CLASSIC Style HARDCORE [MOD]

n2n1

q94JIJq.jpg

CLASSIC Style HARDCORE continues to develop the original idea laid down in the early Alphas of 7DtD

But there are many changes associated with improvement in favor of modernity. I introduce innovations, but i try to be careful with the original material and the atmosphere from Initial 7DtD.  This is going in the direction of hardcore survival.

The mod is large. I think, in the first week of survival - it is impossible to see even a third of all the features of the mod.

The entry threshold is very high, but this is the price for deep gameplay - this is unavoidable. The principles of survival here significantly different from modern vanilla!

This is about Survival. Do Reasonable Things or Die.

Since A13 * The mod is intended for experienced 7DtD players * Designed for SP.

(читать на Русском языке)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reasons why you should (or not) try this mod:

- if You have long time playing 7DtD and number your favorite alpha less than 13 - then be sure to try this mod, but don't take it as copying. Everything must move forward. Think of it as "extended oldschool".

- if You like enjoy the views and journey - you should not to overlook this mod.

- if You like to build - perhaps you would be interested. I love to build, but basically this is what it was before, with some complications and adding new way. Not a lot of new blocks. In the crafting and construction basically i tried to have this work - give you feeling that you have created by their labor, their hands - that feeling which completely disappeared with the introduction of the continuous upgrade, "somewoods" and the removal of the crafting grid.

- if You like mining - Yes. Harvest is changed, a new ore, the arrangement of the layers, there are some visual surprises under the ground. (does not apply to A18-19)

- if you like sell and buy, money! diamonds!! gold!!!.... - this mod is not about that. I cut the entire economic system.

- "for fun and win" - no.... it is not hasty mod, based on feelings and atmosphere. You don't conquer one here, but can try to survive, circumstances will always be stronger than you. By the way, it wasn't that difficult, just turn on the brain....but the experience certainly - required.

- if You are looking for Hardcore - Yes, but get ready for a strategic Hardcore, a huge number of zombies can not always be destroyed by rushing into the crowd. Zombies are killed easily, but you have limited opportunities. Let's just say: here - "hardcore" is that it is necessary to consider your strategically actions and receive the consequences. Will always leave a chance for you, but - it does not forgive stupid mistakes and imprudence.

- perks, level dependencies, trading - is progressively removed from the game because they bring confusion into balance and force the player to do nonsense. This not rpg mod.

- if you don't understand why you unable boil eggs - here you have freedom, the difficulties do not come from you.

- if you reluctant to cook your own food from rotten meat, yellow water and gasoline, and do not like narcotic - then you are welcome.

DOWNLOADS for:

************************* for A13,A14,A15,A16 ***************************

links are hidden

******************************** for A17 **********************************

not available for a17

******************************** for A18 **********************************

Test Version Only (watch the last video below to understand the readiness)

Some necessary things can't be done because of the limitations of the itself A18. I can't consider the current state of the mod to be any good for posting to the wide public. 

But... if you were familiar with the CSH mod earlier, and promise not to make hasty conclusions about the quality based on an unfinished build, then you can request a Test version through my PM.

******************************** for A19 **********************************

Closed testing started...

---------------------- For install: -----------------------------

1 - Replace folder 7 Days To Die. (in Steam folder)

2 -  Generate a new world, start new game.

These are two Great Tools with which to create content for this mod now:

Thanks Pillle for his Prefab Editor!

Thanks DerPopo for his UABE!

The mod was created using the Utility:

UABE (and a great Help DerPopo),

Hal's Prefab Editor (Thanks HAL9000),

Prefab-Editor(Alpha) (Thanks Pille),

SDX Tools (Thanks SDX Team)!

Thanks, Credits and some features: see post here

I am very thankful to knowledgeable People who share their knowledge!

Respect for The Fun Pimps! The idea of creating this game was amazing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14464[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14463[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14462[/ATTACH]

Before emergence of A13, and the come changes, I have decided to bring closer as much as possible New to an Old habitual look.

After deepening in work it became clear that new changes have also good parties and now the hybrid has turned out.

There is a lot of changes - not all in the list.

I doubt that it will be pleasant to someone "as is", it is an example for the creativity rather. I consider that I have original finds which are implemented very easily. Game to become more live and moderately difficult.

my difficulty setting:

- Survivalist

- zombie Always Run

- Max.Spawning

- 50% loot, respawn disable

(It's very playable for me! since A13.4 !)

