Winter Project 2019

sphereii

Welcome to the Winter Project 2019 by sphereii and xyth

After many delays, the Winter Project 2019 arrived just in time to be fashionably late.

Enter in our cold and unforgiving world buried under a snow apocalypse. Find new challenges as you explore the desolate icy wasteland, and see if you can unlock Winter Project's secrets...

The following Pre-generated worlds are provided for faster loads:

Winter Project 4K

Winter Project 6K

Winter Project 8K

Navezgane and Random Gen should generate correctly now.

Thank you to the following Modlet creators who helped shape out the world with their modlets:

Donovan's Better Bridges, Better Spears, Craft Jail and Craft Spikes modlets.

TormentedEmu's GUI Manager for Localization support for A18.2

JaxTeller718 for his Charcola, Eggs in Fridges, More Feathers, Working Stoves and Zombie Hand Adjustments

Mean Cloud's Scrap Bone Knives

Atlas' More Vanilla Food

Oignon's Vehicles Pack, Sittable Furniture, and his Gore Mod

bdubyah's Rebar Club, and Wasteland Weapons

Stallionsden's Lootable Objects, Store Shelves, and his prots of Valmar's Expanded ammo types and cooking bowls

War2zuk's Disassemble Ammo

Special thanks goes to Mumpfy for his texturing work.

DOWNLOAD:

Available in the 7D2D Mod Launcher's sphereii-mental section.

To Build and run Winter Project manually, you will need to use the DMT Tool, and download the following repos:

- https://github.com/SphereII/WinterProject-2019

- https://gitlab.com/sphereii/winter-project-2019

The GitLab link includes pre-generated worlds.

Note: This mod is only compatible with Alpha 18.3.

One of these things are off for me and I'm confused. On my manual install, I'm missing something somewhere and need halp :livid: Any tidbots thrown my way are appreciated =) ~typo stays in honour of the fleet of robots coming in A19~

1. Is this compatible with the latest exp 18.3-b3?

2. Do I need to drop any files into the 7dtd game folder?

3. The DMT mod folder path points to which folder?

4. There are 2 Winter Project Menu folders in the Mods folder. One is zipped. Does one of them go somewhere else?

5. Do the Pregen Worlds (4-6-8k) go into the game's Data>Worlds folder?

Thank you kindly.

Main WP folder for reference:

WInterProject-2019-master.jpg.43172ddf6ad8a34bd99873c6ea616625.jpg

One of these things are off for me and I'm confused. On my manual install, I'm missing something somewhere and need halp :livid: Any tidbots thrown my way are appreciated =) ~typo stays in honour of the fleet of robots coming in A19~

1. Is this compatible with the latest exp 18.3-b3?

2. Do I need to drop any files into the 7dtd game folder?

3. The DMT mod folder path points to which folder?

4. There are 2 Winter Project Menu folders in the Mods folder. One is zipped. Does one of them go somewhere else?

5. Do the Pregen Worlds (4-6-8k) go into the game's Data>Worlds folder?

Thank you kindly.

Main WP folder for reference:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31144[/ATTACH]

1) 0-SphereIICore needs a manual patched Music Box and Morte's spawner script. That Core is here: https://github.com/SphereII/SphereII.Mods/tree/Alpha18.3. Grab the 0-SphereIICore/Scripts/Blocks/BlockMortSpawner.cs and 0-SphereIICore/Scripts/MusicBoxes/MusicBox.cs

2) DMT can handle all the copying

3) Store the Winter Project 2019 download in a different folder than your target folder. You can copy the Winter Project's Worlds' folder in the same folder as the Winter Project 2019's Mods folder. in DMT, point the Mods folder to this folder, and you should see a listing of all the Mods.

4) Zip file can be ignored, and I'll clean it up this morning.

5) See 3. Or you can just manually copy the Mods folder content of that download into your target's mods folder. They'll show up in game.

That wasn't the log I was asking for, but it's the log I needed :)

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - SDX Downloaded. Checking SDX Dependencies.

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - DMT not available. Download failed. Attempting to load last game...

I see that. So DMT didn't download properly, so it didn't build Winter Project. I've never seen this part fail before, so looks like logs are lacking. Maybe some kind of firewall blocking it? Although looks like the rest of the mod is there. To install manually, you may be able to do something like this, until I add more debugging:

1) Download and extract: https://github.com/7D2DMods/DMTClient/archive/master.zip

2) Click on the button with the Three Dots to get to where the Mod Launcher installed winter project, and create a folder called SDXRepos

3) Copy the contents of the zip file into SDXRepos

SDXRepos/DMTViewer.exe, for example

4) Try re-starting the mod launcher and press Play on it.

That wasn't the log I was asking for, but it's the log I needed :)

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - SDX Downloaded. Checking SDX Dependencies.

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - DMT not available. Download failed. Attempting to load last game...

I see that. So DMT didn't download properly, so it didn't build Winter Project. I've never seen this part fail before, so looks like logs are lacking. Maybe some kind of firewall blocking it? Although looks like the rest of the mod is there. To install manually, you may be able to do something like this, until I add more debugging:

1) Download and extract: https://github.com/7D2DMods/DMTClient/archive/master.zip

2) Click on the button with the Three Dots to get to where the Mod Launcher installed winter project, and create a folder called SDXRepos

3) Copy the contents of the zip file into SDXRepos

SDXRepos/DMTViewer.exe, for example

4) Try re-starting the mod launcher and press Play on it.

Ok I will try, thank you for giving me a workaround.

Update: It works, thanks

I solved my problem by installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) from Microsoft website. You should probably mention this package as a dependency for Mod Launcher. Assuming the user may already have it or knows what to do may lead to bug reports like this lol

Archived