Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prefab Builder Updated - Alpha 6 V0.63

Hi all,

Prefab Builder has been Updated again. Thanks for everyone's input.

Change log

4 Feb 2014: Version 0.63
    :- Added Block Tools Menu Item : 'Block Size 20' - Sets block size to 20 in draw window.
    :- Added Block Tools Menu Item : 'Block Size 30' - Sets block size to 30 in draw window.
    :- Added Block Tools Menu Item : 'Block Size 40(Default)' - Sets block size to 40 in draw window.
    :- Moved "Copy Layer Up" to Block Tools Menu - Removed button from window.
    :- Added Rows and Columns Text boxs
    :- Added 'Go to Layer" Button : Now jump to selected layer
    :- Added 'Begin' and 'End' text boxs, for 3D Isometric View, set before clicking button.
    :- Removed '3D Isometric' from 'Tools' Menu
    :- Cursor Keys now work to move red square around
    :- Added Block Tools Menu Item : 'Replace Block' - Replace Current Block via Block type, Orientation or Damage to another block, or same block different orientation/damage etc. Change in current layer, All or selective row/column, or All Prefab.

Full Archive is here
    TKN Archive is here for those that have the full archive.

Any bugs, let me know, of course. Please use backups, when testing..

AussieWombat

Thanks AussieWombat

Comment

Thanks Aussie. This should speed up prefab creation quick question is there a way to take a carbon copy of a specified set of blocks and put it in another location?

For example, lets say you build a tower and want to create multiple copies of it throughout the prefab.

I would assume the user would need to specify a block range to copy. (Ie. Rows, columns, and layers). This feature would probably be an expansion of your replacement block tool.

Comment

Is that similar to your fill pillar request. Maybe I should make a copy section up block menu item, where it copies up a selection of rows/columns up to the next layer, which would be an expansion on the copy layer up menu item..

AussieWombat

or just add the fill pillar menu item, row 3, column 4 , all layers, or a selection of layers..
        Last edited by AussieWombat; 02-04-2014, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Either sounds good. Would do wonders for makeing multi layer walls.

Comment

are there any youtube videos of how to use this? also my friend downloaded and got to the point of putting the new prefab into the world but when he got to the co-ords of where hed placed it it wasnt there?

any tutorials no matter how small would be helpful

Comment

In the Prefabs.xml file the coordinates go in X, Z, Y format , and only put the name in for the model, don't include the .tts

I will have to see if I can do some tutorial video's

AussieWombat

[edit]
              If you use the game(if possible) that you got the coordinates from, and delete all the region files, 7DTD will repopulate the regions for you and include the new prefab. You won't have to run anywhere, as it will be right there in front of you...

[/edit]
              Last edited by AussieWombat; 02-05-2014, 05:19 PM.

Comment

very nice great improvements.

Comment

thank you Aussie for making this possible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNY5o...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Nice! Were any of those custom made buildings? If so please share.

Comment

Originally posted by Peppino View Post
                      thank you Aussie for making this possible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNY5o...ature=youtu.be
                      Originally posted by Laz Man View Post
                      Nice! Were any of those custom made buildings? If so please share.
                      Lol, I was going to ask the same thing about the prefabs, and the map as whole.

Comment

Hey Aussie, You're the first person as far as I know That has made a PreFab Builder for 7D2D and that couldn't excite me anymore. So I thought I'd ask a simple question cause I was wondering if this program is similar to the Minecraft (MCedit) and (Obj2MC). Obj2MC where you import a model and the program scans the whole model and finds its dimensions, also choose the size of the model if you want it really big or a certain size, as well as letting you choose the element, for example if you wanted the Bunker to be made out of Metal or Wood. Then MCedit which opens up your saved game and lets you import your model into the map where ever you want it.

Sorry for the long description but I was just making sure your program can relate to what I just explained so it's not a drag to learn how to use it.

But Please do help me understand how your program works!

Cheer! (:

Comment

Someone, once said, make a program, like MCEdit was for minecraft. I downloaded MCEdit to see how it all looked. MCEdit was more like, viewing the chunks from the map. My program was written to make prefabs, that can be distrubuted and added into any new game.

I am working on some basic video's to put on you tube..

Aussiewombat

Comment

Here's my thread(http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthr...n-Game-Object*), you're probably talking about me, and then some other user referred you and this thread. So I decided to ask, but yes please do put up videos that will help other's including me into putting in our models. Thank you very much Aussie!

Comment

Hi Aussie,

Would it be possible specify how many rows/columns to add versus doing 1 at a time? Since the design matrix redraws after each added row/column, it takes some time when trying to add more than one at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X