Mod still in WIP, i play and make change.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GUI:

GUI - Heavely changed, (see here----)

Returned:

- woodlog, woodplanks, stick, sharpstone, tallGrass, ore, all type Meat and "rabbitOnAStick" :-)

- classic recipe StoneAxe

- different speed of movement on surfaces

- Can Pickup: Cinderblock, AgedWood, Woodlog

- Cobblestones and CementMix - tools at self

- returned for RWG the old intact buildings in addition to the destroyed options (business_red_brick_01,02,03,04,07, business_tan_brick_01,02,03,04,05)

- in cityblocks are replaced PineBurnt to PineDry (rg_waste_hub_blk_full,half,quartered,t, waste_rubble_bldg_08)

- the BurntForest biome looks as old

Changed:

- harvest Ores, Stone, etc. (similar old style)

- harvest trees (according to visual of a tree you receive resources, woodlog, sticks)

- the sequence of modernization of blocks, doors is interrupted.

- change harvest, destroy, fall event - at many blocks.

- time of growth of plants, trees is increased

- Woodlog is Can Pickup

- repair is more favorable than an upgrade or the new block

- time before loss of body is increased

- change a config of a Lootcontainers (chests, suplycrate, dropped backpack, minibike storage)

- the recipe of a torch (it is more expensive to make)

- recipe many items

- material of road, width depending on accessory, a grass through asphalt

- the quantity of feathers, nitrate, coal is reduced by surfaces

Added:

- added subbiomes, tweak biomes ( see here---)

- "fireWood" as fuel

- nails are added to a design of many objects, you won't be able even to make storagechest and woodframe at the beginning (but, it is not a problem for that who is able to think;-)

Removed:

- ironfragments from stones

- opportunity to work as the StoneAxe with steel, cement

- "crossbowSchematic", otherwise by then he will be already useless.

- from recipes: fridge, mailbox, toilets, grounds for biomes, destoedstone, stone

- human turd

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

versions of files are based on actual versions with changes

choose seedname more long - there are problems with emergence of subbiomes when them much (see here---).

for A14.5 now:

CLASSIC_Style_HARDCORE_v14.5.02_Full.rar

https://yadi.sk/d/ciDsRtiZqwhQr

P.S.:

known issues:

- there isn't enough memory for sharpstick....:-)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14465[/ATTACH]

If that last bit was a pun at tfp lol you failed haha :-P. You wontnhave nocs in your game so ner :-P lol. (Joking).

Looks good but yes i like the new way myself.

Thanks for ideas that i use in my Mod:

- TFP - it was a Great Idea.

- Haidrgna - Thanks for "Unloading Ammo"!

- Numberz - Thanks for the idea of a separate furnace for ore processing!

- StompyNZ - Thanks for UMA OfficeGirl!

- dretch - Thanks for about junction box!

- Tin, Alphado-Jaki - for regular tips on tuning RWG!

- StompyNZ - for his answers about .DLL code !

- sphereii - Mod Launcher support!

- Ingvar - tests and help to find bugs!

- GitSM (channel "7DtD_RuPlay"), DemOn26 - for criticism and assistance in improving gameplay!

Changes and Features:

- GUI changed in the similarity to the Old style.

- returned many Old stuff (stick, sharpStone, woodPlanks, woodLog, Ore, molds, metalStrips, all type Meat, old Books, and "rabbitOnAStick" :) )

- added many new items

- balance, loot - full reworked

- Biomes have changed, added new biomes, and sub biomes to them.

- RWG modified, are used almost all vanilla prefabs and their modifications, the added variants of cities, rurals.

- economy and traders removed

- changed and added Textures

- some biomes spectrum returned from A14, few sound ambients returned from A9...

.dll change:

- some my tweaks for GUI changes

- increase airdrop distance

- decrease min cap of wellnes (Thanks EvgenijM86 !)

- removed visual effect RunningFOV (Thanks herrpohl !)

- unlocked world editor (Thanks herrpohl !)

- remove Caps from some hud text (Thanks TedHankey !)

Note:

- Hi-End PC desirable.

Known issues:

Now i found a problem with the decoration of certain biomes. Because of the high density of grass on the flat terrain in some biomes (plains and meadows) in the interaction with the decoration (destroying grasses, harvest corn etc...) very often stops a miscalculation of Structural Integrity with the buffer overflow bug. After that, in this area is difficult to build a base (but this does not affect old objects). Now I'm looking for solutions to this problem, i really do not want to abandon the thick grass...

