Telrics Thumper 2.0

Telric

Welcome to the massively improved Thumper mod! A few people said they missed the old Thumper mod, so i spent a few weeks redoing every aspect of it. This new version feels much better and cleaner than the old alpha 16 version. Along with redoing the basic idea, i have expanded on and reworked things differently.

So what has changed? Well, lets start from the beginning. In the original, you got a quest, started it, placed a block and upgraded it. This version will require you to wrench damaged Thumpers that have fallen from the sky. Collecting all 5 pieces, in the correct amounts, will allow you to craft a radio transmission to reach Thumper Industries. They will send you a message and a reimbursement Thumper. They don't require you to have a receipt or be the original owner. :p

Thumper Industries will then instruct you to head to a marked landing zone. Once you are there, the radio signal will connect with the Thumper, allowing you to hear the voice of a Thumper Industries representative in assisting you with your brand new Thumper. The voice will tell you how long the Thumper will be active.

Once your Thumper has fallen, a dome will appear around the area you need to stay within to get credit for the quest. Leaving this area will make it so you won't get the ability to harvest your rewards.

Shortly after landing, the Thumper will display it's capacity. This will gradually fill up as it extracts resources from the earth. Each bar is worth 10% capacity. The higher the capacity after the Thumper has finished extracting, the higher your reward will be. When taking damage from any source, the Thumper will begin losing capacity. So protect it at all costs! You'll be swarmed with an ever increasing amount of zombies and new enemies. Be sure to check the air as aerial combatants have now entered the scene! But don't worry, the Thumper cant be destroyed. It just won't be able to harvest many resources.

After the Thumper has finished extracting, as long as you've stayed in the area, you will be given a buff. That buff will tell you how well you did and the multiplier of your rewards. Simply take a wrench and harvest the resources right out of the Thumper. These resources can be manipulated into many rare rewards. These rewards are costly, but require no perks or schematics to craft.

And there you go! Thumper complete. Craft what you want or save up the Thumplurite for the higher end rewards. The top tier crafts will require multiple Thumpers to be completed, so go hunt for more broken ones to harvest.

This is a modlet and does not require a world restart. Thumpers will spawn as you move around the map.

Updated to add Japanese localization (Thanks to Chiko!)

Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5xc52ela6k...er2.0.zip?dl=0

4EE62152B567B12CCB31EF676735856F795DD4AD

F9D2E8504048BA2FAE0963FBC7C3822F43AE22F4

Let me know how you like it and if I can make things better!

Credits go to ZombiePro100 for doing the voice overs! :D

Writes an essay about new features of a mod that clearly require DMT scripting to work.

Says "This is a modlet and does not require a world restart." at the end.

REALLY??? Man, I love magic, show me that trick again! :p Seriously, this is super impressive, thank you! :D

Lol... there is a lot of trickery and deceit in non dmt modding. :p but shhhhhh! lol. Ty for the kind words.

Lol... there is a lot of trickery and deceit in non dmt modding. :p but shhhhhh! lol. Ty for the kind words.

You're welcome! Actually I should thank you for posting this mod because I saw it a long time ago back in Alpha 17, but then I forgot about it and when I wanted to get back to it, I couldn't find it because I didn't remember the name of it and now that you brought a new version, I can finally try it! I love quest mods, especially quest mods that bring something new, something unique, so thank you again!

You're welcome! Actually I should thank you for posting this mod because I saw it a long time ago back in Alpha 17, but then I forgot about it and when I wanted to get back to it, I couldn't find it because I didn't remember the name of it and now that you brought a new version, I can finally try it! I love quest mods, especially quest mods that bring something new, something unique, so thank you again!

Yeah the original was for 16.4.. non compatible with 17 or 18... A few people said they missed the mod so i spent some time remaking it.. Plus i have alot more experience with modding now than i did before :p Many more possibilities.

If you like quests and stuff, check out the Magisters Mansion POI mod from 'Telrics Story Time'.. It adds a haunted mansion where you do a 16ish part quest line helping an NPC put an end to a ghost's reign of terror. lol.. It would require a new RWG though as it would add a POI to the mixer. You could also just spawn the POI if you know how to do all that. Or just play it in playtest from the prefab editor... If you know how to do that. lol.

That's what i strive to do.. unique mods. Unique systems and ways of working things out without requiring code or other shenanigans.. Its fun. :)

Yeah the original was for 16.4.. non compatible with 17 or 18... A few people said they missed the mod so i spent some time remaking it.. Plus i have alot more experience with modding now than i did before :p Many more possibilities.

