Telrics Pokemod

Telric

Welcome to the new Pokemod! This mod used to be an sdx mod. Now it's all xml! It also comes with a few new features. So lets dig in.

TLDR: 1000 dukes > poke trainer pack > equip pokedex > use gloves' right click to allow control on a caught pokemon > catch other pokemon or duel others...

Also, this mod does not require a world restart. Bushes and pokemon will spawn throughout normal gameplay.

Obviously 'pokemon' does not belong to me..

Download link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pyuubtynmi...on2.0.zip?dl=0

To get started on your pokemon catching journey, you'll need 1000 dukes. You'll use those to craft a Pokemon Trainers Starter Pack. This will contain a few items you'll need.

A pokedex will come in this pack. This is an important tool. Using the left and right click on the pokedex while NOT crouched will change your pokemon team from red to blue and back. This is used to allow players to duel pokemon if they wish and is required to control a pokemon to fight wild ones. Left clicking while crouched and near a pokemon will display that pokemon's type above their head. This is useful for finding which pokemon to use against them to deal the most damage. Being crouched and right clicking will remove both team buffs, if you decide you dont want it on your buff list. The first time you equip this in your toolbar, you'll get some new buffs that will be required for pokemon mod. The first buff being a pokemon trainer level.

Pokemon trainer levels are a new leveling system that affects a few things. You'll start at level 1. Defeating wild pokemon and trainer pokemon will give you various amounts of experience. You can also get a small amount of experience by uprooting apricorn bushes, which are found randomly in the world. Defeating wild or trainer pokemon will also give you some pokebucks. These are used to craft new abilities once they are unlocked.

You have a chance to unlock a random ability each time your pokemon trainer level goes up. You can also get new abilities by defeating trainers. They have a chance to drop a random ability unlock.

Apricorn bushes can be uprooted only by summoning a pokemon and using an ability. Any ability will uproot the bush. Looting the uprooted bush will give you a few apricorns that can be turned into pokeballs.

Pokemon that you have caught can be summoned by right clicking. This will place a pokeball. DO NOT walk on the pokeball as it will destroy the spawner and you will lose the pokemon. Once a pokemon is spawned, you can right click with the pokemon trainers gloves to mark it as part of your team. You will see a red or blue pokeball above the pokemon, saying which team it's on. A pokemon will need to match your team in order to obey any ability orders you give it.

Abilities are used to deal damage and healing to pokemon. Simply be near your pokemon (about 10 blocks) and left click the ability. This will cause your pokemon to attack as well as get a cooldown. You will see a stopwatch icon above the pokemon if they are on cooldown. Using abilities while a pokemon is on cooldown will not trigger an attack. Healing abilities and attack abilities are on different cooldowns. Healing abilities show a blue cooldown timer.

Use your pokemon and your abilities to slowly whittle down a wild pokemons health. Once their health is at a certain percent, they will get a particle showing they are capturable. At this time, use the pokemon trainers gloves and throw a pokeball at them to catch them. But be fast. You only have 10 seconds before they are fully healed! Using a masterball, however, will not require the pokemon to be low on health.

Once you are done using your caught pokemon, they can be easily returned by throwing a pokeball at them. They do not need to be low on health, if they are caught.

Dueling pokemon requires one player to be on red team and one to be on blue team. Both will need to summon their pokemon and use their poke gloves to mark their pokemon on the same team as themselves. Once that's done, grab your abilities and have at each other! The first pokemon to fall is the losing one.

There are a total of 25 pokemon in this release.

As always, let me know if you enjoy the mod or if you find something wrong. This went through a little testing and had to be changed last moment due to some multiplayer compatibility. But seeing as a core part of it was to allow players to duel pokemon, the changes were needed.

Enjoy!

Wow, cool! I'll have to try it now!

Can you use these Pokemon to fight the zombies?

I'm a little confused on how to uproot the Pokemon bush. After setting the Caterpie next to the bush, and both left and right clicking with the Bite in my hand, nothing seems to happen, and the Caterpie just wanders away. :(

Wow, cool! I'll have to try it now!

Can you use these Pokemon to fight the zombies?

I'm a little confused on how to uproot the Pokemon bush. After setting the Caterpie next to the bush, and both left and right clicking with the Bite in my hand, nothing seems to happen, and the Caterpie just wanders away. :(

Hey! Long time since I seen you lol. Pokemon can't be used to fight zombies as their damage is all buff based. They are immune to physical damage so players need to use a Pokemon to fight a wild pokemon.

as for your caterpie, be sure to mark it with your team color. Use the pokedex to chose red or blue team and then right click on caterpie while holding the poke gloves. Without being on a team they won't take any orders.

Okay, I think I got it now. But spawning the Pokemon seems to be a hit or miss half the time. Meaning even after I set the Pokeball down to summon the Pokemon, and I right-click it with the trainer gloves, nothing happens. It only happens about half the time, though. Sometimes it'll work. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong...

You're probably stepping on the pokeball. You dont right click the pokeball, infact, you need to stay away from the pokeball till after it spawns. Once your pokemon spawns, THEN you right click that pokemon. If you step on the pokeball before the pokemon is spawned, you will destroy the spawner and wont see your pokemon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
38 minutes ago, Balthial said:

So I am new to modding 7 days to die and am having issues with getting the Null error whenever I play the game using this mod. How do I download it to fix and prevent this issue? I downloaded it to the Mod folder, Is there any other steps?

That's all the steps, but this mod is for alpha 18. It's not going to work in alpha 19 if you're trying there. ATM I dont have plans to update it.. Wasn't a very popular mod. lol

12 hours ago, Telric said:

That's all the steps, but this mod is for alpha 18. It's not going to work in alpha 19 if you're trying there. ATM I dont have plans to update it.. Wasn't a very popular mod. lol

Aww, I was hoping it'd be updated, because I enjoyed it. Although I can see why it wasn't popular.  The Pokemon were useless in fighting zombies or building your bases.  The Pokemon training thing was just something to do when you got bored, lol.

On 9/23/2020 at 5:42 AM, CrypticGirl said:

Aww, I was hoping it'd be updated, because I enjoyed it. Although I can see why it wasn't popular.  The Pokemon were useless in fighting zombies or building your bases.  The Pokemon training thing was just something to do when you got bored, lol.

Same I was hoping it was still being kept up with haha

55 minutes ago, Balthial said:

One last question, I'm using the mod in 18.4 and turned off zombie spawns to give it all for pokemon, do I need zombie spawns on to see them? None have been spawning and I've been searching a 2km distance

Uhh possibly. i never tested without zombies on. I think several of them use a zombie entity and some use animals.. There should be spawns that you've seen by now, if you've explored that much. They were pretty common.

7 minutes ago, Telric said:

There should be a few pokemon that spawn in the desert. Each biome has a different set of spawns.. Might want to check it's installed correctly by opening up the spawn menu in DM and just see if some pokemon are in there.

Opened it up and it shows they are there. Might just be connected to the zombies but I was able to spawn in some too

Of course when you look away and go back to where they spawned they despawn but

Archived