was standing up and looking

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by doughphunghus View Post
                    You're just in time. I just updated it. It should work now!

                    I believe that the issue is that the way "timid" animals and "hostile" animals was changed slightly. For some reason if I made it the proper "rabbit" class it stopped attacking. Changed it to a generic class, and kinda also gave it an overhaul. It now jumps (like a spider zombie), but sometimes it looks a little weird as the rabbit model was not really made for jumping like that. It looked "right" about 1/2 of the time it jumped. the other 1/2 it jumped while it was standing up and looking
                    Many thx.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      wow. That's gotta be the part of Twin Peaks I missed that "Tied it all together"

                      Comment


                        #26
                        hello is there certain areas the rabbit spaws at night ? i have yet to see it yet unless im doing something wrong

                        18.3 (B4)

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Hi!
                          You're correct, the rabbit doesn't spawn very often currently and only does so based on certain internal game stage numbers being reached. The mod was initially so it would spawn in caves (like 50/50 chance or something) and when I found out caves had been removed (temporarily?) I just threw in something so it would be uncommon and slightly controlled (gated by gamestages).

                          However...
                          I've been playing a game with all my mods, and a lot of others, and I haven't seen it either. Its likely that if it does spawn as part of a horde it might just hop away and not track like the Z's. I think animals/Z's will be despawned if you leave the area for too long so it might just disappear. Since I do hope caves come back, I'd like to keep the "core behavior" of the mod to be "the rabbit is rare and unexpected" because, quite frankly, its kind of a killing machine if it spots you first.

                          However...
                          I would like to fight it "naturally" as a way to test it out in my own game. I'll see if I can cobble together an "override" mod that will cause it to spawn more often for those who want it to be more of a menace When I post it all you'll need to do is add this override modlet to your existing Mods folder with the existing one, and I don't think it will mess up an existing game. It shouldn't take long

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Annnnd...a new modlet is born (awww!)
                            Makes rabbit spawn more frequently but not super high though, mostly < 2% or less chance of spawning normally. Low chances where regular animals spawn, higher chances (up to 7%) in the wastelands. Spawns in some hordes.

                            Added to my modlets page in the forums: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...Doughs-modlets
                            Which links to Github: https://github.com/doughphunghus/Dou...sALot/releases

                            I did not test this much, just proved it spawns in the wastelands/loads properly. If you try it out let me know if its "too much" or "too little" spawning. All feedback/testing/results is welcome!
                            Last edited by doughphunghus; 02-01-2020, 04:21 AM.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Thank you so much for the info. Starting to get used to this little by little haha

                              Comment


                                #30
                                This is awesome and working in A18.4 I put them on my server and changed their color back to normal to confuse players for the next 24 hrs April Fools. They are going to wonder how and why they were killed by a rabbit. LOL

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X