A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

d9ZekgH.png

Note: This Mod was built on A16.4

This is a relatively large mod pack I've gradually created over time. It's mainly a collaboration of all my smaller mods placed together into one larger file. Those individual mods you can find here: Valmar's Mod Collection

The Valmod Pack comes in two different flavors. The Expansion pack and The Overhaul pack.

The Expansion pack is meant to be viewed, as the name implies, as an expansion pack for the game. What this means is that it adds a bunch of new features to the game without dramatically changing the overall vanilla gameplay experience. Great if you're happy with 7DTD but just want to have more stuff to do.

The Overhaul pack adds the same items and content to the game as the expansion with the key difference being that unlike the expansion the overhaul, as the name implies overhauls some basic aspects of the game. Mainly the recipe system is considerably locked down compared to vanilla. The overhaul is intended for those who want a new experience from the game.

Features:

Class System

Overhauled Progression Skill System (Overhaul Only)

Working Ovens and Sinks

New Zombie Bosses

New Cooking Recipes

New Workstations

New Plant Farming

New Storage Containers

New Weapons

New Weapon Mods

New Tools

New Quests

New Ammo Types

New Traps

New Armor

New Clothes

Dismantle or Convert Ammo

Safe Lockpicks

Legendary Weapons

Animal Snares

Chicken Coops

More Vanilla Recipes

More Dynamic Loot

Custom Icons

Custom UI

UI Sample:

RwGHCEG.jpg

How to Install:

Right Click 7 Days To Die and select properties

Click the Local Files Tab

Click the Browse local files button.

Open the Valmod zip. Open the first folder inside. Inside is a Data and Mods folder. Drag and drop these folders into the game's directory, overwriting when prompted.

Example Install Photo:

ValmodInstallPhoto_zps7pud2mao.png

Class System

When you start the game you will be given a Class Selection book and a Class Key note. With the Class Selection you able to craft/choose one of several classes. Search for “class” in the crafting menu to see the available options.

After you decide on a class you get a class briefcase that you then place on the ground and open either with your class key or by breaking it. This unlocks the case which then can be looted to get all the class-specific recipes along with a bundle of starting items related to the chosen class.

Note: Classes only determine your starting gear. They do not lock you out of learning anything else, you can still master everything.

Warning: this guide is not yet updated to A16.

Overhauled Progression System

In Valmod Overhaul many recipe books have been changed to only give skill points rather than unlock recipes. Recipes are now unlocked based off your skill level in relevant skills - such as construction tools, archery, guns, mining tools, cooking, blacksmithing, carpentry, traps... so on and so forth. This means that as you level various skills you can gradually unlock new recipes associated with those skills. Given the drastic nature of this change I include a link that lists all the changes related to this below:

Valmod Overhaul Progression Tree Changes

New Zombies

Valmod features several custom, unique Zombies. Some are "boss" zombies while some are just for variety.

These include:

Feral Crawler

New Lumberjack

Burning Crawler

Burning Spider

Burning Runner

Burning Boss (Spits fire)

Trucker Boss

Grave Reaper

Ravager

Monstrous Brute

Expanded Cooking Recipes

Now the bowl serves a purpose other than making decoration. All stew recipes now require a bowl of water instead of a jar of water and will return the bowl to you when you eat.

Food recipes will require bowls of water instead of bottled water.

Bowl's can be be used just like glass jars to gather water. Just like with the bottled water you'll have to boil the bowl of water to get a clean version before you can safely drink it or use it. (Bowl of Murky Water turns into Bowl of Water).

Boiled food now uses a bowl of water as the cooking tool instead of cooking pot.

Cornbread uses a bowl of water as the cooking tool instead of a cooking pot.

Empty cans now serve a purpose as you can now pour your stews into them to get canned variants that have no smell.

Pour your canned foods into bowls and warm them up for tasty wellness-providing variants.

Survivor Notes: Skill Points

You can find Survivor Notes on zombie loot and other various locations which can be read for skill points. You can also scrap recipe books you find in loot for survivor notes.

New Weapons and Tools

The following weapons and tools have been added to the game:

Bolt Rifle

Iron Crossbow

Repeater Crossbow

Combat Axe

Boomstick

Weed Cleaver

Scythe

Sniper High-Powered Scoped

Legendary Weapons

New Ammo Types

All the guns now have alternative ammo types that you can use. You unlock these by investing to perk level 2 in the relevant ammo perk.