So, while I don't recommend to start building your base in such places.

If you get the red line to the console - just hit Esc (but calculation SI is stopped!)

If it stops generating chunks - quit and load game again (this is rare).

See attachment ReadMe for gameplay quick-tips and for clarity.

Had a run through and played about an hour on it. Lot of nostalgia making the stone-axe. Thanks for that. :)

I really like what you did with the biomes - they look a lot more natural. I did have a few problems with the RWG - monolithic drop-offs around 0,0. I used a really long seed number as suggested to. Might have just been bad luck. Also, zombies don't flinch unless I give them a headshot - is that on purpose?

Thanks for this mod - i'll definitely be playing it some more.

Had a run through and played about an hour on it. Lot of nostalgia making the stone-axe. Thanks for that. :)

I really like what you did with the biomes - they look a lot more natural. I did have a few problems with the RWG - monolithic drop-offs around 0,0. I used a really long seed number as suggested to. Might have just been bad luck. Also, zombies don't flinch unless I give them a headshot - is that on purpose?

Thanks for this mod - i'll definitely be playing it some more.

Yes, unfortunately good random - more luck is now.

I at first check the world for existence of all subbiomes (enough presence at one biome), and then I erase and begin to play. For example - six subbiomes are added to MainForestBiome - it is much, and not everyone seedname gives correct random, that all of them were shown. Everything steadily works only with roads.

Drop-offs is an old problem vanilla RWG. Mod doesn't do impacts on a form of a surface.

It seems, headshot work as it properly...

Can be, it because of the accuracy which was added in the last patch? I now often miss from an arbalest :-).

I have brought some changes quite recently, but it fix ability to climb walls owes.

DTeRICi.jpg

(This post - duplicate OP in Russian language)

Классический Стиль Хардкора  продолжает развивать оригинальную идею, заложенную в ранних Альфах 7DtD.

Но есть много изменений, связанных с улучшением в пользу современности. Я привношу новшества, но стараюсь быть осторожным с оригинальным материалом и атмосферой от оригинального 7DtD.

Мод идёт в направлении хардкорного выживания.

Мод очень большой. Я думаю, что в первую неделю выживания - невозможно увидеть даже треть всех возможностей мода.

Порог входа очень высок, но это, цена за глубокий игровой процесс - это неизбежно. Принципы выживания здесь существенно отличаются от современной ванили!

Здесь Выживание. Делай Разумные Поступки или Проиграешь.

Разрабатывается с A13. Мод предназначен для опытных игроков 7dtd  знакомых с ранними альфами. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Причины по которым Вам стоит (или не стоит) попробовать этот мод:

- просто потому что Вам нравятся старые альфы - может быть, но предупреждаю что это не копирование старых вещей, инновации немного искажают старые ощущения. Но все должно двигаться вперед. Думайте об этом как "расширенный олдскул".

- если Вы любите строить - возможно Вам будет интересно на поздних стадиях игрового процесса. Я люблю строить. Но , в основном это то что было раньше с уклоном в реалистичность и разнящимися правилами для разных типов блоков. Я стараюсь воссоздать то чувство когда результат ощущается как что то созданное трудом, своими руками. То ощущение которое полностью исчезло с введением нового непрерывного апгрейда, условных материалов (древесины) и удаления сетки крафта.

- если Вам нравиться путешествовать и смотреть окружающий мир - не в коем случае не пропустите этот мод... (понравится или наоборот - это конечно же, вопрос вкуса). Переделаны биомы, сменены правила генерации мира добавлены новые декорации и префабы.

- если Вы хотите играть в мультплеер, торговать, искать деньги! золото!!! ..... :) нет, этот мод не про это. Экономическая система удалена, а мультиплеер не берется в расчет.

- если вы любите копаться в шахте, добывать ресурсы - да, харвест (блока) переделан по подобию как было раньше, есть новые руды, полностью изменено расположение слоев которое приблизительно напоминает реальность. Да, под землей сейчас есть большие изменения.

- "for fun and win" - нет, это неспешный мод основанный на ощущениях и атмосфере. Здесь Вы никого не победите, но сможете попытаться Выжить, обстоятельства будут всегда сильнее вас. Между прочим это не так трудно...просто нужно включить мозг...но , конечно же, опыт потребуется.

