UVM - [ Ultimate Vehicle Mod ] - Foundation Base Beta Release

DUST2DEATH

Welcome to UVM (Ultimate Vehicle mod).

This is a BETA release.

These are heavily optimized low poly vehicles that will spawn in the world, on roads and in prefabs, that can either be harvested for parts like vanilla, or upgraded to a working vehicle if you have found or crafted UVM_Vehicleaccessories item and the UVM_impactwrench to do so. You cant pick up the shell to take back to your base or keep in inventory. You must have the parts to upgrade the vehicle then collect.

You will either need to find the schematic, or unlock the grease monkey perk to craft.

The recipe for the vehicle accessories consists of:

<ingredient name="carBattery" count="1"/>
<ingredient name="vehicleWheels" count="4"/>
<ingredient name="smallEngine" count="1"/>
<ingredient name="ammoGasCan" count="7500"/>
<ingredient name="resourceMechanicalParts" count="16"/>

The Impact Wrench is in loot like the nail gun. You can find the schematic in loot also.

The recipe for the impact wrench consists of:

<ingredient name="resourceForgedSteel" count="20"/>
<ingredient name="resourceMechanicalParts" count="20"/>
<ingredient name="resourceDuctTape" count="2"/>
<ingredient name="resourceScrapPolymers" count="10"/>
<ingredient name="resourceSpring" count="5"/>

Upgrading uses a specific hit location on the vehicle, the front RIGHT headlight area when looking at the vehicle. (reasons)

A lot of time has been spent on the physics and speed balancing of the vehicles in comparison to vanilla. You can still have the vanilla vehicles by vanilla means, however. Im not that mean :p (yet)

Common vehicles are generally the slowest, while the super cars will have you flying across the map (I have based this on the speed of my PC loading chunks, keep in mind I use my biome packs etc)

Oxg2aZa.png

dBRPQX4.jpg

There are 46 Base vehicles included in this release. 31 civilian vehicles and the remaining are military (see below)

I recommend a new game as they will not spawn into already explored areas in existing games. Military vehicles will ONLY spawn in military prefabs. Pray to RNGesus.

The VEHICLES:

The spawning ranges from common, uncommon and rare

84ciVDI.png

In future updates (dont ask for a timeline) you will be able to upgrade base vehicles into upgraded "Mad Max" inspired vehicles with bumpers, armor, engines, wheels, NOS for that extra zombie killing potential.

There are known things (things, not issues) so I wont list them (just visual stuff at the moment).

Fixes:

Adds Impact Wrench to grease monkey perk

Progression unlocks of impact wrench and accessories

Loot on shells civvy/military

Car head light and brake light visuals

Adds flashing lights to emergency vehicles

Localization by Chiko and Adredan

Furthermore I could not have done this alone. There was large contributions and help from:

Ragsy

Haidr'Gna

Khaine

Guppycur

If I forgot anyone, Im sorry, its been since October :)

Edited by DUST2DEATH (see edit history)

Well done as usual!

About time, slacker. ;)

Thanks

Holy moly. Great googly moogly.

How do we go about buying you a cup of coffee or just making a donation of appreciation?

I dont know. Never thought about it. You're welcome :)

DUST2DEATH,

Where did you get/generate that graphic for the credits/distribution permissions?

I have been wanting a game mechanic (ha ha) like his for a LONG time. This is awesome. Thanks for the mod!

I just capped the permission from Nexus.

You're welcome

This looks great!! I can finally drive around in a cop car. Really nice mix of vehicles so far.

Thanks. Gup did/does have a cop car too ;)

Edited by DUST2DEATH (see edit history)

I was like first to notice this new mod here, I was first to reply and believe it or not, I still had no chance to try it! :( My mod load order is giving me headaches since yesterday, I'm pulling my hair out and going crazy, it doesn't work and I don't know what's wrong. :(

Nice to see the release is out Dust ... woot woot :car:

I was like first to notice this new mod here, I was first to reply and believe it or not, I still had no chance to try it! :( My mod load order is giving me headaches since yesterday, I'm pulling my hair out and going crazy, it doesn't work and I don't know what's wrong. :(

I think you also were first to know this mod was coming too :) ... was mentioned in a thread about vehicle overhauls and whats coming ;)

If you have other mods altering vehicle spawns like the regrowing chassis stuff that may cause an issue ... or mods changing the vehicle loot is all i can think of without detailed log !

Regards

Ragsy

Nice to see the release is out Dust ... woot woot :car:

I think you also were first to know this mod was coming too :) ... was mentioned in a thread about vehicle overhauls and whats coming ;)

If you have other mods altering vehicle spawns like the regrowing chassis stuff that may cause an issue ... or mods changing the vehicle loot is all i can think of without detailed log !

Regards

Ragsy

Thanks Ragsy, I don't know what's wrong, but right now I'm literally adding mods one by one waiting to see when that incompatibility occurs. It's annoying to test over 80 mods like this, but I guess I have no other choice. :chargrined:

Beta 2 uploaded to Nexus and Gitlab.

DOWNLOAD FOUNDATION BASE BETA 2 RELEASE FROM NEXUS

DOWNLOAD FOUNDATION BASE BETA 2 RELEASE FROM GITLAB

Fixes:

Adds Impact Wrench to grease monkey perk

Progression unlocks of impact wrench and accessories

Loot on shells civvy/military

Car head light and brake light visuals

Adds flashing lights to emergency vehicles

Localization by Chiko and Adredan

Wow just came across this. This looks fantastic! I love the design behind this mod and how it actually gives players something "More" to do while making the world feel more lived in. I will ping the rest of my server group to see if they are interested in giving this a whirl. Bravo!!!

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)