New ammo includes:

9mm, 10mm, 762mm Hollow Point Rounds - The most damaging of rounds.

9mm, 10mm, 762mm Incendiary Rounds - These rounds deal a little extra damage and can set the enemy on fire.

Blunderbuss Shredder Ammo - Deals more damage and causes bleeding.

Incendiary Shell - Shotgun shells that set the enemy on fire.

Loki Shells – Shotgun shells similar to the incendiary shell.

Siege Shell - Shotgun shells that deal relatively little damage to enemies but a lot to blocks.

Crafting ammo also requires specific shell casings. Such as 9mm Casing or Shotgun Shell Casing. (Overhaul)

Note: There is a bug where the gun will not accurately display the correct damage the gun deals when you swap ammo. Do not worry, this is just a visual bug.

Workstations

There are a few new workstations added to the game.

Armory (Overhaul Only) – This workstation is required for crafting armors. Each tier of armor requires a different tool in the workbench to craft. Cloth and animal hide require a sewing kit, leather requires a tanning rack and iron and steel armors require a welding torch.

Merchant Delivery Box - Craftable vendor to buy supplies from.

Quest Board - Craftable vendor to buy quests from.

Misc

Keep yourself in-the-loop for future updates by joining the Valmod Steam Group

Valmod Overhaul Horde Edition

Install ontop of Overhaul to get lethal headshots, larger hordes and disable climbing zombies.

DOES NOT WORK WITH EXPANSION PACK. OVERHAUL ONLY.

Servers and credits listed in below post.

7nILlEI.png

UIT7mt3.png

JAbXiiA.png

Servers

Valmod is compatible with servers however those who play on the server will have to install the mod locally to get the full experience.

If you'd like your server listed here please let me know. Also note that the below servers are ones shared with me by users. I am not responsible for their stability or server moderation. If one of the servers listed are no longer active please let me know.

(Old Server listing have been nuked due to the fresh alpha release, please PM me if you want your server listed)

Death Plague's PvP No WIMPS Hard Server

IP: 63.251.42.50

Port: 24132

Description:

Valmod Overhaul

Based in USA

Botman

AllianceGamingServers | Lightbringer | Valmod OH | PVE

IP: 66.138.151.11

Port: 25110

Description:

Valmod Overhaul, Active Admins, friendly community, trader mall, admin poi's, admin bug fixes.

OrionCluster

IP: 73.11.61.77

Port: 25000

Description:

Valmod Overhaul

Based in USA

**** The Place **** - PvE, Valmod Overhaul

IP: 64.94.95.146

Port: 18420

Description:

Valmod Overhaul

Discord Server

Botman

OutlawGaming420

IP: 209.90.230.98

Port: 25646

Description:

Valmod Expansion

Discord Server

PvE

Scorched Earth Val-mod OH Player economy + prefabs 45 slot backpack (PVE/PVP TOWNS)

IP: 95.146.21.176

Port: 26900

Description:

Valmod Overhaul + prefabs and large pack (server sided)

Based in London

Botman + CBSM

Mainly a PVE server with PVP zones and towns and a main mega trade hub where it is controlled by players. Had mode server and a loot cave challenge in main PVP city.

Valmod Super Pak

IP: 108.61.121.48

Port: 25040

Description:

Valmod Overhaul + Compo Prefab Pack

Random Gen

Based in USA

Valmod Overhaul Pack Mod

IP: 185.38.150.2

Port: 45065

Description:

Valmod Overhaul

Based in UK

Unknownskies

IP: unknownskies.online

Description:

Valmod Expansion

PVE Server

Based in USA

Asylum Multigaming

IP: 5.9.106.201

Description:

Contact (you_suck88) on steam if you have any questions or need anything

Valmod Overhaul

Based in Germany

This is the format I use. This is more for my benefit than anyone else, pay it no mind.

[b][u]ServerName[/u][/b]
[b][u]IP:[/u][/b][color="#FFFF00"] Number[/color]
[b][u]Port:[/u][/b][color="#FFFF00"] Number[/color]
[b][u]Description:[/u][/b]

This mod pack also supports the 7D2D Mod Launcher, making it even easier for clients on servers to keep their files up-to-date!

y4tdls4.png

Credits/Thanks

Big thanks to LokiTheWeaver, Kalrath, 40QuidKidd, Ethena, StompyNZ, RedEagleLXIX, Sirillion and JaxTeller718. There are others, of course, but I'd be here all day if I was to name everyone. Thank you. :loyal:

Note: My UI is based off of Sirilions's work. You can find his original UI here: Sirillion's SMX UI Mod.

