dcsobral's mods

dcsobral

I decided to make my mods easier to download, so here they are: https://github.com/dcsobral/7d2d/releases/tag/4.1.0

Craftable Dyes

Yeah, make them craftable. I tried to make the ingredients make sense, so some of the dyes are actually more expensive than others. The cost matches the paint you get from scrapping them.

Dan's Better Drawers

The best craftable storage container in 7d2d got even better: more space, and less obnoxious sound!

Dan's Craftable Engines

Pretty simple: make engines craftable. Unlocks with advanced engineering, at the same level as wire relays.

Dan's Dangerous Zombies

All zombies do 2.5x as much damage as normal, and nothing else. For those that want more dangerous zombies without them being bullet sponges.

Dan's Electricity Blocks

This is based on the work of others (Untamedwolf, zilizgarcia1122), but it just wasn't quite right for my tastes. It provides a bunch of "junction box", plus a "top pole" electrical blocks, with the outgoing wire being invisible. For the most part they require more power than normal relays (2W) to account for the added benefit. Some are decorative, but the junction box block is the shape and stats of a reinforced concrete block, and upgrades to steel as well, making it a viable option to use as part of a wall. The top pole uses no power, but it's expensive to make.

There's two switches, which consume 1W in line with alpha 18.3 switches.

Dan's Headshot Zombies

This is a variation on Insane Zombies. Instead of increasing the amount of hit points, make body hits do only 20% damage, plus modifiers. The modifiers can easily make the damage decent, since I had no way of reducing the damage after all modifiers. The advantage is that bleeding, burning and explosion damage are unaffected. In addition, I've added 200% to headshot damage, so you start at 4x instead of 2x. Like on Insane Zombies, however, all zombies do 2.5x as much damage as normal.

Easier MP Horde Nights

Adjusts gamestage computation for parties, to keep things closer to the players actual gamestage.

FunSpotlights

Rotate spotlights at your heart's content! Unlocks common rotate options such as "on face".

Hair Of The Dog

Like beer/moonshine, but think the drunkness effect is crap? Remove it.

Insane Zombies

Multiplies zombies hit points by 2.5, multiply zombie melee damage by 2.5 (but not puke/explosion), and multiply headshots on zombies by 2.5.

I wanted something to make headshots very important, so I made difficulty Insane. At which point I realized that not only the gamestage skyrockets, but rage becomes insanely (pun intended) common, which is a problem since I wanted to do blades as melee weapon, and bleeding is a rage machine. This mod, when played at Nomad difficulty, gives the tougher zombies of Insane difficulty without any of the drawbacks, while keeping headshot at Nomad difficulty.

LiquidWater

This is an older mod, which add some solid blocks that expand to cover the terrain, and then turn into water. Just to make filling up spaces with water easier.

No Glancing Blows

Tired of not knowing whether you actually hit the zombie, or just pissed it off? This removes grazing hits from all weapons, so either you hit the zombies for real, or you don't at all. Makes it easier on vehicles too -- who hasn't hit them while fighting a zombie?

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, how would I change the stone version of liquid water so that stays as stone and doesn't turn into water?

Funny, I'm subscribed to this thread but got no notification. On liquidWater_terrLiquidStone, change the property LiquidStatic's value from "liquidWater_terrLiquidStoneStatic" to "terrStone". That's on the Config/blocks.xml file, by the way.

I really like the idea of your headshot zombies mod, but I think it's also affecting corpses. For example, harvesting a deer corpse now takes significantly longer than it used to, and right clicking with the hunting knife, for some reason, causes subsequent left-clicks to do zero damage to the corpse (while still harvesting resources, which is obviously a problem). However, if I hit the corpses head, it does way more damage.

Edit: Nevermind, I disabled your mod and the behavior has continued. Not quite sure exactly what mod is to blame now, a bit confusing since I don't think I have installed anything else that affects damage modifiers.

Hi! I have used your electricity blocks in previous versions of 7d2d. However, I am using the 7d2d mod launcher to try and get it but is says the directory does not exist when I hit download... Any suggestions? I looked at the downloader, but there are not options for adding a mod that I found.

Hi! I have used your electricity blocks in previous versions of 7d2d. However, I am using the 7d2d mod launcher to try and get it but is says the directory does not exist when I hit download... Any suggestions? I looked at the downloader, but there are not options for adding a mod that I found.

I don't know what's happening there. It sounds like an issue with the mod launcher, since nothing changed on my side.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm testing out a bunch of mods, and I noticed "LiquidWater". The picture at 7daystodiemods shows water in more or less a heap, rather than flattening out on the level ground. Is that the intended effect? Because I'm running A19.2(b4) and that's what it's doing already(until it's transferred to a hole in the ground or some other cavitation), without any mod...

Archived