- Если Вы ищете Хардкора - Да но приготовьтесь к тактическому хардкору, огромное количество зомби не всегда возможно истребить просто рунувшись в толпу. Зомби уничтожаются легко но и у вас ограниченные возможности. Скажем так: здесь "хардкор" это то что вам придеться планировать свои действия и получать соответсвующие последствия. Всегда есть шанс остаться в живых, но неблагоразумие и глупые ошибки - не прощаются.

- перки, уровнезависимый лут и т.п. - это постепенно удаляется из мода, поскольку это вносит неразбериху в геймплей, ломает баланс, и заставляет игрока заниматься ерундой.

--------------------------------------

Для установки:

1 - Скопировать все файлы в оригинальную папку "7 Days To Die" соглашаясь на замену (перезапись) файлов.

2 - Начать новую игру.

-------------------------------------

Известные проблемы:

- парящие в воздухе декорации из за высокой плотности декораций

- так же смотрите пост про проблему о "Cтруктурной Целостности" в этом моде, и в игре в целом.

-------------------------------------

Этот мод был создан с помощью улилит:

UABE (и полезных разъяснений DerPopo),

Hal's Prefab Editor (Спасибо HAL9000),

Prefab-Editor(Alpha) (Спасибо Pille)!

Я очень Благодарен знающим Людям которые делятся своими Знаниями !

Respect for The Fun Pimps! The idea of creating this game - is amazing

• 1 month later...
No idea what I'm doing wrong but it is not running

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15292[/ATTACH]

hmmm.....I checked on vanilla....

you downloaded the version without resources ?

you forgot to put the 7DtD_ExtTextureMod in C:\ ?

RWG or Navezgane ?

UPD:

I checked both the downloaded archive, RWG and Navezgane - it works...

possible solutions:

- rehash that would restore the original files and not to the influence of another mod

- check the folder structure inside - the files should replace the originals

- 7DtD_ExtTextureMod should be in C:\! .....(only C:\)

I like a lot of what you have done with this mod. I've done many of the same things in my game. A couple of things...

Regarding the ores, have you considered introducing new ore type items that have unique "materials" so that they can not be scrapped? Then you could create a new workstation designed solely for smelting the ores into usable, vanilla metals.

For the removing of the upgrading of blocks from one material to another, I noticed a few inconsistencies. Several of the reinforced concrete blocks have downgrade properties allowing them to go back to regular concrete. Was this intentional? Where did you intend for the interruptions to occur?

Anyway, keep up the good work. :)

Regarding the ores, have you considered introducing new ore type items that have unique "materials" so that they can not be scrapped? Then you could create a new workstation designed solely for smelting the ores into usable, vanilla metals.

are you talking about disable scrap ore from another thread ? ....interesting idea, need to think...of this, I had another one idea! :)

For the removing of the upgrading of blocks from one material to another, I noticed a few inconsistencies. Several of the reinforced concrete blocks have downgrade properties allowing them to go back to regular concrete. Was this intentional? Where did you intend for the interruptions to occur?

I just caught these errors, but an unexpected discovery has forced me to switch to GUI.

this downgrade was not to be - that I did not see (missed)

Where did you intend for the interruptions to occur?

What are you asking ?...my chain of thought is this:

frame>Wood>rWood>rMetalwood X Scrapframe>Scrapmetal>rScrapMetal X Concrete X puredConcrete>rConcrete>Steel :)

still, I have a desire to block the possibility of repair of cement blocks :D

ozLNHUx.jpg

coal seams....

OqtHOg9.jpg

....sulfur

I'd be interested to hear if you have another solution to the scrapping dilemma. For myself, this is what I did, for Iron Ore in this case:

Add your Iron Items - Fragments to drop from stone / iron ore blocks and a forge item for smelting:

Items.xml

<item id="1550" name="ironFragment">
<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Misc/sackPrefab" />
<property name="DropMeshfile" value="Items/Misc/sack_droppedPrefab" />
<property name="Material" value="iron_fragment" />
<property name="HoldType" value="21" />
<property name="Stacknumber" value="1000" />
<property name="Weight" value="5" />
<property name="DropScale" value="3" />
<property name="Group" value="Resources" />
</item>

<item id="1551" name="unit_iron_ore">
<property name="Extends" value="unit_iron" />
<property name="MeltTimePerUnit" value="0.25" />
<property name="CustomIcon" value="ironFragment" />
<property name="Material" value="iron_fragment" />
</item>

Note that your Iron Fragments and your new forge units are a new unknown material, "iron_fragment". So you will need to add this to your materials.xml with a new forge category, "iron_ore" that it will melt into. Now that the iron fragments are not material "metal", they can not be scrapped as Iron.