If you like quests and stuff, check out the Magisters Mansion POI mod from 'Telrics Story Time'.. It adds a haunted mansion where you do a 16ish part quest line helping an NPC put an end to a ghost's reign of terror. lol.. It would require a new RWG though as it would add a POI to the mixer. You could also just spawn the POI if you know how to do all that. Or just play it in playtest from the prefab editor... If you know how to do that. lol.

That's what i strive to do.. unique mods. Unique systems and ways of working things out without requiring code or other shenanigans.. Its fun. :)

Yeah, I'm kinda sad on the RWG part, it takes a long time to generate and the worlds are not much fun to play and Nitrogen has some limitations too, so I mostly play Navezgane. Do you know how to spawn a specific POI to the world? That would be fun.

I agree with mr.devolver. I was just reading through the code because I was surprised you'd managed to do all that with just XML and was curious how you'd managed. Very impressive!

You dug through my xmls??? Oh you poor poor soul! I'm so sorry! lol. Surprised you didnt shotgun your computer as soon as you saw the buffs.xml :p lol.. It was definitly tricky, but buffs open up a ton of possibilities to do things. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I'm kinda sad on the RWG part, it takes a long time to generate and the worlds are not much fun to play and Nitrogen has some limitations too, so I mostly play Navezgane. Do you know how to spawn a specific POI to the world? That would be fun.

If you don't really care about looks and just want it spawned, you can open the prefabs.xml file in one of your RWG worlds, and change one of the existing POIs with the Magisters Mansion one. You would need the prefab files in your prefabs folder as well for this method. (The modlet doesn't require them to be in prefabs folder to work)

Another way would be to open your RWG in world editor, find a spot and spawn it with the uhh i believe K menu? Then save world and youll find it in that spot in a regular game. But just for that world.

- - - Updated - - -

Telric is a clever one.

*Screech in Raptor language*

Telric, are you sure this doesn't require new world? I loaded up older save in Navezgane world, and so far I can't find anything new, but I don't have any vehicle yet, so I don't know, maybe I just didn't have any luck so far. :(

Like most things that work with existing saves, it may require you to find unexplored areas for new blocks/items to spawn into the world.

Unless Telric is *that* clever..

Like most things that work with existing saves, it may require you to find unexplored areas for new blocks/items to spawn into the world.

Damn, so this actually means that if you explore a bigger part of the map, you should start a new world for better experience with a mod like this one, due to the amount of spawns being limited to unexplored parts of the map.

Well, thankfully I haven't explored too much, so I guess there is still a lot to uncover and therefore a lot of chances to find more of these things in the world.

It doesnt use blocks, but rather uses entity spawns to make those blocks. The thumpers are quite rare. But moving a few KM around will usually spawn a couple.

<entitygroup name="DamagedThumper">
	<entity name="invisibleAnimalEnemy" prob="4"/>
	<entity name="zombieDamagedThumper"/>
</entitygroup>

You doubt my cleverness? You know i'm ATLEAST .0000001% raptor right?

- - - Updated - - -

Damn! So you ARE THAT SMART! :p

If by smart you mean bang my face against my keyboard till a system works.... then yes.. :p

This IS clever indeed! So it will work dynamically, I love that idea. Oh by the way, do we still get the cool new weapons too? I remember I SO wanted new shiny weapons from that quest. :D

There is a new weapon that you can get.. But besides that no.. The new weapon is quite unique though. It's a sniper rifle that uses bullet drop. You gain additional exp on kills after the bullet starts dropping.. 1500 for body kills and 5500 for headshot kills.. The bullet starts to drop around 60 meters away, so you gotta account for bullet travel, the drop, the speed of the enemy..

Also let me know if you dont see them after a while.. As long as you have spawning on, they should spawn. It just might take a bit of walking around, depending on your server max count and what not. Ive tested this in SP and on a server and it worked fine.

It doesnt use blocks, but rather uses entity spawns to make those blocks. The thumpers are quite rare. But moving a few KM around will usually spawn a couple.

<entitygroup name="DamagedThumper">
	<entity name="zombieDamagedThumper"/>
</entitygroup>

giphy.gif

Wasn't I supposed to be able to harvest something with wrench after successfully defeating the enemies that spawned around the thing that spawned after using the walkie? I used wrench on it and I didn't get anything for doing that! :(

As long as you stay within the dome. You will get a buff after the excavation is complete. That will allow you to harvest. If you are in god mode or anything like that, you will not get it.

Archived