Doughs modlets

doughphunghus

Last Updates/News

a21 news: ALL my a21 mods are TBD/WIP and lightly tested (if you find a bugs, please let me know!).

Last 3 mod updates/added:

- Jan 14 2024: Added Doughs-InitialPlayerSpawn-AddSmallBundleWithT1Pistol, Doughs-InitialPlayerSpawn-RemoveMostVanillaStartingItems

- Jan 01 2024: Added Doughs-Zombies-AddBirdsThatAreNotReal, Doughs-Zombies-AddLeapingLizards, Doughs-Zombies-AddSomeThatDropBlocksOnDeath

- Nov 03-04 2023: Testing+Documenting known compatibilities with Ravenhearst

Mod download repositories

Doughs Mods for a21 (WIP/under development)

github.com All Older than a21 and decommed mods.

7daystodiemods.com Descriptions and downloads for my mods can also be found here

nexusmods.com I may mirror some mods here.

Mods

a21 TBD/WIP: Mods here are converted for a21 AND *should* be "server side safe" UNLESS specifically noted/known.

The a21 mod(let)s mods below can be found/downloaded on my github site (above) or click on the mod name to go to its page on 7daystodiemods.com. For usage/licensing notes see the LICENSE file in the github repository the mod is in.

Mod Name ~ Additional Info (if symbols, numbers, or letters are shown after the ~, see the lists below)

Ailment: Infection Is Random And Quicker ~ !DZ,!RH

Ailment: Fragile Leg Bones ~ DZ,JM

Ambiance: Dark Indoors ~ DZ,JM,*RH(11)

Ambiance: Dark Nights ~ DZ,!JM,*RH(11)

Ambiance: Whole Lotta Fog ~ DZ,JM,*RH(11)

Backpack: Add Encumberance To All Slots ~ !DZ,!JM

Blocks: Lower Stability ~ 7, DZ,JM
Blocks: Lower Stacking Amounts

Food: Sous Chef Of The Apocalypse ~ 10, !DZ,!JM

Food: Sous Chef Of The Apocalypse - Client Icons ~ 3,12

Grenades: Add More Damage ~ 4, DZ,JM

Initial Player Spawn: Add Small Bundle With T1 Pistol

Initial Player Spawn: Remove Most Vanilla Starting Items

Items: Lower Stacking Amounts

Lights: Harder To Craft ~ DZ,JM

Newbie Coat: Remove ~ !RH(13)

Pipe Bombs: Add More Damage ~ 4, DZ,JM

UI: Add Lower Loot Percentage Options ~ JM,!RH

UI: Add More DayLight Hours Options ~ DZ,JM,!RH

UI: Remove Compass Points ~ JM

UI: Remove Day And Time ~ 9, !DZ,JM,!RH

UI: Remove Entity HP Bar But Show Name ~ 6

UI: Remove Environmental Tool Tips ~ 8

UI: Remove Player Items From Compass ~ JM

UI: Remove The Map By Obscuring It ~ DZ,JM,RH

Weather: Core ~ DZ,JM

Zombies: Add Birds That Are Not Real
Zombies: Add Leaping Lizards
Zombies: Add Some That Drop Blocks On Death ~ 4

Craft-SantaHat ~ Placeholder. Not Converted for a21 yet! Status: Will not convert unless someone wants it.

Electric-CapacitorBank ~ Placeholder. Not Converted for a21 yet! Status: May convert/test

UIAddFiveRecipeIngredients ~ Placeholder. Not Converted for a21 yet! Status: Will not convert unless someone wants it.

RabbitOfCaerbannog ~ 3. Placeholder. Not Converted for a21 yet! Status: May convert/test

YouveGotMail ~ Placeholder. Not Converted for a21 yet! Status: Will not convert unless someone wants it.

Symbols:

! = NOT. Reverses the condition immediately after it. Example: !DZ means NOT compatible with District Zero

* = Caveats, see list below

*Possibly* and/or *Appears* compatible with Large Mod/Overhaul UNLESS a ! symbol is before it (in mods list above):

DZ = District Zero, lightly playtested on v1.1.1

JM = Joke Mod, lightly playtested on v3.0.0.0

RH = Ravenhearst Mod, lightly playtested on v9.1.0

Known Incompatibility/issue/requirement list:

1. See issue X on github.

2. Known to be incompatible with non overhaul Mod 'X'. See issue X on github

3. Is this mod server side safe?: NO. It has custom resources which are not synced to clients from the server.

4. Is this mod server side safe?: WARNING. Some of these items do significant block damage.

5. Reserved.

6. REQUIRES loading a mod turning on the HP bar! Only tested with KhaineGB's HP-Bars mod, but there are a few more that turn this feature on.