Materials.xml

<material id="iron_fragment">
<property name="damage_category" value="metal" />
<property name="surface_category" value="metal" />
<property name="forge_category" value="iron_ore" />
<property name="Hardness" type="float" value="1" />
<property name="stepsound" value="metal" />
<property name="stability_glue" value="320" />
<property name="Mass" type="int" value="20" />
<property name="MaxDamage" value="200" />
</material>

Now that you have your materials set up, you either need to add your new "iron_ore" forge material into the forge or create a new workstation for smelting. For myself, I created a new workstation:

Blocks.xml

<block id="7" name="ironOre">
<property name="Material" value="metal" />
<property name="Shape" value="Terrain" />
<property name="Mesh" value="terrain" />
<property name="Texture" value="33" />
<property name="DropScale" value="2" />
<drop event="Harvest" name="ironFragment" count="19" prob="1.0" />
<drop event="Destroy" name="ironFragment" count="18" prob="1.0" />
<drop event="Fall" name="ironFragment" count="36" prob=".5" stick_chance="0" />
<property name="CanMobsSpawnOn" value="true" />
</block>

<block id="2030" name="smelter">
<property name="Class" value="Forge" />
<property name="Material" value="Mbrick" />
<property name="Shape" value="ModelEntity" />
<property name="Model" value="Entities/Crafting/forgePrefab" />
<property name="Place" value="TowardsPlacerInverted" />
<property name="CustomIcon" value="forge" />
<property name="ParticleName" value="forge" />
<property name="ParticleOffset" value="0.5,0,0.5" />
<property name="HeatMapStrength" value="1.5"/>
<property name="HeatMapTime" value="1200"/>
<property name="HeatMapFrequency" value="25"/>
<property name="BuffsWhenWalkedOn" value="burningSmall"/>
<property name="ActiveRadiusEffects" value="+heatSource(3)"/>
<property class="RepairItems">
	<property name="rockSmall" value="50" />
	<property name="clayLump" value="50" />
	<property name="animalHide" value="12" />
</property>
<drop event="Destroy" name="[recipe]" count="1" />
<property name="Group" value="Basics,Tools/Traps" />
<property class="Workstation">
	<property name="CraftingAreaRecipes" value="smelter"/>
	<property name="Modules" value="output,fuel,material_input"/>
	<property name="InputMaterials" value="iron_ore"/>
</property>
<property name="DescriptionKey" value="smelterDesc"/>
</block>

If you have created a new workstation, you have to define it in the xui.xml and windows.xml:

Xui.xml

<window_group name="workstation_smelter" controller="XUiC_WorkstationWindowGroup">
		<window name="windowCraftingList"/>
		<window name="craftingInfoPanel"/>
		<window name="windowCraftingQueue"/>
		<window name="windowFuel" />
		<window name="windowSmelterInput" />
		<window name="windowOutput" />
		<window name="windowNonPagingHeader" />
	</window_group>

Windows.xml

<window name="windowSmelterInput" width="228" height="204" panel="Right" 
	controller="WorkstationMaterialInputWindow" materials_accepted="iron_ore" valid_materials_color="[green]" invalid_materials_color="[red]">
	<panel style="header.panel">			
		<sprite style="header.icon" sprite="ui_game_symbol_forge"/>
		<label style="header.name" text="INPUT" text_key="xuiSmelting" />
	</panel>

<sprite depth="2" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" pos="0,-46" height="153" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" on_press="true" />	
	<rect name="content" depth="1" pos="0,-46" height="153">	

<grid depth="7" rows="2" cols="1" pos="3,-3" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" controller="WorkstationMaterialInputGrid" repeat_content="true">
			<item_stack name="0"/>
		</grid>

</rect>

<rect name="content2" depth="0" pos="78, -49" width="147" height="148">
		<sprite depth="1" color="[mediumGrey]" type="sliced" on_press="true"/>
		<grid rows="6" cols="1" pos="3,-3" cell_width="147" cell_height="24"  repeat_content="true">
			<forge_material name="0"/>
		</grid>
	</rect>
</window>

And don't forget your recipes...

