Subquake

spacer.png
ABOUT
  • Overhauled User Interface
  • Improved Journal User Interface with thematic topic header images
  • Vehicles have custom UI, showing speedometer, encumbrance and more
  • Map window now supports 40 custom POI icons to choose from
  • Advanced Sorting and Searching feature in inventory and storage
  • Optional Undead Legacy UI parameters in Options -> Video -> User Interface -> Undead Legacy
  • Overhauled Encumbrance system where all items and blocks have certain weight, inventory limited by carry weight, slot limit 300
  • Overhauled attributes and perks
  • Perks no longer unlock new schematics, nor they level up crafting tiers
  • Introduction of Action Skills, that level based on what you do
  • Introduction of Research System
  • New lockpicking minigame
  • Overhauled crafting system and crafting progression
  • Overhauled material progression
  • Hundreds of new items, blocks, recipes, vehicles etc
  • Player crafted electrical lights support for full RGB customization
  • More immersive world interaction, water sources require jars to interact, fuel barrels and pumps require fuel cans
  • Pick up all wild plants and player crafted ones with action key
  • A lot of slightly damaged vehicles found in the world can now be fully repaired
  • More info about the mod can be found on my website (including screenshots): http://ul.subquake.com/

A20 Features (Experimental):

• Brand new User Interface with even more stunning graphics
  • New Item Upgrade & Repair mechanic featuring a Mechanic Station with 3 tiers
  • Lockpicking v2.0
  • Deeper crafting recipe rebalance

TERMS OF USE

LINKS

DONATIONS AND SUPPORT

spacer.png    spacer.png

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

TERMS OF USE

Terms:

• Mod Author - Subquake, the developer and author of Undead Legacy.

Usage:

1. You are allowed to use Undead Legacy with or without any kind of modifications to its source material. All modifications and/or derivative works of Undead Legacy are restricted to private use only if not stated otherwise with written consent from Mod Author.

2. Your rights to use, reuse, distribute, duplicate, copy and modify Undead Legacy is limited to private use only if not stated otherwise with written consent from Mod Author.

3. Mod Author is not responsible for any damage, that may be inflicted during an incorrect or correct installation of Undead Legacy.

4. All included Undead Legacy asset file (any format) use, reuse, distribution, duplication, copy or modification is prohibited outside of private use unless you have a written consent by Mod Author and proof of said asset ownership from their respective authors.

5. All artwork related files (any format of images or video files) for Undead Legacy posted, shared or distributed by Mod Author in any form (digital or physical) belong to Mod Author unless stated otherwise by Mod Author and duplicating/copying these files is limited to private use only unless stated otherwise by a written consent by Mod Author.

6. If you have a written consent (digital or physical) from Mod Author to do one or more of the following: use, reuse, distribute, duplicate, copy or modify Undead Legacy outside of private use only, you are obligated to give appropriate credit to Mod Author, provide a link to the original source of Undead Legacy and these Terms of use, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the Mod Author endorses you or your use.

PERMISSIONS

Here's a list of users or mods, that were granted permission to reuse parts of Undead Legacy for their own mods:

[table][tr][td]Mod or User[/td][td]Assets[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Veldian[/td][td]9mmBullet.png, 44MagBullet.png, 762mmBullet.png, shotgunShell.png, shotgunSlug.png[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]七日杀吧[/td][td]

Undead Legacy 1.3.0.3 and older versions User Interface XML code only, excluding all textures and icons

[/td][/tr]

[/table]

So it's been a while since my last post, but for a good reason. I did some brainstorming about how I want the UI of the windows to look and asked around to my friends and I redrew most of it to have a totally new and hopefully better looking UI (At least I think it's now much better)

I've updated my main post with new screenshots, scratched the old ones.

You are doing an amazing job man. I only wish Atlas Icons could be pushed to the client via URL like the UI.

I'm sure Steam Workshop support will be available at some point too, they just have their hands busy with other things first.

The fact, that you can push XUI xmls now to clients is very nice and you can make the UI so that the images are pushed from a url too as you mentioned, however I'm making this with local images, so that you can play even when you have no internet access :)

For anyone interested, here's some bit of code:

in windows.xml

<sprite depth="2" name="backgroundMain" size="452,235" style="ui_image" type="sliced">
<texture style="bg_item_desc2"/>
</sprite>

in styles.xml

<style name="ui_image" type="sprite">
<style_entry name="width" value="116"/>
<style_entry name="height" value="80"/>
<style_entry name="pivot" value="TopLeft"/>
<style_entry name="globalopacity" value="true"/>
<style_entry name="foregroundlayer" value="true"/>
<style_entry name="atlas" value="ItemIconAtlas"/>
<style_entry name="sprite" value="_ui_transp" />
<style_entry name="tipe" value="Sliced" />
</style>

<style name="bg_item_desc2" type="texture">
<style_entry name="material" value="Materials/Transparent Colored"/>
[b][color="#00FF00"]<style_entry name="texture" value="@file:Mods\UndeadLegacy\Textures\UI\Windows\item_desc2.png"/>[/color][/b]
</style>

It's a relative path to the image, not absolute and this way I have all the images, including the icon images in <game folder>\Mods\UndeadLegacy folder:

WBQr0tT.png

UUu i love when mod have tons of items ;)Hope You even add more in future.GJ we cant wait to see this in A15

I also love ton of items, that's why I'm making this mod, since I think while the items the default game offers are nice and all, they are far and few between.

