Snukfin's Server Side Z(S)ombies

Snufkin

HE DID IT, THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN. PLEASE CHECK HERE FOR THE UPDATED VERSION:

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/17992-snukfins-server-side-zsombies/?do=findComment&comment=401563

------------------------

Hi, first post here and I'd like to thank everyone for the amazing job on creating many wonderful mods for this game. Special thanks to Robeloto, who with his custom zombie pack inspired me to create my own.

Note: Recently I became friends with the admin of the server where I play, so all the mods I have created have been exclusive to our server. Now I decided to share with the community, so what I will post from now on is actually the work of many months and have been tested by several people.

Note for modders?: Take a look at the xmls, I have been exploiting many underused functions that don't require code and may circumvent the necessity of using custom resources.

This mod adds 12 new zombies to the game, each one with a different skill and all but one with a dedicated spawn. Most of the new creatures have large HP and give a lot of XP on each kill. A few have a fixed 100% prob of dropping Boss Loot, so feel free to modify the files to your liking.

Download (BASE MOD): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3jr3t4shj...2DlHqBR4a?dl=0

RESEARCH CAMERA ADDON (NEEDS BASE TO WORK): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6rzg5q1km...ggVjt8Wea?dl=0

Adds a craftable "Research Camera" and "Photographic film". Each picture of a new zombie gives you 1% extra damage to that kind. A successful picture is indicated by an audible "click" different from the regular shoot sound. The max extra damage is 25%. There is a fanfare when you complete a zombie research.

INCLUDED IS THE NOBLOODMOON XML, just rename and replace the entitygroups.xml file.

Update 16/04/2020: Edited the entitygroups.xml so it doesn't overwrites the feral horde spawns. Now it should work with other mods that add new zombies to the bloodmoon horde.

Update 18/04/2020: Added the Archon.

Update 21/04/2020: Tweaked hitboxes on the Geist and the Scarecrow.

Update 04/04/2020: Went back in time to add the Scorcher. The Siren is alive in the forest.

Update 14/04/2020: Lowered Spawnrates. Added Camera addon tags.

Update 18/04/2020: Tweaked general code. Added Research Station.

The Zombies:

BuhiuaG.pngwAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

hFmKnrY.png

yqU1Gzj.png

uLbD5w4.png

ENRlPHj.png

XNOgzkF.png

JnDaFJX.png

BnmKWOH.png

aopzCbI.png

ZUXtrXD.png

v75Mc8b.png

NfhoilG.png

4jHgupg.png

Please leave a comment if you have any questions or if anything isn't working correctly >:3

Edited by Snufkin (see edit history)

Great work. I'v been attaching prefabs to items to make some rare item loot. Its def a little time consuming getting everything in the right spots but the outcome is pretty cool. Scared to touch UMA since joel said its being worked on in the future. Don't wanna lose hours of work like all my custom biomes =( Amazing work

Thank you. Yeah, its possible to do great things attaching prefabs to items and entities. I've made a few new vehicles without the need of downloading resources. I might post them here soon.

Would it be possible to create new weapons this way? Now that would be some fun!

The day I saw the TFP update about the melee turrets I created this short range turret

az3Zrvd.jpg

And these are the vehicles I have made using only ingame resources. I took the xmlcode of the raft and the jetpack from other modders, so I will give credit if I post them.

w7y8veJ.png

Edited by Snufkin (see edit history)

These are friggin terrifying! EXCELLENT work and thanks!!!

Just dropped them in a new server build, and when it's day 3 and the Wendigo corners you....... I did die. :)

And to be an XML only modlet is outstanding.

Thank you. I had my base in the snow biome and the wendigos always kicked my ass, but it was still fun. I was thinking of adding silver bullets with extra damage to wendigos

The day I saw the TFP update about the melee turrets I created this short range turret

az3Zrvd.jpg

And these are the vehicles I have made using only ingame resources. I took the xmlcode of the raft and the jetpack from other modders, so I will give credit if I post them.

w7y8veJ.png

Wow, I would love to try some of your vehicles. Bravo!

The armored car (the one with the blue headlights) actually protects you from all damage when you are inside, but it doesn't damage the zombies. Sadly the vehicles in the game don't have an "attack" action yet, only the knockdown based on the velocity of the vehicle. I can make that the zombies that get near the vehicle get hurt, but it looks clunky :c