7. Is this mod server side safe?: WARNING. Buildings/POIs can be easily/accidentally collapsed, which may look like drop mining.

8. Mod requires you to edit the mod XML to work as desired/properly.

9. Mod has known oddities that cannot be modded out or use a known workaround. Read the mod docs.

10. Mod requires some biomes to be present for full functionality. Edit biomes.xml if you play a custom map with fewer than all biomes.

11. WARNING: Known variable/config conflict exists but my mod *may* work as documented but you may have to rename my mod to load after this mod if you want to attempt it. This will override the configs in the referenced parent mod which may cause unintended effects (may introduce incompatibilities or break things)!

12. Requires another mod to be loaded before this mod. See mod documentation.

13. Mod basically has this exact functionality already or is very similar to it to some effect/level so loading my mod with it is pointless or not recommended.

Edited by doughphunghus
adding external links, reformatting, and cleanup (see edit history)

I like the idea with the weather stuff ... not really played much proper gaming time in A18 as I rarely get past the first day whilst testing my various modlets and stuff in A18 lol .

I had noticed in the little day events I do that there are no changes to weather and its always sunny in my games lol

Ragsy !!

I noticed the same thing too. The weather isn't really an issue to deal with most of the time. I wanted something where I had more control (I wanted to be able to trigger the rain, sun brightness, etc) but a lot of that's not accessible with the XML modlets.. From reading the forums, I guess in older versions of the game a lot of people complained a lot about it "raining for days" and "not being able to see anything" so maybe they tuned it down a bit.

I've also seen a few people asking for "snow in the forests" and other things. I'm thinking of adding more "override" modlets to override the core mod so you can choose your overall biome weather look/feel like "cold world" or "hot world". Since hot and cold are both generally buffered by the same clothing it doesn't really matter if you have both hot/cold in all the biomes (well, snow biome is likely going to need to be cold but you could have a "cold" desert). Maybe the snow on the ground could be colored to be grey so it could be wet ash or something so it could be hot.

Note: For the modlet "One Hour of Daylight (or 0 up to 24)", I originally made it 1 hour (and some options) up to 23 as I didn't think about 0 or 24 hours as options :). 0 hours is "Perpetual Twilight" for most of the time (it does get darker at times) and 24 hours would be "Perpetual Daylight" and I believe kills the blood moons (haven't tested as of now).

Anyway, Apparently other people have had this same idea for a modlet, so I didn't steal their idea on purpose/directly ;). My modlet only allows changes to the Daytime length settings. I found this modlet from Claymore which made me realize you could have 0 or 24 hours of daylight (which 0 is awesome IMHO and what I play now) so I updated mine after naming it "One Hour of Daylight"

Claymores "MORE OPTIONS" Modlet

Edited by doughphunghus
Removed broken emojo after 2020-02 website update (see edit history)

You're very welcome, buddy :) Glad you liked the option and yeah: It does make it feel more scary than having a sunny bright warming daytime most of the day. I have to admit: I never played with it that much. I created it just for shenanigans, to be honest :D

Its interesting because it changes the gameplay so much. Its so dark you really can't go into POI without a light, so you wither carry a torch and attach it to a wall (or use it as a weapon) so it's a lot harder and challenging, until you get a helmet with a light on it, then your hands are free to carry a weapon. Honestly, I'm thinking of making a mod to make it a *lot* harder to get/craft a helmet light to extend the time you have to spend lurking around holding a light. I have a game going (on day 6) and I had a mod added to let me have a flashlight + duct tape "helmet" and I kinda regret I did it as I realize how much it takes away from the creepiness.

Also: I'm on day 6, barely got a forge and workbench running. Found an underground bunker on Day 2 (just luck). I've looted about 6 small POI's. It *really* makes it more fun in the early game for those that like a challenge. As soon as you let go of a light source it turns pitch black indoors in a few seconds, most of the time. I went down into a mine and only brought 1 torch, died, and realized I respawned in my bunker...with 0 lights crafted or on me. Fumbled around in pitch black dark for like 10 minutes :)

• 4 weeks later...

