Snukfin's Server Side vehicleS

Snufkin

Note: These vehicles were buggy in the beginning, and the server admin where I was testing them didn't let me update the mods, so these are pretty much untested in an online environment.

Note for modders?: Take a look at the xmls, I have been exploiting many underused functions that don't require code and may circumvent the necessity of using custom resources.

This mod adds 6 new Vehicles to the game, only using XML, no new resources. Credit to Ragsy2145 for the original xmlcode for the Raft, and manux32 for the inspiration to make the jetpack.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g4e6lp5wy...j0naoWFja?dl=0

Update 18/04/20: Added particles to the Jetpack.

Update 20/04/20: Now the Armored Car has 4 seats and the Army Truck has 2

The Vehicles:

1. Armored Car: A bit slow, but inside you will be protected from most damage. Also, zombies that touch the spikes will get hurt. Storage: 54 slots.

2MR2hTU.png

2. Army Truck: Slower than a jeep and harder to drive, but it has 100 slots of storage.

3lTxk1v.png

3. Raft: Useful in maps with lots of water. It must be deployed on shallow water or the seafloor. Doesn't use gasoline. Storage: 36 slots.

4e0qVLc.png

4. Sled: Faster than a bike, uses stamina. Storage: 27 slots.

rUnwBJk.png

5. Jetpack: Vertical take off and landing, burns gas like crazy and has low capacity, has more handling than a gyrocopter. Storage: 9 slots.

mNngRnP.png

6. HellBeast: Just to make the motorcycle look cooler and see how far I could push the vehicle physics until it broke. Faster than the normal bike and with the ability to jump. The flames are part of the headlights, so you can turn them on and off. Storage: 54 slots.

kTwT6w2.png

What issues? :dejection:

Sorry i wrote that on 7daystodiemods...this i figureed out by testing :

1 – those mods are great idea and working offline

2 – those mods are NOT working on server !!! :///

And now one by one :

Armored Car : i like it really, it looks ugly but it is cool ! Only thing you need to fix are MOT MOVING WHEELS…

Army Truck : i wanted it from first time i have seen a18 photos…Its GREAT ! Only that NOT moving wheels you need to fix…

Raft : not bad idea, but there are already mods for raft, good thing – it is a server-only so nobody need to download extra stuff…if it will one day works on server…

Sled : THAT IT BRUTAL GOOD IDEA !!! I like the barking…only if it moves the legs then it is perfect !!!

Jetpack : G R E A T IDEA MAN !!!!! Just works perfect (offline…) i like it, it has a good controls, i will use it as some elevator to get on high buildings :))) maybe a little flames out of the down-tubes and its more realistic...

HellBeast : well…it is good too.The wheels are moving already, so it is already done i think.Its fast, the controlls are little worse that normall motorcycle, but thats ok.

Mmmm, the Army truck and the HellBeast were working on our server. I will figure out a way to test them.

The wheels in all the vehicles are too far from the original joints, so I choose to leave them static.

The wolf just makes his idle animation and I don't know how to change it :c

EDIT: Tried on a local server and they work.

EDIT: Tried on a local server and they work.

Well...but there is a BIG DIFFERENCE between LOCAL and PUBLIC server...so it is useless if it doesnt works on public :( :( :( thanks anyway, i will enjoy it offline...

Yeah, you're right. Could you please send me the log?

Well, if you tell me where i can find it :) becuase i have no idea man...

EDIT : I looked into files of the server and i CAN NOT find any files with the .log extension... sorry :(

They are usually on "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Logs" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data" and have names like output_log__2020-03-18__08-17-46.txt

Archived