Tins Tweaks for A18.3.

Tin

Thanks!

I hope you all give it a go, and have fun with it.

This is just a core, that I will be building around as time goes on.

But also works as just a standalone.

heh, just don't get caught unawares, and get snagged-n-grabbed by a group of zeds ;)

*melee is still viable ofc though*

This is a pretty cool idea. I'm really curious to test out the "progressively damaged gets slower" effect is like when a horde comes at you in a closed room/building.

Yeah, the mechanic gives the player another tactic to employ.

See a demo guy running towards your base? tag him a couple times and give yourself a few more seconds to deal with him (mechanic doesn't lessen their explosive power though).

Get caught out at night and got some runners outpacing you? Smack'em a couple times to give yourself some breathing room.

Got a horde eating through your defenses at break neck speed? tag a few to give you enough time to make that emergency repair.

Obviously the rad zombies will eventually heal themselves, if you leave them alone for too long but it will give the player time till they do.

Still have some tweaks I want to do with that particular mechanic but that's a later thing.

Hope you enjoy it.

Just a heads up for those that try to use this mod with Telrics Healthbar modlet.

The quick way to get this to work with this is: Just rename my folder, so it loads before the healthbar one.

This is not to say I will going through every mod to make it compatible with each other (not going to happen) but this one came up, and that is the solution.

*Update*

Added a Frenzy version of the 24hr Zombie Cycle.

[The 'Clean' Version]: No Rage Mechanic, since it controls the Zombies speeds 24 hours a day.

[The 'Frenzy' Version]: Has a different type of rage. Zombies can only 'Frenzy' (rage), if they successfully land a strike against the player.

I like the 'pull' feature when they 'grab' you. Caught me by surprise on Day 1 when I wasn't expecting it and almost killed me. Now, I pay more attention.

Just curious if this is offset by higher player skills similar to the stun offset?

Or will every zombie always have a chance to pull you in if they hit you?

The description states, "From Noon to Midnight, Humanoid Zombies get progressively stronger and faster every hour."

I'm trying to figure out if their fastest speed is equal to the game options setting or will zombies eventually run at Nightmare speed even if I set them to Walk?

In other words, if we set Zombies Sprint during daytime and Walk at night... will their top speed with this mod be Walk at Midnight and Sprint at Noon?

Oh, and Thanks for making combat more dynamic.

Cool.

I've not yet encountered your classification of Zombies, particularly not "brute". Is this a standard classification?

Also what about "earth" blocks? I think all Zombies should be able to destroy Sand and Clay blocks. At least all humanoid.

How does this affect Zombie animals and living animals?

The one mechanic that's missing is for the "level" of block that they can damage to go up by 1 at night and by 2 on horde night.

All zombies can already destroy earth and clay blocks in the vanilla game.

Brutes are actually a vanilla tag, I just added a couple more to be classified as those (bikers are considered brutes in the vanilla game for instance).

Yeah, not exactly sure what you totally mean by the level of the block, but if it is what I think you mean, I don't think it is needed.

As the gamestages increase, more higher classified zombies start to get spawned. So more blocks are eventually going to be able to be destroyed.

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy it. I just thought it was pretty cool someone else thought of something similar to what I made :)

I like the 'pull' feature when they 'grab' you. Caught me by surprise on Day 1 when I wasn't expecting it and almost killed me. Now, I pay more attention.

Just curious if this is offset by higher player skills similar to the stun offset?

Or will every zombie always have a chance to pull you in if they hit you?

All zombies will pull if they hit you. I just thought it made sense that each time they swing, they are trying to grab you. If an actual vanilla 'stun' happens, the pull feature temporarily gets turned off, to work around the potential stun lock from happening. Thats about as much of an offset their is.

The description states, "From Noon to Midnight, Humanoid Zombies get progressively stronger and faster every hour."

I'm trying to figure out if their fastest speed is equal to the game options setting or will zombies eventually run at Nightmare speed even if I set them to Walk?

In other words, if we set Zombies Sprint during daytime and Walk at night... will their top speed with this mod be Walk at Midnight and Sprint at Noon?

Oh, and Thanks for making combat more dynamic.

I didn't really test the different speed setting they have in the game with it, only the defaults. So, atm I can't really say for sure, one way or anther they will get all turned around. I would 'assume', that they still convert to the mod, since I adjust their base speeds. Basically, I am forcing them to be at certain set speed every hour of the day. If the settings are adjusting them in an additive way, then all bets are off in that area, and things could get wonky, for ill or will. :D

The 'boss' classified zombies are the fastest, and they are set similar to vanillas top zombie speed. Other then that, each zombies classification has different top speeds they can reach.

This gets changed a bit, if you go the 'Frenzy' version. They get a "0.5" speed bump up, when they go into frenzy mode. So each zombie will get that frenzy increase, even the Boss types, which will then be my vision of insane speeds.

Hope that answers everything :)

All zombies will pull if they hit you. I just thought it made sense that each time they swing, they are trying to grab you. If an actual vanilla 'stun' happens, the pull feature temporarily gets turned off, to work around the potential stun lock from happening. Thats about as much of an offset their is.

Thanks for clarifying. The 'stun lock' is what I was mostly concerned about.

I was expecting that a ninja level melee fighter would be able to avoid the grab/pull. That's why I asked for a bit of clarification.

Again, thanks for taking on the challenge of making this mod. It is appreciated.

Thanks for clarifying. The 'stun lock' is what I was mostly concerned about.

I was expecting that a ninja level melee fighter would be able to avoid the grab/pull. That's why I asked for a bit of clarification.

Again, thanks for taking on the challenge of making this mod. It is appreciated.

Thanks!

Yeah, it all comes down to the individual player abilities, in how well they can control their character. If they mess up the timing? or got caught unawares? they failed their ninja skills on a personal level, and pay a small price for it ;)

I also wanted to give people who are just not that skilled as of yet, just enough challenge, without going over the top.

It's just no fun when you get rekt all the time, or if you feel that every time you make one mistake, its end game.

It just gives a good feeling of accomplishment, knowing "yeah, you almost died." BUT! you lived through it.

At least, that is what I am hoping to achieve with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Top work! It would be cool if the zombies also be stronger day by day....

Thanks! Depends on if TFP add the necessary stuff I can use, to make that happen. As of right now, I can't. or I haven't thought of a way to do it yet.

Yeah its a lot. I grabbed everything I thought I wanted in a game, then culled out the things that were very broken. I'm hoping to accomplish 3 things:

- Put together a list of all the stuff that plays well together (for my style of game) and then publish the list for others.

- Figure out if my own mods need tweaking (they do)

- Figure out what other mods I want to make (thought of 3 so far) to make the game feel "better". Think I need to nerf getting turrets in loot, remove head lights, and dim any torches/flashlights (if I can)

*Update*

Fixed issues with the [Clean] and [Frenzy] versions.

Now, Zombies will correctly slow down and get weaker when being damaged.

sorry for the mishap for anyone who is using them :(

Somewhere along the way, things got tweaked and broke that part.

For those that didn't notice it? Ummm, everything is fine! :p

No seriously, sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit: also lowered the "Snag" chance to only 20% in both. was a lil OP at night for the zeds ;)

Edit2: Little surprise added to the Frenzy version. Read description in the OP about it.

Archived