Recipes.xml

<recipe name="smelter" count="1" scrapable="False" >
       <ingredient name="rockSmall" count="100"/>
       <ingredient name="clayLump" count="50"/>
       <ingredient name="bellows" count="1"/>
       <ingredient name="shortMetalPipe" count="1"/>
   </recipe>

<recipe name="scrapIron" count="1" scrapable="False" craft_area="smelter" material_based="true" craft_time = "3" craft_exp_gain="0" >
       <ingredient name="unit_iron_ore" count="5"/>
   </recipe>

Sorry for the long post if this is already all known to you. Of couse, you can expand on all of the above for lead, copper, zinc, shale... whatever you like. :)

- - - Updated - - -

What are you asking ?...my chain of thought is this:

frame>Wood>rWood>rMetalwood X Scrapframe>Scrapmetal>rScrapMetal X Concrete X puredConcrete>rConcrete>Steel :)

Yes, this is what I was asking. Thanks.

Yes, i think your proposed option is, in fact, is more logical and close to reality:

1. Сrushing ore to fragment - because in reality don't get out the ore in the form of a rhombus.

2. The melting of the Metal from the Ore - because the ore is not a metal.

3. In a specialized furnace - because regular forge works only with pure metal.

That is the result:

Mining is one thing, a small melt of scrap metal - is different. Ore and Scrap are two different things. Ore not scrapped. That's right.

The second idea I mentioned above, was "Workstation smelter" :)

In their reflection, i came to the same, except for crushing ore. But now I think it's the best option, although it's a bit like vanilla.

Most likely, first I implement the first option with the substitution of "material", and when ripe will come second.

Ultimately I am drawn to realism.

PS: failed to implement a substitution of "material" without the addition of forge-categories ....:(

ureCdle.jpg

I reread myself and realized that I wrote it is unclear. Now there's two of vanilla - before A13 and Now.

I meant that I don't like when getting from the ground scrapmetal and scrapled. But it is fragmented - is not block. It is right, though not as before.

I kept thinking on the about ore. Early (before A13) everything was right about the Forge. This was achieved using mold.

Now is a designer crutches in the use of clay. One gets the feeling that it melted too.

So I without a doubt - returned Mold.

On the other hand, the application of the additional forge proper from the point of view of metallurgy but for games it might be unnecessary....I'm confused. And this requires a separate model of the special forge, otherwise it will look far-fetched.

9OBR4DW.jpg

(this biome not exist more in A16, replace to new...)

UPDATE version MOD - v14.7.01

- improved GUI !

- adaptation to A14.7 (b6)

- fixed Downgrade Cement blocks

(the full version with Assets will be later)

This is just fantastic and i hope this stays as true to vanilla as possible. we need people to experience how it USED to be for history sake lol.

Thanks!

I understand what You mean :)

But, everything moves forward and always want to add that be of modern good.

Maybe later, on the basis of this mod - I will want to create as similar True Classic, how will allow modding.

wqWsnKs.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE version MOD - v14.7.03

- improved GUI and cosmetics changes, add old HUD minibike, LootContainer Grid, remastered some window.

- tweak Biomes (Wasteland)

- tuned game balance

- return Book (ForgeAhead, ammunitionNationBook)

- add some Descriptions for items and block... in english (sorry about language) :)

- removed Respawn sound (for version with resource)

- changed distance Position3rdPersonOffset for minibike (for version with resource)

qRH3H7O.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE version MOD - v14.8.01

- add oldstyle LootTimer

- remastered some icon: chest, scrMetalPile, cotton, сhrysanthemum, ladders and TV - in HD now!

- fixed ammunition recipes

- balancing medicine, skill, weight.. and other.

- add all old Book

- add Description on English (yes,yes - my english...)

- honey not cure infection more, antibiotic is not craftable, add simpleAntibiotiс for replacement.

- wellnes decreased to 15 - you will not even be able to run... (included there is a variation of the standard Wellness look in the folder Managed)

- some perks are replaced by books, and vice versa.

- added BluberryJuice, Chicken meat and related recipes.

- you can now find descriptions of the layers of the biomes - the "Geological Map"

- add the possibility of increasing ViewDstance to 13 in main menu.

- changed map color

Known issues:

- often ambient sounds remain after you exit the biome

Alpha_14.8_2016-07-15_18-57-09.jpg.5e6e23c87373dc67560d377fbe74a62c.jpg

Alpha_14.8_2016-07-15_19-08-45.jpg.a89bd1e81cc157a9d621933cfdf69cb3.jpg

Alpha_14.8_2016-07-15_20-12-17.jpg.94f6fc8a0ca2508bf38c651d0d0656a3.jpg

• 1 month later...

