A17 - SDX Chicken Mod

HAL9000

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

Mercy on my for my eng, i watched yr vid about the mod, i get a few question to ask: (my about my not perfect eng, but may i missed this, or simply cant undestand when tis info was passed)

1, the chiekns can "lay" nest, or we need find a place where are nests avaible?

2, if they need a best will this mod add a recipe to us?

3, The no of the chikens is per nest, per voxel or per chunk?

4, if it per chunk is our "fence" can limit them?

this mod is awsome, i cant w8 to try it out ^^

Hi!

Mercy on my for my eng, i watched yr vid about the mod, i get a few question to ask: (my about my not perfect eng, but may i missed this, or simply cant undestand when tis info was passed)

1, the chiekns can "lay" nest, or we need find a place where are nests avaible?

2, if they need a best will this mod add a recipe to us?

3, The no of the chikens is per nest, per voxel or per chunk?

4, if it per chunk is our "fence" can limit them?

this mod is awsome, i cant w8 to try it out ^^

Hello Con Agni,

1/2) You have to build the nests. I was going to have the chickens make them but you'd end up with them dotted about all over. There's no recipe for the nest in the mod but I can add one to the next version.

3) The limit check is when an egg wants to hatch, it checks to make sure there's less than the maximum set in the XML around it so you can have multiple nests but limited chickens.

4) Yes, if you have a fence then they will spawn in that group until the maximum is reached but you couldn't have a second group within the block radius limit.

I'd recommend checking out the husbandry mod too, it expands on this idea with more animals.

I'll be updating all my SDX mods soon so they're compatible with 14.6

Thnx Good Sirr Hal, for the anwsers, the chikens seems enough for me atm =)

Then may the nest can made from 4 wood?

Another ting in my mind:

1, the nest is only "works" in horizontal, or if we make nest on a voxel up or down?

2, The nest need to be physical contact with the chiken?

Thnx Good Sirr Hal, for the anwsers, the chikens seems enough for me atm =)

Then may the nest can made from 4 wood?

Another ting in my mind:

1, the nest is only "works" in horizontal, or if we make nest on a voxel up or down?

2, The nest need to be physical contact with the chiken?

1) When the chicken is looking for a nest it will search the surrounding chunks but will only look 2-3 blocks above an below.

2) Yes, the chicken needs to be able to get to within 1 block of the nest or it won't incubate or lay eggs in the nest.

How far the chickens are wandering from their nests ?

Is it a must to have a fence then ?

The chickens will wander around for a minute or so then head back to the nest they've claimed. You can set the wander time in the XML I think.

A fence is only needed if you don't have nests ready. When a chicken is placed down it will wander around looking for a nest. When wandering it can travel anywhere until it finds a nest. Once found and claimed it will do as described above. Fences can be bad however because if a chicken is unable to get to its nest it will disown it and start looking for another one. So if it's outside the fence and you shut the door it won't be able to get home and will start wandering to find one.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi good sir!

I camed with some thing to ask.

Maybe im lame, but after we all intaled the mod, only the server side sees the chikens an they aint even move, if the other players put them down thn the nex happens:

20160526121713_1.jpg.bf3e306ccb0bc941885baf644f597356.jpg

They still cant see them, we use p2p server

i do something wrong?

20160526121552_1.jpg.8dc21fe69c5f33e0ef5412a19d978cbe.jpg

Hi Con Agni,

Has it worked before? I intended the mod for SP only really. I don't do much multiplayer so there wasn't much opportunity to test MP. Sounds like there's a problem passing the creation event to clients.

I can't see that text in those images as it's too small. What do the red messages say?

Hi Con Agni,

Has it worked before? I intended the mod for SP only really. I don't do much multiplayer so there wasn't much opportunity to test MP. Sounds like there's a problem passing the creation event to clients.

I can't see that text in those images as it's too small. What do the red messages say?

No, this was the clean, first test version (no other mods in), only p2p 2 ppl on it to see.

the text say any time when tho other player used the chiken ittem:

InvaildCastExeption: cannnot cast from source type to destination type.

If the server side used them all was fine, the other side not get the error, but wasnt able to see the chikens, or interract with them.

• 2 months later...
I watched the video and I've punched like 5 chickens... they all died :(

It's based on your athletics so if you only have 1 skill point in Athletics you only have a 1% chance of capturing a chicken per punch.

No, this was the clean, first test version (no other mods in), only p2p 2 ppl on it to see.

the text say any time when tho other player used the chiken ittem:

InvaildCastExeption: cannnot cast from source type to destination type.

If the server side used them all was fine, the other side not get the error, but wasnt able to see the chikens, or interract with them.

I'm pretty sure we spoke about this over PM but just in case I'll post here again. An MP version will be getting worked on in the future. Maybe A15 but no promises.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
One more question regarding installation.

Just drop the "HallChicken" map in de mod folder and that's it?

Also does it give the option to craft nests as well?

Enable it with SDX.

I'm using HalChickenA16.1, it makes chickens gone, non entity. They still show up on F6, but do not spawn.

• 1 year later...
Enable it with SDX.

I'm using HalChickenA16.1, it makes chickens gone, non entity. They still show up on F6, but do not spawn.

probably not compatible with a17, are you running it on a16 or a17?

- - - Updated - - -

any chance for an a17 version hal?

Archived