Wow, whole lot of nice stuff here to check out. I'm really digging the classes idea, it's something I fully expect to be implemented into vanilla someday along with starting locations (eg: hunter starts in a log cabin in the woods) which makes a lot more sense than "I'm naked in the woods and suddenly apocalypse".

It's good to have a one-stop-shop for all things Valmar. I've gotten a lot of ideas from your frequent posts and your code in the short time I've been here. Thank you for that.

Your mods are very much along the same lines as my approach. I'd use them wholesale, but I prefer slow and careful integration so that I can maintain my understanding of everything that's going on in the code.

@Xamllew

Thank you. I'm very much hoping my little class system setup is made completely irrelevant in A14. I'm sure whatever the pimps come up with will be much better. Still, was fun to make.

@Alex

You humble me. Slow and careful is the best approach to have, I think. To give a bit of perspective I've been working on the class system alone for like a week. Im not sure what standard should be used to determine if thats a long time but for me it feels like its been a long time. Its nice to finally have it out there.

@Hotrod

I described it in the OP but I perhaps wasn't able to be very clear on the steps. I was fighting text constraints - I had to shorten a lot of things just to get that post to fit. I dread what I'm going to have to do whenever I start adding more changes.

Anyway, I'll quote what I said in OP:

"When you start the game you will be given a Class Selection book and a Class Key note. You place the Class Selection item in your crafting grid starting from the top left corner and onward to decide which class you want. After you decide on a class you get a Class briefcase that you then place on the ground and open either with your class key or breaking it. This unlocks the case which then can be looted to get all the class-specific recipes along with a bundle of starting items. "

So here's my question: Was that not clear enough on the steps or did you only skim through it? I'm not asking to be narky or defensive or whatever, I genuinely want to know. I'm not very good at explaining things to others so I would like make simple, clear instructions for it so that its easy to follow. If my original post was unclear on that then I'll try to fix it. Though I'm not really sure how else to explain it.

@Xamllew

Thank you. I'm very much hoping my little class system setup is made completely irrelevant in A14. I'm sure whatever the pimps come up with will be much better. Still, was fun to make.

@Alex

You humble me. Slow and careful is the best approach to have, I think. To give a bit of perspective I've been working on the class system alone for like a week. Im not sure what standard should be used to determine if thats a long time but for me it feels like its been a long time. Its nice to finally have it out there.

@Hotrod

I described it in the OP but I perhaps wasn't able to be very clear on the steps. I was fighting text constraints - I had to shorten a lot of things just to get that post to fit. I dread what I'm going to have to do whenever I start adding more changes.

Anyway, I'll quote what I said in OP:

"When you start the game you will be given a Class Selection book and a Class Key note. You place the Class Selection item in your crafting grid starting from the top left corner and onward to decide which class you want. After you decide on a class you get a Class briefcase that you then place on the ground and open either with your class key or breaking it. This unlocks the case which then can be looted to get all the class-specific recipes along with a bundle of starting items. "

So here's my question: Was that not clear enough on the steps or did you only skim through it? I'm not asking to be narky or defensive or whatever, I genuinely want to know. I'm not very good at explaining things to others so I would like make simple, clear instructions for it so that its easy to follow. If my original post was unclear on that then I'll try to fix it. Though I'm not really sure how else to explain it.

I'd say highlight the sections. I appeared to have lost it in the wall of text.

How To "Choose" a Class:

"When you start the game you will be given a Class Selection book and a Class Key note.

You place the Class Selection item in your crafting grid starting from the top left corner and onward to decide which class you want.

After you decide on a class you get a Class briefcase that you then place on the ground and open either with your class key or breaking it. This unlocks the case which then can be looted to get all the class-specific recipes along with a bundle of starting items.

Or something, I just lost it despite trying to find it, admittedly I only re-read the post 3 times. I'd take advantage of the alliteration or the word "Class"

Class-Choosing

Class attainment..

I just lost it.

It also, nd this is not negative criticism, couldn't hurt to show us a demonstration video, or picture-walk through.