Added new modlet: You've got Mail

Description: The mailman cometh! This modlet adds a bunch of "fun" items into the game that you can find in places where mail would be found (mailboxes, desks, dressers, trash) in order to add a bit of backstory to the residents of the city, the outbreak and fall of civilization, and a bit of much needed whimsy. This modlet is purposefully designed to not add any custom graphics/sounds. so at times you may have to be a bit imaginative. The idea spawned from the fact that some containers like mailboxes/desks/trash *should* be full of all sorts of interesting nonessential stuff that no one has looted and makes these places ideal for a place to find things relating to/about the former residents.

If anyone has any interest in me adding more to this modlet, please let me know! I have more ideas for stuff, I just wanted to get a working modlet posted. If you have any ideas or requests (that I can pull off) I'll try to entertain them. :)

Details: There are a few types of items in this modlet.

• 80+ "Fun? things to just read"
  • 50+ "Fun?, useless items"
  • 30+ "Parcels to open". Some actually contain useful things.
  • 4 Games to play: Soduku, Chess, Checkers, Tic-Tac-Toe
  • Weapons: BB gun

Things I might add when I have time, or if anybody generally requests "more stuff":

- More puzzles/games

- More fun weapon "reimaginations" + ammo

- More backstories

- More items (useful and useless), books, etc

- Quests with some storyline.

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)

I originally planned on adding quests to this, and a lot of other stuff, but I wanted to spend more time testing out how to make a decent quest (and a backstory) vs "find the loot, bring it back, get something". Right now it's a lot of XML for a single quest and I wanted to put some thought behind it (and testing).

Yeah, I kinda like finding junk (there are some other "junk" modlets around) as it makes you stop and deal with them and makes it a little more random vs "everything I find is useful". I kinda enjoy the "I'm starving... (opens cabinet) ..dammit, a paper bag and a pencil" :). I also find it a bit "dry" to be raiding people houses and not finding any evidence of "people".

Also: The games were more of a "hmmm" for me too. It's extra junk to find but has a purpose. I don't forsee people dedicating a lot of time to it, but it might be fun if you have a few hours at night and want to just do something funny. I made all the game boards basically out of glass so a single stray bullet/zombie/punch destroys the game ;)

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)

Added new modlet: Nerf Junk Turret

Description: This modlet makes the vanilla junk turret much less powerful, especially in early game. Hopefully only a high tier modded junk turret will actually be capable of causing real damage to enemies vs a warning signal. The lower unmodded tier junk turrets are more of a "watch your back" item than a "can destroy all Zombies for me" item. It is basically much slower, less scaning range, and weaker.

Details:

Junk turret damage to entities has been reduced.

"Recoil" from manually firing it has been increased.

Range (entity detection, ammo, and player activation) has been reduced.

When deployed its "movement speed" and "scan area" and other movement related things have been reduced.

Firing rate has been left alone.

Junk turret ammo stacking has been reduced. Some modding bonuses have been dropped.

In order to compensate (slightly) for all the above, more items can now make ammo for the junk turret so when carrying one around its more likely you will have something available to can quickly make ammo from. These make the same generic "Junk Turret Ammo":

Scrap Iron <- Vanilla recipe. The cost of scrap iron for ammo has been increased.

Scrap Brass

Cobblestones

Scrap Lead

Mechanical Parts

Glass <- Can only be made in the forge with crucible. Basically "crude blobs of glass".

Note: The items were chosen as "weighty/chunky" resource items. I cannot find a good way to make the junk turret ammo do different damage per ammo type. If I can figure this out I'll maybe make separate ammo types, add broken glass, etc.

Edited by doughphunghus
Spelling corrections (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

I like the Get Greener mod. Having less snow and desert is not always  a bad thing. But does this actually completely remove them? I use the desert to get extra sand rather than using the cement mixer to make sand from rock. Other than that desert is just a heat pain. But are all the effects: heat. cold, resources still the same in the areas where they were? Curious how this actually works, its not explained in the 7D2D mod pages.