Here's an update: Worked quite a bit to get the hardest workstations UI done, which in my opinion is the forge of course:

n0nEl83.png

And also I updated the workbench:

R5utY4n.png

The UI part of your mod looks amazing, i really like the grid list. Think i'll try to make a grid list too for my xui mod (just without those really cool graphics you have ;) )

Excuse my ignorance, and my laziness for posting before searching.

This thread gives me the impression that it is possible for a dedi to store UI XMLs and push them to the client, which raises a few questions in my mind:

Does this make the server go to the modded tab?

Can a client run any UI version without it causing a problem with EAC/valve when joining a server?

Thanks for your help :)

Excuse my ignorance, and my laziness for posting before searching.

This thread gives me the impression that it is possible for a dedi to store UI XMLs and push them to the client, which raises a few questions in my mind:

Does this make the server go to the modded tab?

Can a client run any UI version without it causing a problem with EAC/valve when joining a server?

Thanks for your help :)

Yes any mod to the UI will put your server in the modded list. Anytime a client joins a dedicated server the UI from the server is pushed to the client meaning it doesn't matter what the clients mods are they will not be used

Yes any mod to the UI will put your server in the modded list. Anytime a client joins a dedicated server the UI from the server is pushed to the client meaning it doesn't matter what the clients mods are they will not be used

That's very useful info, thanks BeatKidz :)

The screenshots are amazing, especially the different colors. Your idea is great. I can't wait to test it.

Thanks!

I just finished up all the crafting workstation UIs and the loot container window UI, next step is to change the weapon assembly window and minibike window, since they share some similarities regarding part placement.

Once I will be comfortable with the core UI changes, I will definitely share a download link for the UI part of the mod first. That way you will be able to test out the UI separately and give some feedback through using it.

I still have quite a bit of work to do with the additional items so they will be released a bit later. What I still need to do with items before release:

- add proper economy values (atm every item has economic value of 20)

- balance out scrap weight amount for new items

- incorporate most items in crafting recipes

And I should also point out, that with this UI I removed item restrictions for workstation tool slots, so you can place any item you want there, but it will only work with the required items as intended. The only difference is that you can place required tools in any slot and in any combination. I did this, because this will allow me to define more various tools, that might be required to make certain items later on, that will come with the mod.

Some screenshots:

Workbench

Forge

Cement Mixer

Campfire

Chemistry Station

Stove*

Wall Stove*

* Undead Legacy additional workstations

UPDATE @07.10.2016:

Finished first iteration of Weapon Assembly window:

Fcs5OhR.png

3VK0eCs.png

Looks epic so far :)

Thanks, glad you like it :)

I finally finished the minibike UI as well, took me quite a while do do it, because I wanted to cramp in a lot of stuff in a very small area. To reduce clutter I removed labels on minibike's parameters and left the icons and values, but when you hover over those values or the icon, it will show what's the stats name. The durability is shown, when hovering over the repair button.

Enough talk, here's some pictures:

M57v3wH.png

fQsHdt7.png

More news!

I finished making the character window:

BSkrz4B.jpg

As you can see, it only occupies one side, because I removed the text for the player statistics and moved it to the tooltip, so when you hover over in case you don't know what the icon means, you can get the name of the stat or buff. Also I made the buff info window very similar to the item view window.

Yes, the character model is smaller, but I think this way it's more functional and I think that it looks more coherent instead of having one long strip of inventory slots and the new character model size is appropriate for those slots now, like in many other games (wow, torchlight, fallen earth etc).

Also the temperature is right besides the feels like temperature and I think that this way it's more informative instead of looking across two windows with the inventory in between the stats of the gear and stats of the player.

And on top of all that I added tooltips for the resistances. The default game doesn't have them.

Very nice work, any estimates on the release time for the UI mod or the full overhaul?

Not much till the UI part, I want to finish up making the main HUD itself. The rest might take a bit longer, a few weeks give or take.

so cool! nice ,by the way,can it work normal in Lan Game mode ?

Yes it should, I'll make some instructions once portion of it will be available for download :)