UPDATE version MOD - v14.8.03

- balancing!

- adjustment of conformity for loot (the right things in the right places)

- nerfing perks and skills

- removed inappropriate sounds of the player (so far only for men)

- increased the spawn distance of the player (away from the center)

.dll change:

- slow motion starry sky

- removed visual effect RunningFOV (Thanks herrpohl !)

- unlocked world editor (Thanks herrpohl !)

Prefabs:

- slightly changed some prefabs (some details ;))

- added some spawn in some prefabs ;)

- the dog returned to the barns

RWG:

- return unused prefabs

- added two additional rural hub (school, hotel, factories, hospital)

- reduced density of POI and the probability of generation of town (compensate by two new hubs)

- a little added new POI (some danger!)

- slightly modified the rules of the emergence of a prefab (there are no gas stations in the burned biome, less intact buildings in wasteland, etc.)

Items:

- Gun Powder Charge - returned as a package of gunpowder

- improved some icon

and more ! ...

now I'm balancing the mod and start to deal with RWG and prefabs !

I love 7DtD !

R3kvg2i.jpg

Hey n2n1!

I hope you don't mind, but since I liked the look of your mod ( I was playing Alpha 10.4 earlier; brought back some great memories), and wanted to see what I could do with it, in terms of adding it to the Mod Launcher. It posed a few unique challenges for me, but I think I pulled it off. I had to do a minor patch the Mod Launcher itself to handle it.

0EyqGtHl.png

Some more screenshots

I made a copy of your mod in my GitHub Depot, and made some small changes.

1) Rather than using the hard-coded values of C:\\7DtD_ExtExtended\ folder, I quickly replaced the XML links to pull directly from the github depot. While not ideal, it did save the Launcher from doing an extra step of copying the folder to C:\. In my case, I don't have a lot of room on my C:\!

2) I saw you made a change to the resources.assets file. That's cool, but it's a big file! I took the liberty of using the 7D2D Mod Launcher's Patching utility to generate a patch against the vanilla version of resources.assets, and was able to shrink your change down to 145k patch, instead of 480M file.

3) Rather than use media fire, or another hosting site, I used a new repo off my personal github account to host the files, following the style that StompyNZ created. This let's you make changes to the files right online easily, and see the changes you've done over time.

One of the cool things about github is that it can automatically create a zip file of your mod on-demand, with the latest changes. This is what the Mod Launcher uses, so it always has your latest version.

One of the neatest things is, I think, that I was able to shrink your 100 Meg mod down to 13 Meg.

Thanks for the awesome mod,

-SphereII

Cool !!! :)

1) Rather than using the hard-coded values of C:\\7DtD_ExtExtended\ folder, I quickly replaced the XML links to pull directly from the github depot. While not ideal, it did save the Launcher from doing an extra step of copying the folder to C:\. In my case, I don't have a lot of room on my C:\!

Yes, that's an option.

I just don't understand why download from Internet 5MB. I'm a man of the old school and do not trust the Internet :)

2) I saw you made a change to the resources.assets file. That's cool, but it's a big file! I took the liberty of using the 7D2D Mod Launcher's Patching utility to generate a patch against the vanilla version of resources.assets, and was able to shrink your change down to 145k patch, instead of 480M file.

Yes, you just not get assets, in the download option there is a version without them.

(or are you saying that you can only save the difference between file assets from vanilla, and then restore back to changed file?)

But if you do not use my changed Assembly-CSharp.dll - then it will lead to incorrect display the grid of lootcontainer.

Sorry I'm a bad internet user and do not understand what are the modern file exchangers. But if it's more convenient - i'll be glad !

jZUxc1R.jpg

Hi n2n1!

With regards to 2), I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I used the Launcher to compare the vanilla version of resources.assets, and compared it to your modified version. It then generated a binary difference of the file; so it made a new file that is only the difference between the two. This file was only 145 kilobytes. So the launcher is able to download and apply that file to the vanilla version, resulting in your modified one. If anyone uses the Launcher, they would be able to play your Full mod, which was 100 megs to download, but now they would only need to download 13 megs.

I did use your Assembly-CSharp.dll successfully :)

-SphereII

Archived