16 hours ago, Hogweed said:

I like the Get Greener mod. Having less snow and desert is not always  a bad thing. But does this actually completely remove them? I use the desert to get extra sand rather than using the cement mixer to make sand from rock. Other than that desert is just a heat pain. But are all the effects: heat. cold, resources still the same in the areas where they were? Curious how this actually works, its not explained in the 7D2D mod pages.

Good questions ;) 

I was not the original author of the "7d2dModlets" mods, I'm just trying to maintain them as much as possible.  A few of them are a little obtuse for me as well.  I do plan on going through them again and updating once a19 comes out (in the next few weeks?) as they might not work in a19 so I have to retest/tweak them all.

Question: (for the snow and desert biomes) "But does this actually completely remove them?"

Answer: Yes, this completely removes the snow and desert biomes (and replaces them with custom Forest biomes)

Statement: "I use the desert to get extra sand..."

Reply: It appears the new forest biomes don't contain any sand :(

Question: "But are all the effects: heat. cold, resources still the same in the areas where they were?"

Answer: No.  This appears to change the new Forest biomes "local weather" (temp/fog/wind/etc) to what the normal "forest" biome has.  So the 2 new biomes are just like the normal forest biome is, weather wise.

Statement: "...its not explained in the 7D2D mod pages"

Reply:  I'll beef up the documentation a bit when a19 comes out and I retest all my mods.  I didn't touch the docs at all when I did the initial conversion from a17 :)

Additional info:

Anyways ... For "Get Greener" I freely admit I didn't do much beyond making some small changes just so the mod loaded without errors in a18, so I'm not intuitively familiar with how it actually works :)  It appears its doing this:

- Removing the snow and desert biomes that come with the game. Well, not deleting them off your computer but just removing them as something that game can use when the game starts.  If you removed this modlet the game will once again have the snow and desert biomes.

- Creating 2 "new" forest biomes BUT internally using the names "snow" and "desert".  I'm betting this is because the game is expecting there to be "snow" and "desert" biomes to make the maps so it's just reusing the names but changing what the biome actually is made of.  There's not much indication of where the new forest biome settings come from (I have not looked hard to see if they were just copy-pasted from the existing forest biome but it looks like it was) but there is a note that the one replacing "desert" keeps the oil shale that normally you find in the desert.  The one that replaces snow doesn't have any special notes.

- I haven't had any user(s) input on the Get Greener mod.  If you have any idea or want tweaks (like "would like some sand") let me know and I'll see if I can either add it, or more likely make a "Get Greener - Plus Sand" modlet to tweak Get Greener (you would load them both).  I haven't messed with the biomes much so I might not be able to make anything work (or work well), but I'll give it a shot once a19 comes out.  I'm not sure what the original intent of Get Greener was (beyond adding more green forest): to make the game easier (no harsh biomes) or harder ( no sand, not easy to find oil shale, etc) or both.  I'm not sure if I added "sand" if it would be easy to make it "seen" on top of the ground (but still be a mostly forest biome) or you'd have to blindly dig for it underground.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Life2Death said:

are you gonna make punishing weather for 19? i love it

Thanks!

I will if I can :)  I heard there were changes to how weather is handled in a19 (like literal changes to the xml files/settings/capabilities) so it might take a bit to figure it out.  I plan on attempting to make the a19 version as close to the a18 one as possible, though I did have some small changes I wanted to make which was mostly to make "override packs" for it easier to create.

I'm starting to work on updating my mods for a19 so it shouldn't be too long unless I run into new game stuff and have to do a lot of testing

16 hours ago, doughphunghus said:

Thanks!

I will if I can :) I heard there were changes to how weather is handled in a19 (like literal changes to the xml files/settings/capabilities) so it might take a bit to figure it out.  I plan on attempting to make the a19 version as close to the a18 one as possible, though I did have some small changes I wanted to make which was mostly to make "override packs" for it easier to create.

I'm starting to work on updating my mods for a19 so it shouldn't be too long unless I run into new game stuff and have to do a lot of testing

i wish there was a way to make it rain all the time, but like not lag the crap outta your game. that wet debuff, incentivices players to eat more often and be more careful going out exploring/looting

Edited by Life2Death (see edit history)

On 7/3/2020 at 7:11 AM, Life2Death said:

are you gonna make punishing weather for 19? i love it

Forgot to update you :)  I tested them, tweaked a little and they’re released (see above).  There are a few things I noticed I don’t like:

1. the nights are not as dark anymore. I made another Modlet to try to fix this, so you may also want to load it: “Buff Ambiance - Darker Nights”

2. the desert seems to have “intermittent sandstorms” with rather clear views, like every minute or less. It looks a little weird and I’m not sure yet how to make it better, e.g perpetual sandstorm visibility.

