A15-16? Valmar's Mod Collection

Valmar

This is a collection of all the various mods I've created and shared. I'll keep this list updated whenever I post a new mod. I will include a brief description of each mod. For more details please check the individual mod pages.

Valmod Pack

Summary: A complete mod overhaul that features the majority of my mods all combined together into one large, easy-to-use package. Comes full of minor tweaks and changes to make the game more interesting and also features an optional Class system for players looking for something a bit different. View the page link for more in-depth details.

Expanded Cooking Recipes and Foods

Summary: Adds tons of new cooking recipes to the game along with a new mechanic for cooking foods - now you use bowls of water instead of jars and get the bowl back after you eat the food. No more eating glass!

Survivor Notes - Recipe Books

Summary: This mod introduces "Survivor Notes" to zombie loot that you can save up and use to craft recipe books.

Working Electric Lights

Summary: This introduces real working craftable lights to the game. Light up your bases with something more useful than candles or set up street lights around your base to prepare for nightly attacks.

Working Ovens and Sinks

Summary: Craft sinks to act as a source of clean water or ovens to work as a campfire.

Expanded Traps

Summary: Protect your base with new traps, including ones that sets zombies on fire.

Expanded Player Storage Containers

Summary: Adds a bunch of new containers the player can craft for storing items - nearly every container in the game has been added. Even coffins.

Animal Snares

Summary: Bait and trap animals to make hunting less of a chore.

Expanded Ammo Types

Summary: Adds new gun ammo types to the game such a hollow points and incendiary rounds.

Survivor's Pack Starting Gear

Summary: A mod that lets players start the game off with a survivor's backpack that they can open up to get some starting gear like clothes and a basic weapon.

Extra Block Recipes

Summary: Adds some new recipes to the game to allow the player to craft various blocks that were otherwise only found in creative-mode. Good for builders or decorators.

Expanded Weapons and Tools

Summary: Adds a more weapons and tools such as assault rifle, iron bow and combat axe just to name a few.

Pig Farm

Summary: Adds a craftable pig that you can place down for decoration purposes for those who want to build a farm.

Admin Tools

Summary: Adds admins tools and items, including a "gain all recipes" book and tools to clear out blocks quickly.

Disable Falling Trees

Summary: A simple and quick rundown on how to disable the falling tree animation.

Starter Class System

Summary: A mod that adds starter classes to choose from at the start of the game.

Expanded Clothing

Summary: A mod that adds various new clothes and color variants to the game.

Dye Station - Color Your Armors

Summary: This mod adds a new dye station the player can use to dye his armors various colors for extra customization.

Door Lock Smash

Summary: This mod lets you bash the lock of prefab doors instead of having to completely break the door down to get inside.

Clingwrap - Seal Raw Meat

Summary: This mod lets you find clingfilm wrap in cupboards that you can use to wrap up raw meat to prevent it from smelling.

Armory Workstation

Summary: A special workstation thats used to craft armors.

Buffed Airdrop Crate Loot

Summary: Buffs the loot you find in the air-dropped supply crates.

Ammo Dismantling

Summary: Allows you to dismantle your bullets back down to to their base components.

• 1 month later...

I copy and pasted the files where I am supposed to.....in you files you had 1580...1581, but my last file number started with 1442 so I changed your numbers to follow sync with mine.....was I supposed to do this? also...how to I craft firetrap? and am I supposed to find a book or should it be in my recipes? sorry for questions but I'm new to modding 7DTD.thanks

Hello Balboa. I'm impressed you found this buried as it was in the topics. :)

You are safe to change the numbers, all that matters is that no ID number is used twice in any xml. So no duplicates, essentially. Long as you didn't make them the same ID as something else, you should be fine to renumber them however you'd like.

The fire trap should be in your crafting menu. In my Valmod Pack it is potentially locked behind a book but since you've added it individually you should be just fine. Does it not show up when you search for fire?

Also, don't be sorry for any questions. I welcome you the modding community and hope I am here to help should you need it.

@Jax

The Valmod pack is the full package, yes. Everything included here and then some. If you like what I have here I suggest heavily with just going for the Valmod Pack. Just be mindful of which version you grab (full or lite) since the full version locks down the recipes pretty hard and is very different from vanilla. The lite version however is perfect if you want the game to play similar to vanilla but still want all the new toy and additions.

• 1 month later...

Valmar: Just a few notes for you -

EXPANDED COOKING AND FOODS:

-when we arent using your icons, some food items (the ones using venisonStew as the custom icon) aren't showing. I'm assuming this needs to be meatStew now.

EXPANDED FARMING

-can we get the seeds recipes to show under the food crafting categories

EXPANDED PLAYER STORAGE

-recipes are not found under any of the categories- have to use the search function to find them

I fixed the oversight mentioned with the expanded cooking icons and added the seeds to the food/cooking group. The expanded player storage containers should now appear in the Decor/Miscellaneous category.

Thank you for the feedback.

• 1 month later...

We can't add descriptions to items with the XML at the moment. So yes, would be nice, but nothing I can do about it right now.

I don't know what a "GD book" is but I assume you're referring to recipe books. The answer to this question should be detailed in the specific mod, assuming the mod uses skill books.

In short: read what you install and don't install mods blindly.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you're actually using the Valmod Pack and not individual mods. In which case the Valmod Pack includes with a Valmod Guide that goes into very specific detail about everything.

