Telrics Story Time

Telric

Welcome to Telrics Story Time, a place for Telric to tell stories... in due time. Here you can find different modlets that offer new POIs with full stories and secrets within as well as new challenges. I will add these over time as I complete them. Since these are story mode style POIs, I will refrain from adding too many pictures and such, that could spoil any story or event within. These POIs are not day 1 POIs and will require ammo and other items in order to complete. Since these are modlets, it will make use of vanilla systems, so some things might seem a bit weird (like using a stone axe to upgrade a door using a key), but use some imagination... :)

These are modlets. Simply putting them into your Mods folder will be enough for them to work. You will need a whole new RWG world in order for these to spawn naturally. If you don't get a new RWG world, you'll have to manually place the prefab yourself.

To get these POIs to work efficiently, I had to set them to be a trader, so your starter quest may pin this as the closest trader.

Magisters Mansion

This modlet adds a mansion belonging to the great Giovani. Over time, it has become a haunted place. Rendezvous with Siera Nightstalker at the mansions entrance, follow and assist her, and find out just what happened to this place for it to become haunted.

*Even though this may be done during the day, I highly recommend doing it at night, as that is how the atmosphere of the mansion was developed. Some things might look strange during the day.*

Picture:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/777368064900244839/B07E5ED30F45A77753720705162423E1FDDF4F87/

Download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ptotkw2fv6qekhh/TelricsMagistersMansion.zip?dl=0

Spy Party

Go crash the party and save the day for everyone in this spy hunting POI. A spy has infiltrated a nice party and has plans to kill everyone there! It's up to you to look for clues as to what this spy might look like and poison them so they dont set the bomb off. Be careful though. If you poison an innocent party goer, the spy will notice and trigger the bomb, killing you. So have a good eye and mind about you when looking for clues!

Pictures:

A8B5143BA51D4E0A2B537B9F9320E8391D67653C

623CF1C094A13D8D10AA6169CAB0F081D2457E7B

Download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/02p25h3m65les5f/TelricsSpyParty.zip?dl=0

These POIs are only slightly tested. Only a couple people have messed around with them, so there could be a few kinks to work out, so... As always, if you find something that isn't working correctly, let me know. And be sure to check the comments for updates and such.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, i'm putting out an update for Magisters Mansion. Got some feed back and did a few changes...

I added a trader at the mansion. People were saying they'd like to find a trader there since the vanilla quest leads you to the POI.

I added the ghostly essence block as a decorative reward for the side quest.

The pizza party side quest has been reduced to 2 rawmeat instead of 1 charred meat.

Also reduced the number of bookcases that spawn so it's not as OP to get books.

Let me know if you have any more feedback!

The link has been updated in the OP.

Hey guys! I just released a new POI called Spy Party. This adds a Spy Party type minigame. Hunt for clues to find which zombie is the spy. Be careful not to poison an innocent party goer or the spy will trigger a bomb and kill you! Try it out and let me know how you like it! (This is a modlet, just drag and drop. It will require a new RWG to spawn when generating a world.)

I've also updated the mansion so it doesnt spawn an absolute ton of mansions when making a new world. It was spawning upwards of 70 magister mansion pois before.

As always, let me know if you come across some weirdness!

Hey guys! I just released a new POI called Spy Party. This adds a Spy Party type minigame. Hunt for clues to find which zombie is the spy. Be careful not to poison an innocent party goer or the spy will trigger a bomb and kill you! Try it out and let me know how you like it! (This is a modlet, just drag and drop. It will require a new RWG to spawn when generating a world.)

I've also updated the mansion so it doesnt spawn an absolute ton of mansions when making a new world. It was spawning upwards of 70 magister mansion pois before.

As always, let me know if you come across some weirdness!

Some weirdness ... there is one: Zombies are having a Party! Thats really ... weird :crushed:

• 2 weeks later...
you never know what zombies are doing when you aren't looking at them! :p

Yep, proof of concept WIP an all that. Getting a yellow warning from Magisters Mansion on startup:

WRN Block 'SieraNightstalkerCrouchIdle' over downgrade limit

WRN Block 'SieraNightstalkerCrouchIdle2' over downgrade limit

Was using an older copy of it, so will update to latest an give it another go. Yes, I understand it's just a warning, but I prefer to be 100% error free. *glares at TFP detail rendering shaders and Mono libraries*

• 4 months later...

Dude!  This was really cool.  Thank you. 

Well, just talking about Magisters Mansion.  Haven't tried Spy Party and still need to complete a gauntlet of Thumper.  But Mansion was a masterpiece.  I will spread the word!

Thank you!  MM was fun to make. Just wish i was better at prefabbing so i could make a way better environment with more puzzle features...

Ive seen some vids of people doing the spy party (thanks to Chiko for spreading the word about it to her community). They seemed to like it. Will say to clear the area before you enter, since zombies from outside can break walls and then release all the party goers out into the world.

Ill def be doing more of these type POIs in a19. Got one in the making right now, infact.

Archived