Also:  There are some things I’m looking into to make these modlets “better”, but I don’t think I can change the FPS or density of the rain but I can make a “rains a lot” modlet.  Another possibility I’m looking into are some of the FPS “tweaks” people have posted.  Some of them cut out graphics of things far away.... so maybe if the rain/fog/etc were so thick and constant around you you could activate those tweaks and it wouldn’t hamper FPS As much and you wouldn’t be able to see anything far away anyway.

Poorly!
Let's do it! Where I live, minus 50 in the shade, and there is no sun for six months! Realism, I really want to cry!
Why is this nonsense? Now, when flying on a gyroplane, and nothing is visible because of the rain, fog!
It would be better to make a separate mod, changing the seasons, as in (in one major fashion, I forgot which one), only with a sharp change in temperature! A couple of dry winter, spring, summer!

Google translator

any way that some days it can be sunny and clear (low prob) but crappy foggy days  mostly. Im trying to balance it out and have changed the following lines

<CloudThickness min="0" max="10" prob=".5"/>

<Fog min="0" max="10" prob=".5"/>

was 0.05, would this work?

Thanks doughphunghus

A great weather-core punishing mod, I love the rain, the fog, everything, zero visibility, just like the movie the fog, you do not know where they will attack you.
Also thanks for the other mods (a great hit Darker Nights).

15 hours ago, user2010 said:

Poorly!
Let's do it! Where I live, minus 50 in the shade, and there is no sun for six months! Realism, I really want to cry!
Why is this nonsense? Now, when flying on a gyroplane, and nothing is visible because of the rain, fog!
It would be better to make a separate mod, changing the seasons, as in (in one major fashion, I forgot which one), only with a sharp change in temperature! A couple of dry winter, spring, summer!

Google translator

I would love to do seasons.  I could imagine setting each season to last... 7.3 days ;)  that way you get to battle the horde in each season for the first 4 horde nights, then after that it gets a little unpredictable when seasons change. Additionally. I would start day 1 in spring to give you time to build up for summer and winter. 

thr big problem I see with this is I have no idea how to control the weather like this in a plain xml modlet. The only way I can see it happening is via a DMT mod (which I cannot do but is likely a good option for someone with more skill than I have) or a server side process or mod to one of the server tools.  I might be able to pull that off but I don’t know how many people would want to go to the trouble installing it.  If I went this far, I’d likely put in some “random hellish weather” events, like rain for days, etc. or wherever the land claims are make it extreme weather for a day, etc. it would be a lot of work for me though.  I’ve looked into it just a little, and all of the tools are in languages I don’t use on a daily basis :(.  

anyway, I might make some more override models to the core weather modlet for more rain, snow, wind, etc so you can tune it more to your liking without having to hand edit the xml.  I’ve looked a little into maybe making some biome mods to go along with it (like snow in all biomes.... or snow patches at least, for an “all cold world”, maybe like the Winter Project mod) but technically those are not “weather”. 

13 hours ago, TomGun42 said:

any way that some days it can be sunny and clear (low prob) but crappy foggy days  mostly. Im trying to balance it out and have changed the following lines

I’ll check and see this weekend. Your changes might work (just guessing).  The last updates I did for a19 I tried to “standardize” all the settings so it would be easier to make and maintain override modlets for the core weather mod. I think I decided there would be a 5% chance of “nice weather setting” for each parameter, which is where the 0.05 comes from.  The o lot reason I’m not sure how well your changes would work is I made all the probabilities add up to 100%.  There are some notes in the xml the pimps made that indicate that it doesn’t have to be 100%, it can go over 100% (which your changes likely do, if the docs are right)  and that they do some calculations to figure out the final percentages/odds for that weather setting. So since you’re adding .5 (which is 50%) and taking away my 0.05 (5%) the total should add up to 145%.... and that’s where I’m frizzy as I don’t have their xml docs in front of me at this moment ;)  I do think it will work like you want, just not sure how well (will it be 10% like you set it or it will actually calculate out to be a lot higher percentage/odds which I suspect it is.  I’m guessing probably 30%?