Fortunately the majority of books should be pretty intuitive about what they teach. What does the Fireaxe Schematic teach? Probably not a shotgun. What does Masonry Basics teach? Probably not electric lights. What book locks down the bow and arrow? Archery of Beginners or Gardening Tool Schematics? At anyrate if there is ever doubt about what teaches what - thats what the guide is for.

valmar, i suggest the following changes to your "Admin Tools":

1)remove the water and food values from the admin pills, and instead make admin food. this is because you can't use the admin pills if you are full, which happens often if your just spawning zombies trying to test an idea.

<item id="1009" name="Admin food">
     <property name="CustomIcon" value="painkillers" />
     <property name="CustomIconTint" value="FF0000" /> -->
     <property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Health/painkillersPrefab" />
     <property name="Material" value="organic" />
     <property name="HoldType" value="16" />
     <property class="Action1">
           <!-- UseAction -->
           <property name="Class" value="Eat" />
           <property name="Delay" value="1.0" />
           <property name="Use_time" value="..." />
           <property name="Gain_health" value="200" />
           <property name="Gain_food" value="99" />
           <property name="Gain_water" value="99" />
           <property name="Sound_start" value="UseActions/player_painkillers" />
       </property>
</item>
<item id="1005" name="Admin Pill">
           <!-- UseAction -->
           <property name="Gain_health" value="200" />
           <property name="Debuff" value="freezing,hypo1,hypo2,hypo3,overheated,heat1,heat2,drowning,bleeding,burning,burningSmall,infection,infection2,infection3,foodPoisoning,sprainedLeg,internalBleeding,dysentery,dysentery2,brokenLeg,AlcoholPoisoning" />
     </property>
</item>

2) add admin vitamins, i use your mod to do alot of experimental ideas that can range from anything. sometimes that means health experiments, and this way i don't have to down alot of vitamins.

<item id="1010" name="Admin vitamins">
           <!-- UseAction -->
    <property name="Gain_wellness" value="100" />
     </property>
</item>

3)make the following changes to the admin stone axe, this makes it so it's also a super repair tool

<property name="Repair_amount" value="9999" />
           <property name="Upgrade_hit_offset" value="-9999" />

these are just things i think would server all of those who download your mod. sure they could do it themselves but why not streamline things a little?

Just curious Valmar if you have any other al'a carte mods? I wish more people would do such things like this! This has allowed me to truly tailor my server to my group of players enjoyment so thank you very much!

I've searched high and low on forums here and steam. There was only 1 kevlar/camo clothing/armor mod I could find. I'm not certain how well it will mesh with the modifications I've already got but I'm going to give it a go right now. Was wondering if you've got any other "expanded" type mods?

<property name="Repair_amount" value="10" />

increase that to 5000 or so and it should do what you want

Edit: just read up further and saw you already suggested that, nevermind me :)

what does the upgrade_off orwhatever thing do?i have no idea but i set it to a massive -9999 anyway

what does the upgrade_off orwhatever thing do?i have no idea but i set it to a massive -9999 anyway

I'm not 100% sure but I assume it is an offset to the count found in the upgrade path, for example: <property name="UpgradeHitCount" value="4" /> would be 4 hit with the axe, and 1 (4-3) with the nailgun)

Every upgradable block has a value of 4

"]Upgrade_hit_offset

/../.."]Upgrade_hit_offset Items

"]UpgradeHitCount

/../.."]UpgradeHitCount Blocks

Hey guys im having a little bit of a pickle, im using your mod (which is absolutely brillant!) but im having a problem, When i seem to download the prefab combo pack it errors out and it wont start the game any idea how to sort it? i want to use this mod with lots of prefab buildings but it doesnt seem to work for me ;/

Just curious Valmar if you have any other al'a carte mods? I wish more people would do such things like this! This has allowed me to truly tailor my server to my group of players enjoyment so thank you very much!

I've searched high and low on forums here and steam. There was only 1 kevlar/camo clothing/armor mod I could find. I'm not certain how well it will mesh with the modifications I've already got but I'm going to give it a go right now. Was wondering if you've got any other "expanded" type mods?

Far as I know all my "individual" mods are listed here. I do have more mods made but they're contained in the Valmod Pack. My "Expanded Clothing" mod should have camo clothes of some description, but Im not sure thats what you're after.

Hey guys im having a little bit of a pickle, im using your mod (which is absolutely brillant!) but im having a problem, When i seem to download the prefab combo pack it errors out and it wont start the game any idea how to sort it? i want to use this mod with lots of prefab buildings but it doesnt seem to work for me ;/

Are you referring to the Valmod Pack? This collection lists many different mods, so I'm not sure what one specifically you're referring to. I assume the Valmod Pack. Either way all my mods, including the Valmod Pack, is compatible with the Compo Prefab pack. If you're using my Valmod Pack just replace my rwgmixer.xml with the one given to you by the compo pack and it should work.

If this doesn't work send a copy of the output log and I'll take a peek.

Hi Valmar

Maybe you can help me...

I'm using your mod to test with as I love the items and additions it gives.

I was wanting to know if You can hep me with coding snippet

to show me how to "Disable block damage". I'm making a small town and

and don't want main buildings to get destroyed in anyway.

I would love to make Admin Blocks you can put down, that are not breakable.

Can you help me out in understanding the parameters needed to make this happen?

Thanks: Once again for the mods and any help you can give me.

:)

Archived