I forgot to add the iron crossbow recipe book. Funny since I remembered the note. Well, fixed now.

Fixed that oversight. Your move, mod. [Queue The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly theme]

@Hotrod

It isn't a wall of text. [showing pet-peeve]

But I get what you're saying. I'm not sure I can make it quite as clear as you lay out. Its no joke when I say I had to go through it deleting SPACES just to get enough room in the post.

As for walkthroughs it would be nice but I just dont know what exactly to show. It isn't exactly complicated in the first place. What is there that needs to be explained in a video?

Update: Was able to squeeze in some bolt text. It isn't much but it should help. Maybe. I think.

This is badass! You are becoming one of my favorite modders-to-watch!

Could I possibly use your breakable door locks and working oven/sinks mods in my Walking Dead mod? ^_^ I already need to add a credits section for my next update, hehe

As mentioned in my "Final Thoughts":

"Anyone interested in taking the mod apart, combining it with others, modifying or anything are free to do so, no need to ask. Do whatever you want, just try to have fun. "

Have at, Hoss. If I cared about people using these things I wouldn't share them in the first place, right? No need to worry about credits for anything of "mine". No one reads them and it only adds more stuff to worry about. :)

Not that I'm telling you what to do, of course. That's kinda the point. Do what you want.

Dude, this dudette considers your mods to be the reason I started modding 7 Days at all. Your stuff just adds so much to the game.

You're the one who motivated me to post my (somewhat less than perfect) drawbridges mod. Not because you told me to or anything like that, but because you showed me the way in terms of making the game better for everyone.

Personally, I feel the same way: If someone comes up with a better (and less buggy) way of implementing drawbridges, I'm totally happy to use their version rather than mine.

I'm tryng it on SP right now. So far I have only one input. For the knowledge books (common uncommon, astute... ) change the recipes for those so that the survivor Notes are laid out in the grid instead of stacked. Because without looking into the XML, I had no idea how many survivor notes I needed. Same thing with tattered feathers.

@Kadera

Thank you very much for your kind words. I look forward to seeing what mods you bring to the game. The more modders the better. :)

@Crys416

Hey Happle. Originally I was going to do it like you say, with the survivor notes. The problem was the grid was sorta buggy with that and I was quickly running out of room. There weren't even going to be books originally, just notes.

Plus one of the books costs 20 notes. I'm not sure I'd even have enough room for that even if I wanted and there were no glitches.

The feathers I could rework around but I made them require just one stack (instead of four grids) for the sake of ease-of-use after-the-fact. Yes, figuring out that you need four might be a bit annoying but after you've figured that out (which shouldn't be too hard, honestly, its only four, not like the notes which range) all you have to do is drag-drop your stack of tattered feathers in the center grid. It's easier then putting each feather in its own little square, imo. I'll see how the response is to it. If people prefer them to be in their own grid then I can do that.

The Survivor Notes though.... not so much. My hands are a bit tied. Though I could add numbers to the books to tell how many notes each one requires.

Something like "Survivor Professional Knowledge (20)"

Does that sound better?

Update: Renamed the Survivor books to include numbers to make it easier to tell how many notes you need to craft them. Thanks for the tip, Crys.

Also added a few more light blocks to the game: two fire poles and a barrel. Big thanks to Gazz for providing the code for this one. :)

@Bigc

Glad you're enjoying them. Please let me know if you ever encounter bugs and I'll be sure to address them to the best of my ability. Have fun.

Hi there. First of all, I am loving your mod. Just wanted to let you know I did notice a bug. When starting with the Medic class, you end up with a second Class Selection book instead of the Quality Medical book. When I checked the code I saw that those two books share the same item ID. I changed the item ID for the Class Selection book to 1480 in my files (just a random number that didn't appear to have anything attached to it) and it seems to have fixed the problem.

Please keep up the good work. This mod is a ton of fun!

Thank you for the report - and very detailed at that! That's quite the oversight on my part. I fixed it for future downloads. I apologize for the inconvenience. If you discover any more hiccups please let me know and I'll do my best to clear it up.

I would love to run a server with this but I think it would be better if you could no longer find schematics at all. If everything had to be learned through your class system with the notes. Do you have any tips on how I could change the mod to make that happen. I'm sure it's probably as easy as removing them from the drop tables but I have a funny feeling that I would somehow cause everything to light on fire, lol.

Archived