Telrics Thumper 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DUST2DEATH View Post
    Like most things that work with existing saves, it may require you to find unexplored areas for new blocks/items to spawn into the world.
    Unless Telric is *that* clever..
    You doubt my cleverness? You know i'm ATLEAST .0000001% raptor right?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by mr.devolver View Post
    Damn! So you ARE THAT SMART!
    If by smart you mean bang my face against my keyboard till a system works.... then yes.. :P

Comment

This IS clever indeed! So it will work dynamically, I love that idea. Oh by the way, do we still get the cool new weapons too? I remember I SO wanted new shiny weapons from that quest.

Comment

This IS clever indeed! So it will work dynamically, I love that idea. Oh by the way, do we still get the cool new weapons too? I remember I SO wanted new shiny weapons from that quest.
        There is a new weapon that you can get.. But besides that no.. The new weapon is quite unique though. It's a sniper rifle that uses bullet drop. You gain additional exp on kills after the bullet starts dropping.. 1500 for body kills and 5500 for headshot kills.. The bullet starts to drop around 60 meters away, so you gotta account for bullet travel, the drop, the speed of the enemy..

Also let me know if you dont see them after a while.. As long as you have spawning on, they should spawn. It just might take a bit of walking around, depending on your server max count and what not. Ive tested this in SP and on a server and it worked fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Telric View Post
          It doesnt use blocks, but rather uses entity spawns to make those blocks. The thumpers are quite rare. But moving a few KM around will usually spawn a couple.

Code:
          	<entitygroup name="DamagedThumper">
          		<entity name="invisibleAnimalEnemy" prob="4"/>
          		<entity name="zombieDamagedThumper"/>
          	</entitygroup>

Comment

Wasn't I supposed to be able to harvest something with wrench after successfully defeating the enemies that spawned around the thing that spawned after using the walkie? I used wrench on it and I didn't get anything for doing that!

Comment

Wasn't I supposed to be able to harvest something with wrench after successfully defeating the enemies that spawned around the thing that spawned after using the walkie? I used wrench on it and I didn't get anything for doing that!
              As long as you stay within the dome. You will get a buff after the excavation is complete. That will allow you to harvest. If you are in god mode or anything like that, you will not get it.

Comment

It looks a lot like alien technology, but the zombies keep coming out of the spaceship, and it feels like a play, and it feels weird

Comment

Originally posted by Leaffallinglight View Post
                  and it feels weird
                  Welcome to one of my mods!

Comment

Originally posted by Leaffallinglight View Post
                    It looks a lot like alien technology, but the zombies keep coming out of the spaceship, and it feels like a play, and it feels weird
                    It reminds me of certain crazy shooting activities in Saints Row IV lol

Comment

Did you get it working on your end, devolver?

Comment

Originally posted by Telric View Post
                        Did you get it working on your end, devolver?
                        In the meantime I had to start a new world and I didn't get that far in this new one yet. I already dismantled one of those broken things, but I didn't get all materials that I need to craft the walkie. Also the last time I tried this, it was pretty hard, too many enemies and too small space to dodge their attacks. I'm playing with increased zombie spawns, so I guess that makes it kinda too hard to win if the only way is to stay inside the dome and kill all the enemies. If it was just the enemies spawned by the mod itself, I guess I could handle that, but there were tons of regular zombies that were near and got attracted to the sound of shooting.

Comment

In the meantime I had to start a new world and I didn't get that far in this new one yet. I already dismantled one of those broken things, but I didn't get all materials that I need to craft the walkie. Also the last time I tried this, it was pretty hard, too many enemies and too small space to dodge their attacks. I'm playing with increased zombie spawns, so I guess that makes it kinda too hard to win if the only way is to stay inside the dome and kill all the enemies. If it was just the enemies spawned by the mod itself, I guess I could handle that, but there were tons of regular zombies that were near and got attracted to the sound of shooting.
                          I gotcha. You do have a marker for where it sends you, so you could get nearby and clear out the normal zombies before you start the Thumper. As long as the mod works, ill leave it to the player to find ways to deal with the spawns. I did make it easier than when i first started working on it... I had upwards of 25 zombies spawning at one time per wave... lol.

Comment

The dome itself seems pretty small though, I know it's supposed to be small for bigger challenge, but with so many zombies, I would expect it to be a bit bigger, because this is so small that you can't really avoid direct hits, so getting stunned is just a matter of short time and once you get stunned, it only gets worse from there.

Comment

Hey all! Nice work with the mod, looks really funny but we have a problem in a pve server --> We cant make it spawn, we all moved so much before install the mod and i think the world is full explored. Admin says he have a mod for memory cleaning the "invisibleAnimalEnemy". In single player it work but on this pve it never spawn, admin trying to make it spawn now changed values to 0, we are still trying to make it appear, some help? thank you so much and sorry my english

Hola a todos! Buen trabajo con el mod, se ve realmente divertido pero tenemos un problema en un servidor publico pve --> No podemos hacer que spawnee, nosotros hemos explorado mucho antes de instalar el mod y creo que el mapa completo ha sido explorado. El admin dijo que tiene un mod para ayudar a la memoria que limpia los "invisibleAnimalEnemy". En partidas de un jugador funciona pero en este servidor pve nunca aparece, admin esta intentando hacerlo aparecer cambiando los valores de aparicion a 0, seguimos probando para hacerlo aparecer. Alguna ayuda? gracias y lo siento por mi ingles.

Comment

Originally posted by Troooonks View Post
                                Hey all! Nice work with the mod, looks really funny but we have a problem in a pve server --> We cant make it spawn, we all moved so much before install the mod and i think the world is full explored. Admin says he have a mod for memory cleaning the "invisibleAnimalEnemy". In single player it work but on this pve it never spawn, admin trying to make it spawn now changed values to 0, we are still trying to make it appear, some help? thank you so much and sorry my english

Hola a todos! Buen trabajo con el mod, se ve realmente divertido pero tenemos un problema en un servidor publico pve --> No podemos hacer que spawnee, nosotros hemos explorado mucho antes de instalar el mod y creo que el mapa completo ha sido explorado. El admin dijo que tiene un mod para ayudar a la memoria que limpia los "invisibleAnimalEnemy". En partidas de un jugador funciona pero en este servidor pve nunca aparece, admin esta intentando hacerlo aparecer cambiando los valores de aparicion a 0, seguimos probando para hacerlo aparecer. Alguna ayuda? gracias y lo siento por mi ingles.
                                Make sure its installed correctly. Tell the admin to go into DM, hit f6 and type Thumper.. make sure something pops up. If it doesnt show any enemies that can be spawned, its not installed correctly.

Comment

Working...
                                X