No announcement yet.

A16 CLASSIC Style HARDCORE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, i think your proposed option is, in fact, is more logical and close to reality:
    1. Сrushing ore to fragment - because in reality don't get out the ore in the form of a rhombus.
    2. The melting of the Metal from the Ore - because the ore is not a metal.
    3. In a specialized furnace - because regular forge works only with pure metal.

That is the result:
    Mining is one thing, a small melt of scrap metal - is different. Ore and Scrap are two different things. Ore not scrapped. That's right.

The second idea I mentioned above, was "Workstation smelter"
    In their reflection, i came to the same, except for crushing ore. But now I think it's the best option, although it's a bit like vanilla.

Most likely, first I implement the first option with the substitution of "material", and when ripe will come second.
    Ultimately I am drawn to realism.

PS: failed to implement a substitution of "material" without the addition of forge-categories ....

Last edited by n2n1; 01-16-2017, 09:13 PM. Reason: add PS...

Comment

This is just fantastic and i hope this stays as true to vanilla as possible. we need people to experience how it USED to be for history sake lol.

Comment

I reread myself and realized that I wrote it is unclear. Now there's two of vanilla - before A13 and Now.
        I meant that I don't like when getting from the ground scrapmetal and scrapled. But it is fragmented - is not block. It is right, though not as before.

I kept thinking on the about ore. Early (before A13) everything was right about the Forge. This was achieved using mold.
        Now is a designer crutches in the use of clay. One gets the feeling that it melted too.
        So I without a doubt - returned Mold.

On the other hand, the application of the additional forge proper from the point of view of metallurgy but for games it might be unnecessary....I'm confused. And this requires a separate model of the special forge, otherwise it will look far-fetched.

(this biome not exist more in A16, replace to new...)
        Last edited by n2n1; 11-07-2017, 09:46 PM.

Comment

UPDATE version MOD - v14.7.01

- improved GUI !
          - adaptation to A14.7 (b6)
          - fixed Downgrade Cement blocks
          (the full version with Assets will be later)

Originally posted by JaxTeller718 View Post
          This is just fantastic and i hope this stays as true to vanilla as possible. we need people to experience how it USED to be for history sake lol.
          Thanks!
          I understand what You mean
          But, everything moves forward and always want to add that be of modern good.
          Maybe later, on the basis of this mod - I will want to create as similar True Classic, how will allow modding.

Last edited by n2n1; 01-16-2017, 09:22 PM.

Comment

UPDATE version MOD - v14.7.03

- improved GUI and cosmetics changes, add old HUD minibike, LootContainer Grid, remastered some window.
            - tweak Biomes (Wasteland)
            - tuned game balance
            - return Book (ForgeAhead, ammunitionNationBook)
            - add some Descriptions for items and block... in english (sorry about language)
            - removed Respawn sound (for version with resource)
            - changed distance Position3rdPersonOffset for minibike (for version with resource)

Last edited by n2n1; 01-16-2017, 09:21 PM.

Comment

UPDATE version MOD - v14.8.01

- add oldstyle LootTimer
              - remastered some icon: chest, scrMetalPile, cotton, сhrysanthemum, ladders and TV - in HD now!
              - fixed ammunition recipes
              - balancing medicine, skill, weight.. and other.
              - add all old Book
              - add Description on English (yes,yes - my english...)
              - honey not cure infection more, antibiotic is not craftable, add simpleAntibiotiс for replacement.
              - wellnes decreased to 15 - you will not even be able to run... (included there is a variation of the standard Wellness look in the folder Managed)
              - some perks are replaced by books, and vice versa.
              - added BluberryJuice, Chicken meat and related recipes.
              - you can now find descriptions of the layers of the biomes - the "Geological Map"
              - add the possibility of increasing ViewDstance to 13 in main menu.
              - changed map color

Known issues:
              - often ambient sounds remain after you exit the biome

Alpha_14.8_2016-07-15_20-12-17.jpgAlpha_14.8_2016-07-15_19-08-45.jpgAlpha_14.8_2016-07-15_18-57-09.jpg

Comment

UPDATE version MOD - v14.8.03

- balancing!
                - adjustment of conformity for loot (the right things in the right places)
                - nerfing perks and skills
                - removed inappropriate sounds of the player (so far only for men)
                - increased the spawn distance of the player (away from the center)
                .dll change:
                - slow motion starry sky
                - removed visual effect RunningFOV (Thanks herrpohl !)
                - unlocked world editor (Thanks herrpohl !)
                Prefabs:
                - slightly changed some prefabs (some details )
                - added some spawn in some prefabs
                - the dog returned to the barns
                RWG:
                - return unused prefabs
                - added two additional rural hub (school, hotel, factories, hospital)
                - reduced density of POI and the probability of generation of town (compensate by two new hubs)
                - a little added new POI (some danger!)
                - slightly modified the rules of the emergence of a prefab (there are no gas stations in the burned biome, less intact buildings in wasteland, etc.)
                Items:
                - Gun Powder Charge - returned as a package of gunpowder
                - improved some icon

and more ! ...

now I'm balancing the mod and start to deal with RWG and prefabs !
                I love 7DtD !