9 hours ago, Gouki said:

Thanks doughphunghus

A great weather-core punishing mod, I love the rain, the fog, everything, zero visibility, just like the movie the fog, you do not know where they will attack you.
Also thanks for the other mods (a great hit Darker Nights).

Thanks! I love playing this game when it’s super dark and you don’t know what’s out there (well, the sounds usually give it away.  I tried making more zombie sounds that “fit” and it was a lot harder than I thought. I’m still chewing on that idea).  I also like that you can’t go into a POI or underground when it’s dark unless there’s lights in inside or you carry light as it can be pitch black at its darkest.  I wanted to do a “flashlight “ mod where there were batteries and “tiers” of flashlights so you mostly could only find weak/dim gun and helmet lighting (or parts), and would have to work up to crafting the flashlights that are the current brightness in the regular game.  It might be possible with a19.  When I first tried in a17? I couldn’t make it work, so I just didn’t use flashlights ;).  Also: Throw something like the community creature packs in near total darkness and it’s a lot of fun ;).

On 7/23/2020 at 9:06 AM, TomGun42 said:

Update (see above post):

So, here's a chunk of documentation about the weather and how the "probabilities" work. Note that this documentation may be outdated (TFP seems to update it, but there's some really old documentation/notes floating around mixed in with the new stuff) but it's all I have to go on.

Example:
	<weather>
	<Fog min="0" max="0" prob="0.1"/>
	<Fog min="20" max="30" prob="0.95"/>
	<weather/>
"This would mean there's a total probability of 1.05,
by adding all the 'prob' values of the 'Fog' conditions.
There's a 9.5% chance there will be a 0 fog condition and
a 90.5% chance the fog condition will be between 20 and 30.
This is because 0.1, from the first line, is 9.5% of 1.05,
the total probability of the fog conditions; and 0.95, from
the second line, is 90.5% of the total fog condition
probability of 1.05."

Note: It may be easier to visuallize your control if you make
sure all your probability values for each condition add up to 1.

given this, my "core" modlet has this (a random biome CloudThickness section taken just as an example):

<CloudThickness min="0" max="10" prob=".05"/>
    <CloudThickness min="10" max="40" prob=".1"/>
    <CloudThickness min="40" max="70" prob=".2"/>
    <CloudThickness min="70" max="80" prob=".45"/>
    <CloudThickness min="80" max="100" prob=".2"/>

All the probabilities add up to "1", so as I read it the probability of the CloudThickness being between 40 and 70% "thick" is 20%. On a side note: It appears that the weather changes really slowly (on vanilla game time settings) so I don't know if the CloudThickness was 0%, and the game recalculated the probability and it landed on 100% CloudThickness, exactly how long this would take to go from 0% to 100%.  Based on some games I've played, I *feel* it would take several "real life minutes", like 5-10 minutes. I have no idea how often the weather is "recalculated"!

Anyway...If you changed the 0.05 line to to .5 (and did not add another line) we get this:

<CloudThickness min="10" max="40" prob=".1"/>
    <CloudThickness min="40" max="70" prob=".2"/>
    <CloudThickness min="70" max="80" prob=".45"/>
    <CloudThickness min="80" max="100" prob=".2"/>

which means the probabilities add up to 1.45.  Doing the math above (warning: I could get this wrong!)  that's .5/1.45 = 0.3448.  This rounds to .34  which is 34% . So 34% of the time the CloudThickness will be between 1 and 10%. My guess in the above post of 30% appears close :).

Honestly, I'd say try playing with the setting change you made and see if its close to what you want.  If the "clear days" are too many/often, simply drop the number of the line you changed until it feels right.  I didn't do a lot of testing to see how all the weather conditions "felt/played", I generally just took the "biome weather default" settings for each weather parameter and then worked around the average of that setting (for temperature for example), making the "nicest/cleanest looking" weather condition only a 5-10% chance of happening *for each metric*, so if there ever was "nice clear day with no wind and a nice temp" you could really appreciate it as the odds of that happening for all metrics combined are really, really low.  Likely only one of the weather metrics will hit the 5% "nice" probability at a time.