Last edited by n2n1; 01-23-2017, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Hey n2n1!

I hope you don't mind, but since I liked the look of your mod ( I was playing Alpha 10.4 earlier; brought back some great memories), and wanted to see what I could do with it, in terms of adding it to the Mod Launcher. It posed a few unique challenges for me, but I think I pulled it off. I had to do a minor patch the Mod Launcher itself to handle it.

Some more screenshots

I made a copy of your mod in my GitHub Depot, and made some small changes.

1) Rather than using the hard-coded values of C:\\7DtD_ExtExtended\ folder, I quickly replaced the XML links to pull directly from the github depot. While not ideal, it did save the Launcher from doing an extra step of copying the folder to C:\. In my case, I don't have a lot of room on my C:\!

2) I saw you made a change to the resources.assets file. That's cool, but it's a big file! I took the liberty of using the 7D2D Mod Launcher's Patching utility to generate a patch against the vanilla version of resources.assets, and was able to shrink your change down to 145k patch, instead of 480M file.

3) Rather than use media fire, or another hosting site, I used a new repo off my personal github account to host the files, following the style that StompyNZ created. This let's you make changes to the files right online easily, and see the changes you've done over time.

One of the cool things about github is that it can automatically create a zip file of your mod on-demand, with the latest changes. This is what the Mod Launcher uses, so it always has your latest version.

One of the neatest things is, I think, that I was able to shrink your 100 Meg mod down to 13 Meg.

Thanks for the awesome mod,
                  -SphereII

Comment

Cool !!!

Originally posted by sphereii View Post
                    1) Rather than using the hard-coded values of C:\\7DtD_ExtExtended\ folder, I quickly replaced the XML links to pull directly from the github depot. While not ideal, it did save the Launcher from doing an extra step of copying the folder to C:\. In my case, I don't have a lot of room on my C:\!
                    Yes, that's an option.
                    I just don't understand why download from Internet 5MB. I'm a man of the old school and do not trust the Internet

Originally posted by sphereii View Post
                    2) I saw you made a change to the resources.assets file. That's cool, but it's a big file! I took the liberty of using the 7D2D Mod Launcher's Patching utility to generate a patch against the vanilla version of resources.assets, and was able to shrink your change down to 145k patch, instead of 480M file.
                    Yes, you just not get assets, in the download option there is a version without them.
                    (or are you saying that you can only save the difference between file assets from vanilla, and then restore back to changed file?)
                    But if you do not use my changed Assembly-CSharp.dll - then it will lead to incorrect display the grid of lootcontainer.

Sorry I'm a bad internet user and do not understand what are the modern file exchangers. But if it's more convenient - i'll be glad !

Last edited by n2n1; 01-16-2017, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Hi n2n1!

With regards to 2), I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I used the Launcher to compare the vanilla version of resources.assets, and compared it to your modified version. It then generated a binary difference of the file; so it made a new file that is only the difference between the two. This file was only 145 kilobytes. So the launcher is able to download and apply that file to the vanilla version, resulting in your modified one. If anyone uses the Launcher, they would be able to play your Full mod, which was 100 megs to download, but now they would only need to download 13 megs.

I did use your Assembly-CSharp.dll successfully

-SphereII

Comment

Last edited by n2n1; 01-18-2018, 08:31 PM.

Comment

UPDATE version MOD - v15.1.02

- large additions to the decorations for biomes and RWG
                          - small changes in other

Thank Tin and Haidrgna - your research is important !

Last edited by n2n1; 01-18-2018, 08:32 PM.

Comment

You Just made me Morning my friend!!! going to try it out later!!!
                            I will let you know how it goes!!

Comment

Originally posted by H3nriQ View Post
                              You Just made me Morning my friend!!! going to try it out later!!!
                              I will let you know how it goes!!
                              Thanks !
                              ... i there are so many twists that at one time impossible to see everything
                              I stopped the process to see what i did. I play today!

oh... probability very different from version A14, subbiomes contain excess number of objects, come too much of a screamer, the weight of the metals is different...
                              but - I warned...

Now I'm fixing major bugs and during the day will update the version to what it was like playability.
                              Will also be small additions among prefab.

Last edited by n2n1; 01-16-2017, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by n2n1 View Post
                                Thanks !
                                ... i there are so many twists that at one time impossible to see everything
                                I stopped the process to see what i did. I play today!

oh... probability very different from version A14, subbiomes contain excess number of objects, come too much of a screamer, the weight of the metals is different...
                                but - I warned...

Now I'm fixing major bugs and during the day will update the version to what it was like playability.
                                Will also be small additions among prefab.
                                It's more challenging and fun but it does need some balance!!!
                                Good job!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X